coco grow maxibloom not doing to good

• Thread starter westcoastcocogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

westcoastcocogrower

Hello there,

I posted before and got some help but things just not going my way Chocolope strain new seeds super lemon hazr

Having lots of issues with my coco grow. i Mentioned this before my tap water reads 1000 PPM. i used tap water before with Lucas formula 8/16 and cal mag and had a few okay harvests. With lakes low here in Southern California water seems to be really hard then last year and year before. I now go to the store and use the water systems outside the grocery stores. I have a few plants 10 weeks old and was just using the filtered water at 27 PPM and 5 grams of maxibloom no cal mag. The plant wasn’t growing anymore and Yellow leaves. I added a half gram of epsom salt and things started to grow again and plant turned more green color. My green thumb sucks I can’t get anything going and if I do I get issues. Some say it’s so easy and I have no idea what the heck I doing now.

im using 5 grams of maxibloom and just started using half tsp of cal mag Instead of epsom salt and one planted is wilting. I believe it’s root bound now and needs to be transplanted. I also just got new 1500 watt led light for my grow tent. I just planted to new seeds and be nice to figure out what I’m doing wrong and make these new seeds grow fast.

Coco grow maxibloom not doing to good
Coco grow maxibloom not doing to good 2
Coco grow maxibloom not doing to good 3
Coco grow maxibloom not doing to good 4
Coco grow maxibloom not doing to good 5
Coco grow maxibloom not doing to good 6
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

If you are growing in coco, you probably don't need to add any cal/mag when using tap water. I use RO and adding the right amount of cal/mag boosts EC to about 800ppm. You may be able to mix half tap water and half RO water, skip the cal/mag and then add more nutes up to your PPM limit.

I don't know that rootbound is quite the right term for growing in coco. Very possibly you just need high-frequency fertigation. Have a read over at cocoforcannabis.com. Tutorials are good.

W

westcoastcocogrower

If you are growing in coco, you probably don't need to add any cal/mag when using tap water. I use RO and adding the right amount of cal/mag boosts EC to about 800ppm. You may be able to mix half tap water and half RO water, skip the cal/mag and then add more nutes up to your PPM limit.

I don't know that rootbound is quite the right term for growing in coco. Very possibly you just need high-frequency fertigation. Have a read over at cocoforcannabis.com. Tutorials are good.
Thanks I will have a read. I know I had a mag issues because when I added epsom salt to my watering they perked up.

2Bad

2Bad

Im sorry craig but coco can rootbound just like soil it's the plastic pot that causes it not the media.

@westcoastcocogrower You are spot on with the calmag. Coir eats up the coco and takes it from the roots so always supplement.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
A drainage using clay pebbles could help next grow with the ringroots

Maxibloom contains Ca but you may need more, plants tell

And always check pH and runoff ppms & pH
though no exact science, still helpfull is something is awfully out of bounds

oh, and also water to runoff to drain old nute solution out and don't let the coco dry out too much

W

westcoastcocogrower

Not sure what to do here. Using filtered water from water machines in front of stores. I did notice my ph was high at 6,3 and I did lower to 5.8 a week and half ago. I do check the water a few days later if.not used up on certain plants and noticed it has drifted up to 6.3. My Whole grow leaves have looked pale and had very slow growth So I added epsom salt and went up to 1 gram and they perked up and leaves started to turn more green. Also growth from internodes started to come in. Now I’m doing a test the one in photo is maxibloom 5.2 grams and 1 tsp of Epsom salt. Other plant I’m running with 5.2 maxibloom and calmag at 5ml 1 tsp. On the photo do you see any calcium def? Should I just stick to the epsom salt?

I also started some seeds 2 weeks ago different strain though Few photos below are at 2 weeks and just started using 2.2 grams maxibloom and 1/4 tsp of calmag. I was wondering if you think they have a mag def maybe already ?

Thank you

F5D21CC4 B2F3 4CF6 BC8A 4006544632BB
34BAE497 20AE 412F 822D 4BDAB1FB238F
454C588A 7243 45ED B739 DFE55846EB87
038CE6A0 3273 49D4 A8B3 B6329B731521
885D6148 95C8 421A A3C9 8CC320FE2E3A
jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

If your soil is compacted, loosen it up, use a tool to make deep holes to let in air, especially since you are using plastic containers, the sides are blocking air/oxygen flow. I would also possibly dial back on nutes, every other watering and water less. Allow a tiny bit of dryness then water to moisten instead of drenching and saturating the pot. Keep a close eye on your mediums moisture. Add some good airflow and balance the humidity if that needs adjustment.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Here's a auto I grew in Coco 61 days old then had to kill it because had to move things out. But this auto didn't start to flower until day 30 so has been flowering for 31 days and had another 4 weeks to go. But it was grown in maxibloom, I used RO water in 5 gallon bucket with 5ML silica and 5ML of calmagic with 5 grams of maxibloom which give me about EC of 1.0 and PH was 5.8 in 3 gallon air pot feeding 3 times a day with 20 percent run off each feeding. Will do another run the same way, you can from start to finish just use maxibloom. Here's picture right before I killed it off.

Screenshot 20220520 123202
W

westcoastcocogrower

Lots issues for me with just maxibloom and calmag. Here is a picture of the 2 small plants a month later and seems like I got deficiency’s or something. The big plants I upped to 7 grams and tsp of calcium and they took off. Pictures below if my new seeds about 6 weeks old and not growing at all lately.

779EADEC CA25 4793 A1BB 6A8AC0CF90C2
CE4FD174 0CEA 4EBC 95EB 328F26DC80CC
188B3124 E135 4CF8 BAA7 934C7B2080DB
71B5E1F8 F4E4 4D72 953C 0ED5866C71FD
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Something isn't right, are you feeding them at least three times a day with 20 percent run off. If so check your run off. EC should be close to what you put in could be 200 ppm higher and be alright but higher than that need to add another feeding in to keep the salt down. pH can be a little off. Don't really don't need to even check run off if you are feeding them a few times a day with 20 percent run off.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Here's mine two days later 15 days old, get feed 5 times a day with 20 percent run off, on 30 second feedings.

IMG 20220523 180256512
IMG 20220523 180252512
W

westcoastcocogrower

Something isn't right, are you feeding them at least three times a day with 20 percent run off. If so check your run off. EC should be close to what you put in could be 200 ppm higher and be alright but higher than that need to add another feeding in to keep the salt down. pH can be a little off. Don't really don't need to even check run off if you are feeding them a few times a day with 20 percent run off.
No hand watering once a day, I will check the runoff tonight then and post back later.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Yes sounds like you need to do more feedings a day with 20 percent run off, best to invest in a $20.00 timer and some halo rings and get things set up that way, it's cheap to do, all you got to do is keep your nutrients right when mixing it, I go threw a 5 gallon bucket of nutrients a day for two plants.

2Bad

2Bad

Lots issues for me with just maxibloom and calmag. Here is a picture of the 2 small plants a month later and seems like I got deficiency’s or something. The big plants I upped to 7 grams and tsp of calcium and they took off. Pictures below if my new seeds about 6 weeks old and not growing at all lately.
Is this the one that was rootbound?

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I went back to the beginning of your post and seen the pots you are using and the one plant that is ready to be set down into a 3 gallon air pot if you got one, if not invest in some you will like them because the roots can breathe very well in them. Next run you do try some rotor rooter plugs to start your seeds, then place them in a 1 liter air pot and feed that 1 liter air pot on the outside of seedling that's in the Roto-Rooter plug sitting in the center of that 1 liter air pot with 70/30 coco and perlite feeding with 20 run off even at three days old with EC being 0.5 PH 5.7 then in 14 days transplant to 3 gallon air pot and feed 5 times a day. Every 4 hours running at 30 seconds and should be enough to give you 20 percent run off. You can even use master blend if you don't want to use maxibloom. Hang in there you will get it figured out. Right now I'm giving my plants 600 par at 16 days old right now and I will top mine in two days. Good luck coco is fast once you get the hang of it. Pictures this morning, you can see they grow since last pictures not even 24 hours.

IMG 20220524 063439244
IMG 20220524 063444548
W

westcoastcocogrower

No new seeds of super lemon haze. I think my issues are My feeding at 6 grams of maxibloom and calmag every watering is to much for them. I believe i need to lower the fees for everyday feeding? My crappy tds meter doesn’t look like it can be calibrated at all.

The root bound plant I upped to 7 grams of maxibloom and full 5ml of calmag and thing took off. I’m just trying to dial things in so when I start again I can do a shorter veg get some clones and bud. Take a look you see any issues in the root bound plant.

5C1C60E0 B150 4820 9A3A B9BC58BACB4A
9247200F 76BC 4EDA 87E6 0AB64CD57D1D
C87807B4 A038 453B 98CE 0DF3E3575531
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

It's looking nice, you do need to get some decent gage's so you know what you are doing for sure, I use the blue lab PH pen and blue lab pen for the EC. I mix my nutrients in a 5 gallon bucket and add silica blast first and let it set for about 30 minutes before I add 5 ML of calmagic then add my maxibloom to I get EC-1.0 then PH it to 5.8 and feed plants until I get 20 percent run off 5 times a day which uses that whole 5 gallon bucket of nutrients in a day. Running 18/6 for light. Your plant could handle that kind of feeding right now.

Observationist

Observationist

Not sure what to do here. Using filtered water from water machines in front of stores. I did notice my ph was high at 6,3 and I did lower to 5.8 a week and half ago. I do check the water a few days later if.not used up on certain plants and noticed it has drifted up to 6.3. My Whole grow leaves have looked pale and had very slow growth So I added epsom salt and went up to 1 gram and they perked up and leaves started to turn more green. Also growth from internodes started to come in. Now I’m doing a test the one in photo is maxibloom 5.2 grams and 1 tsp of Epsom salt. Other plant I’m running with 5.2 maxibloom and calmag at 5ml 1 tsp. On the photo do you see any calcium def? Should I just stick to the epsom salt?

I also started some seeds 2 weeks ago different strain though Few photos below are at 2 weeks and just started using 2.2 grams maxibloom and 1/4 tsp of calmag. I was wondering if you think they have a mag def maybe already ?

Thank you

Epsom salts

And if that’s coco it’s not root bound.

You just need to water and feed it more or get a bigger pot.

Top Bottom