Coco, micro and Indo

• Thread starter Stkyfngaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

I'm new to this site but I want to let it be known, I ain't no rookie to this here gro game or hobby. I am a pure Coco grow medium micro grower. I have this belief that it is impossible to get root bound in this stuff. It's possible to get GREAT yeilds in cups 16- 54 oz cups. I'm thinking maybe a friendly cup challenge, 16 oz. maybe, a little larger for people wanting a little more bang for their space. Let's figure out the details in the next couple of weeks, set the start date and of course finish around 75-70 days later with pix and let the viewing audience decide the winner, prize being bragging rights only. Let's get lot's of participation and a start date of mid August. Friendly people needs to apply so we can do this with complete drama free competitive grow challenge.
. .

Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

Just started with 3 beans, gonna sex the clones and leave the 3 original bean plants for mother's. My plant selection is a strawberry banana sherbet, a purple gorilla, and my personal fav a 13 yr old grape ape seed. Started in rockwool cubes after I see roots I'll transplant into coco . Then top, and wait for clones. The clones will be entered for comp. They'll be flowered in cups.

It's still early enough to get some others to participate! So if you're reading this jump aboard, let's see that cup game !

Seraphine

Seraphine

Just started with 3 beans, gonna sex the clones and leave the 3 original bean plants for mother's. My plant selection is a strawberry banana sherbet, a purple gorilla, and my personal fav a 13 yr old grape ape seed. Started in rockwool cubes after I see roots I'll transplant into coco . Then top, and wait for clones. The clones will be entered for comp. They'll be flowered in cups.

It's still early enough to get some others to participate! So if you're reading this jump aboard, let's see that cup game !
I’ll pick up some solo cups tonight and pick a seed or two that I got as freebies that I don’t mind if I get a shitty yield out of.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Now before I get made fun of for my choice of container for this micro grow, let me explain myself. I hate non breathable pots and for this micro grow I didn’t want my plants getting rootbound. Here’s my solution to solo cup size but wanting a fabric pot and not wanting to order some off amazon in such a small size. I filled these running socks with coco coir, about the same amount that would go in a solo cup. In the socks are diesel autos (and not part of this challenge are two super mazar autos that are in the medicine cups that will go in 1 gallon fabric pots).

9C3EEDE6 76FC 42A1 9467 F0BC0CEB6607
Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

First off I want to apologise for abandoning my own thread! No excuses, just haven't been able to keep up with everything else, so a little neglect in a forum is what I chose to not spend much time in.

But I did carry on with my grow, and it suffered a little neglect as well. But from 7 beans I was able to run 5. Culled a male, and half way thru my run found a purple gorilla that was hermie prone, so he/she got chopped.

Of the remaining 5 I selected 3 to go more rounds with. 1 gelato, 2 strawberry banana sherbet, 3 dark star (which is a heavy chic)!

@Seraphine I also wanted to see how that sock pot worked out, if you would enlighten us. Very creative idea to say the least.

Seraphine

Seraphine

First off I want to apologise for abandoning my own thread! No excuses, just haven't been able to keep up with everything else, so a little neglect in a forum is what I chose to not spend much time in.

But I did carry on with my grow, and it suffered a little neglect as well. But from 7 beans I was able to run 5. Culled a male, and half way thru my run found a purple gorilla that was hermie prone, so he/she got chopped.

Of the remaining 5 I selected 3 to go more rounds with. 1 gelato, 2 strawberry banana sherbet, 3 dark star (which is a heavy chic)!

@Seraphine I also wanted to see how that sock pot worked out, if you would enlighten us. Very creative idea to say the least.
I just harvested it! Got a full pint size canning jar filled up with peppermint kush.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Dude you did the right thing abondning you dont want to challange Seraphine in 16 oz cup challanges thrust me

Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

Dude you did the right thing abondning you dont want to challange Seraphine in 16 oz cup challanges thrust me
No worries here, I welcome the challenge! I only wish there were more people up for this challenge. Maybe I'd be disqualified tho due to the fact my veg took a little longer than expected and I up potted into 48 oz cups.

Top Bottom