Coco/Perlite or Coco/Soil/Perlite/Humus?

• Thread starter sicksock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sicksock

sicksock

So i have some seedlings in soil/perlite mix in0,4l pots. I will transplant them to 2gal fabric pots when time has come.

Soil from farming store. Not bad quality. Also i have farming perlite. and Ordered biobizz coco .
I was thinking going 50/50 perlite coco mix. But a friend of mine who is an elder grower , recommended me to mix coco with soil and perltie and add some worm humus.

Whats your thoughts? Have you tried before . And how was it? whats its ups and downs?

BigCube

BigCube

So i have some seedlings in soil/perlite mix in0,4l pots. I will transplant them to 2gal fabric pots when time has come.

Soil from farming store. Not bad quality. Also i have farming perlite. and Ordered biobizz coco .
I was thinking going 50/50 perlite coco mix. But a friend of mine who is an elder grower , recommended me to mix coco with soil and perltie and add some worm humus.

Whats your thoughts? Have you tried before . And how was it? whats its ups and downs?

The medium I use is coco perlite and peat. Promix hpcc. It's a great mix.

Whatever you use, learn how to use it. There is no real difference on the end product if the grower knows their medium.

How hands on do you want to be? Coco and perlite is going to need you to stay on top of it. Daily waterings, very specific nutrient balances and supplementation. While something with more to it, will take care of the bulk of those issues.

I use promix hpcc cause it comes with mycorrhizae and ph buffers. Has enough peat that I dont have to water every single day even in veg. I can be a bit more lax on the ph correction, and it doesnt need as much supplementation.

THCMonster

THCMonster

You can add any organic matter to coco as far as soil, worm castings, guanos, manures... Etc. But once you add these types of organic material to coco the one thing you cant do is treat it like pure coco anymore.

What i mean by that is that you don't want to water it constantly like coco, and you cant keep it moist like you can with pure coco. Also it wont dry out as fast as pure coco with perlite and you HAVE to wait for it to dry out between waterings.

Ive been running in coco for 7+ years now and have tried everything damn near with coco, it good to mix stuff with coco if you are looking for certain outcomes, like not having to water as often, or not having to add fertilizer to every watering.

But if you want the same benefits and quick fast growth pure coco can give you if used properly, then i wouldnt mix anything but the perlite with it.

Me personally i use:

60% coco
40% perlite
tsp/ gal (by volume) of Dolomite Lime
tsp/ gal (by volume) of Elemental sulfur

And thats it.

But go ahead and use what you want, it wont hurt, just make sure you know how to water and work with the final product

Last edited:
sicksock

sicksock

Thank you for replies.
I want to be around my girls. I can take care of them frequently. But sometimes i went out and may come home tomorrow or i dont even remember i came home. So mixing it with organic soil ill have more time beetwen waterings. Also i dont like using inorganic fert. Normally i am using Flora trio . with soil/perlite or coco/perlite. But i dont want to use as that much as this time. So i am thinking to add soil some all organic fert mix, worm humus, and agrobacteriaz.

%25 soil
%25 coco
%45 perlite
%5 organic fert mix

And gonna use flora series if i see any deficiency signs.
I want to try :D we will see.
These are bagseeds. So i dont expect too much from them. Just experimenting till my auto seeds arrive.

Seedlings 7-15 days old. Other 3 30+days but 2 of them stunt because of bad transplanting. Under 200W white + 200W full spectrum cob leds
IMG 20200429 131120tt

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
You can add any organic matter to coco as far as soil, worm castings, guanos, manures... Etc. But once you add these types of organic material to coco the one thing you cant do is treat it like pure coco anymore.

What i mean by that is that you don't want to water it constantly like coco, and you cant keep it moist like you can with pure coco. Also it wont dry out as fast as pure coco with perlite and you HAVE to wait for it to dry out between waterings.

Ive been running in coco for 7+ years now and have tried everything damn near with coco, it good to mix stuff with coco if you are looking for certain outcomes, like not having to water as often, or not having to add fertilizer to every watering.

But if you want the same benefits and quick fast growth pure coco can give you if used properly, then i wouldnt mix anything but the perlite with it.

Me personally i use:

60% coco
40% perlite
tsp/ gal (by volume) of Dolomite Lime
tsp/ gal (by volume) of Elemental sulfur

And thats it.

But go ahead and use what you want, it wont hurt, just make sure you know how to water and work with the final product
I have a question. The ingredients in this bag of bush doctor coco loco are all organic? So if you use this product is it safe to say, don’t use liquid nutes? How long do those Organics stay in the medium? Thanks.

0E0D7883 B435 49D7 8755 821435D5EF2C
Top Bottom