Coco ph problems with ph perfect

• Thread starter Jambuster6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jambuster6

Jambuster6

Hi everyone,
So I'm using advanced nutrients ph perfect coco line but its actually taking my pH down to 5.1 ??
I'm adding 250 ml A+B
200ml big bud
200ml rhino skin
100ml cal mag Into 100litres water
It says no need for ph pens anymore but checked it anyway with a new pH pen and calibrated it it reads the buffer solution as 7 so I'm pretty sure it's not the pen
Read a few articles on here saying best ph for coco is around 6.2 ?
If its ph perfect nutrients how is it its taking my pH all the way down to 5.1 ?? I'm using all same brand nutes too just can't figure it out
* actually it's just entered my mind that the ph was 5.8 at the beginning with the advanced nutes and its possible the ph has dropped since adding the rhino skin silicone???

Last edited:
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Where are you getting the ratios of nutrients you're using? Are you creating the ratios yourself? This is what 100 liters mixed with nutes should be:
Screenshot 20211124 092135 Chrome

Also, with sensi coco's line you should not be adding any cal mag, especially if it's not AN cal mag. The sensi coco line accounts for the need for extra cal mag. I trust the ph perfect line, I stopped testing the ph because it was always on point. As long as you stick to the proper feed ratios and your feeding is onpoint, you should be good. Do the plants look healthy? One last thing, I don't use rhino skin but I believe you need to add it before anything else in your mix, I could be wrong on that.

Jambuster6

Jambuster6

Where are you getting the ratios of nutrients you're using? Are you creating the ratios yourself? This is what 100 liters mixed with nutes should be:
View attachment 1191345

Also, with sensi coco's line you should not be adding any cal mag, especially if it's not AN cal mag. The sensi coco line accounts for the need for extra cal mag. I trust the ph perfect line, I stopped testing the ph because it was always on point. As long as you stick to the proper feed ratios and your feeding is onpoint, you should be good. Do the plants look healthy? One last thing, I don't use rhino skin but I believe you need to add it before anything else in your mix, I could be wrong on that.
Hi mate, thanks for the reply thing is I used to use Dutch Pro nutes and I've never really gone above 3ml per litre to be honest for fear of nutrient burn but I agree I could possibly be creating this by not adding at full strength? I started adding cal mag because at week 2 of flower started getting signs of cal mag deficiency but thinking about it then if its not full strength then I probably would get deficiency. When you use 4ml per litre what does it take your ppm up to and do you still use 4ml when adding things like big bud or overdrive? Thanks man

2Bad

2Bad

Hi everyone,
So I'm using advanced nutrients ph perfect coco line but its actually taking my pH down to 5.1 ??
I'm adding 250 ml A+B
200ml big bud
200ml rhino skin
100ml cal mag Into 100litres water
It says no need for ph pens anymore but checked it anyway with a new pH pen and calibrated it it reads the buffer solution as 7 so I'm pretty sure it's not the pen
Read a few articles on here saying best ph for coco is around 6.2 ?
If its ph perfect nutrients how is it its taking my pH all the way down to 5.1 ?? I'm using all same brand nutes too just can't figure it out
* actually it's just entered my mind that the ph was 5.8 at the beginning with the advanced nutes and its possible the ph has dropped since adding the rhino skin silicone???
Depends what kind/how cheap your ph pen is lol..and silica should raise your ph...order matters when mixing..always go silica first..

Jambuster6

Jambuster6

Depends what kind/how cheap your ph pen is lol..and silica should raise your ph...order matters when mixing..always go silica first..
Thanks man , I'll try adding the silica 1st in future maybe let it mix for a short while before adding the others

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hi mate, thanks for the reply thing is I used to use Dutch Pro nutes and I've never really gone above 3ml per litre to be honest for fear of nutrient burn but I agree I could possibly be creating this by not adding at full strength? I started adding cal mag because at week 2 of flower started getting signs of cal mag deficiency but thinking about it then if its not full strength then I probably would get deficiency. When you use 4ml per litre what does it take your ppm up to and do you still use 4ml when adding things like big bud or overdrive? Thanks man
This is my second run with AN but basically I follow just behind their feed chart. Week 1 I'm still usually half of what they suggest then by week 2 I'm about at full strength. This run I'm still at 3/4 strength on week 2, but I just bump up strength as the plants get bigger. At 1/2 strength in flower I think that's just too weak. 3/4 strength at least. If you were supplementing with cal mag and their line it could be causing some issues. Sensi Coco will show the plants are hungry for cal mag in the first couple weeks but that just means you need to bump up the feed.

I dont measure ppm. EC is more important for coco, even then, AN told me not to trust their EC readings as their formulation can throw off a lot of meters. I found this to be true because last run I was getting some stupid numbers but plants were fine.

Jambuster6

Jambuster6

This is my second run with AN but basically I follow just behind their feed chart. Week 1 I'm still usually half of what they suggest then by week 2 I'm about at full strength. This run I'm still at 3/4 strength on week 2, but I just bump up strength as the plants get bigger. At 1/2 strength in flower I think that's just too weak. 3/4 strength at least. If you were supplementing with cal mag and their line it could be causing some issues. Sensi Coco will show the plants are hungry for cal mag in the first couple weeks but that just means you need to bump up the feed.

I dont measure ppm. EC is more important for coco, even then, AN told me not to trust their EC readings as their formulation can throw off a lot of meters. I found this to be true because last run I was getting some stupid numbers but plants were fine.
Yeah what you say makes sense , thanks for taking the time to give me advise much appreciated 🙂 my overdrive goes in this week so I'll up the nutes this week and next run gonna follow the advice 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom