Coco ph runoff question "help"

• Thread starter Growgod420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growgod420

Growgod420

Using coco 70/30 mix. Dyna nutes .Been noticing my runoff ph is higher then what goes in? Can I under ph my feed to try to fix that ph runoff?

Coco ph runoff question help
Madmax

Madmax

I got caught up with this.lowering it wont change it and can lead to creating problems for yourself .i dont pay too much attention to whats coming out only whats going in. .but i do monitor it...it will fluctuate through the grow depending on what the plant needs..if the plant look great then theres no problem..

Is that 1/2 a gal your giving them? .id probably run a little more through and that can bring your ppm out down abit..150 over is acceptable but i do think it needs to b closer feeding younger plants...running more through will also bring ph down closer to what you putting in.
Im running through over 30% feeding 600ppm and ppm out is 50-100 over...ph ing 5.9 out ranges from 6 to 6.5 and they look great..im new at it so dont take my word for it haha but its what ive learnt from the guys here.

Enforcer

Enforcer

With coco/perlite I would not recommend tracking runoff pH. It will have you chasing ghosts. The only metric you need to worry about is runoff EC. A rising runoff EC indicates salt buildup and a flush is required. Also, increasing the amount of solution at each feeding event will mitigate further buildup.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Yes. I bump it up slowly and back it off when I get a little tip burn. Then once I’ve ran the strain a few times and dialed it in I don’t have any burn.
How can you tell the difference between a little tip burn from too strong of an EC and the very beginnings of a K deficiency? Would a lack of rising run off EC make you lean toward the lack of K interpretation?

Enforcer

Enforcer

How can you tell the difference between a little tip burn from too strong of an EC and the very beginnings of a K deficiency? Would a lack of rising run off EC make you lean toward the lack of K interpretation?
Yes. If the runoff EC was equal to or less than what I put in, I would lean towards a deficiency. If the runoff was higher I would flush with a weaker nutrient solution.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I'm in coco/perlite. FWIW, I mostly track EC, but I do notice pH. There is so much goin on in the root zone, I don't even give pH a thought until it is ±1.0 from input. Over / under feeding can affect pH, but other things do too. What the plant is eating at a given point surely does. Just one example is when the plant consumes N in the form of NH4 (ammonium) it decreases pH, and when it consumes N from NO3 (nitrates) the pH increases. pH can really be a moving target as others have stated. Don't over think it.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Yes. If the runoff EC was equal to or less than what I put in, I would lean towards a deficiency. If the runoff was higher I would flush with a weaker nutrient solution.
Thanks! I'm still pretty new to it, but getting better ever round.

Pippins

Pippins

I was having this problem too, only much worse. My runoff PH was up to 7.4 at one point-I had been feeding at 6.3 twice per day. Was getting all sorts of lockout issues. Lowered my nutrient ph to 5.5-5.8 and now the runoff is at least in the high 6s, which is fine. All issues cleared up. I think it's wrong to totally ignore runoff because it can tell you if something is WAY off.

Rkf

Rkf

With coco/perlite I would not recommend tracking runoff pH. It will have you chasing ghosts. The only metric you need to worry about is runoff EC. A rising runoff EC indicates salt buildup and a flush is required. Also, increasing the amount of solution at each feeding event will mitigate further buildup.
Have you tried UC roots? Great descaler.

Rkf

Rkf

Thanks! I'm still pretty new to it, but getting better ever round.
Try UC Roote. I am assuming it is just a salt built up. If you are seeing some funk qith PH I would give them a good earth worm tea with bat guano for the fungi and should stabilize everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom