Coco Seedling And Problems

• Thread starter maimunji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maimunji

Hi, im coco noob. I try to start seedling in canna coco professional, out of the bag no rince no pre charge. Ph is 5.8, 6.0. I use tap water 0.3 e.c. and feed twice with e.c 0.5. At the begining I overwater seendling but now I wait coco to dry before watering. Seedling have different issues please help.
First I want to know what is wrong whit this two seedling.

Coco seedling and problems
Coco seedling and problems 2
M

maimunji

Ok this is my next seedlings with problems. I think overwater is my big issues but I want to know for sure.

20160302 130719
M

maimunji

Hi im coco noob and this is my first run. I start seedling in canna coco profesional out of bag no rince no pre charge. Ph 6.8 , 6.0. I use tap water 0.3 e.c 150 ppm. And add nute around 0.2 e.c over my tap so 0.5 e.c. total I overwater at the begining but now wait until coco is dry before watering again. Help me please.

20160302 130702
20160302 131144
20160302 130719
20160302 130702
M

maimunji

And this burn leaves in biggest seedlings is from deficiency and not from nute burn? I just want to be sure

M

maimunji

This is my biggest seedling I feed before 4 days and cups have moisture now I dont want to overwater again. Is this symptoms is def.

20160302 130655
M

maimunji

Seeds is different strains, different breeders.
Nute is hesi tnt complex. I use 1.5 ml per litre. Recomended dosage for big veg. Plants is 5 ml per ltr.

M

maimunji

Im soil grower. I do something wrong I never use coco before I don't know what to do.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

The biggest seedling looks good..
The others might be hungry..
I do coco too. From soil to coco just like you..
Do not let your coco dry completely..
IMHO coco must be wet..
Peace

M

maimunji

Thanks for reply cocojoe but I dont think I can resolve my issues alone. Help is needed. I think seedlings will be dead soon.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I used to be a chronic-underfeeder of starts in coco. Bump your nutes up to 1.0-1.3 ec and water till runoff daily. They should bounce back.

M

maimunji

Ok but how to avoid overwater with everyday watering. Roots isn't establish yet

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

From what I understand, coco saturated to field capacity still is about 30% oxygen.
I know it defies soil logic but coco is basically a hydroponic medium.
By watering it until you get a bit of runoff every day you are replenishing the oxygen in it and flushing out the unused salts.
Helps a lot to run an air pump and air stones in your resevoir.
Read the "beds are for f***ing" sticky here in the coco forum.
Also @cocoJoe knows his shit, look up his and posts from we solidarity.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Coco has zero nutrients in it. You could also start them in LightWarrior soil, I imagine.
Coco plants need to be fed. Good luck~!

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

From what I understand, coco saturated to field capacity still is about 30% oxygen.
Yes sir..
I know it defies soil logic but coco is basically a hydroponic medium.
By watering it until you get a bit of runoff every day you are replenishing the oxygen in it and flushing out the unused salts.
Helps a lot to run an air pump and air stones in your reseYes sir..voir.
Read the "beds are for f***ing" sticky here in the coco forum.
Also @cocoJoe knows his shit, look up his and posts from we solidarity.
Savage Henry you are to kind..
Peace brother

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Seedlings at first prob don't need to be watered for about 3-5 days after the first watering. Especially if you didn't cut the coco w/ perlite or something similar to help the drainage. If that is the case it might be a little longer. There isn't really a root mass sucking up the water yet. Like above 1.0 EC usually at least or a little more.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In my opinion and experience, it is impossible to overwater seedlings, and it is impossible to overwater coir. You have nutrient deficiencies going on, coir is not like soil, it must be fed. Also, if you let coir dry out, you end up actually concentrating the fertilizer salts, which causes further problems. Start feeding at a low EC like you were, and observe. If they don't green back up then you may need to increase the feed, whatever it is.

Also, with coir specifically, it is very easy to end up with Ca- and so for that reason you should start including some form of Ca in the feed as soon as they begin growing vigorously.

Top Bottom