Coco Seedling And Problems

• Thread starter maimunji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

@maimunji
I run coir and here is what I do....I start off my seedlings with 1.0 ec and every 3 days work my way up until I reach 1.5 ec....I run R/O so I also use CalMag right off the bat....
when I first water...I give just a tiny bit around the base of the plant and let it dry a little like literally maybe 2-3 oz....but once I start seeing them grow which tells me that the roots are expanding....I then saturate the coir and I let it go to 50% dry before I saturate...I also allow for 15-30% runoff every watering once I start saturating

here is a pepper seedling in coir
here it is with a few others 2 weeks later

Judging by the size of your plants I would be running 1.5 ec already.....

hermit186

hermit186

Try more food less water and coco is not for standing water. That pan should not be flooded for more than an hour and looks a little like your humidity might be high or the air around the plant is not moving. One big thing will kill in a day, a bunch of little things will take a little longer. CoCo should NEVER dry out it is meant to have water daily and allowed to drain or your swamping them and in that state coco straight turns to a mushy wet glob. I would transplant bigger than cup and water as chemchris stated. As a beginner I used straight coco but learn as you are now put 1/3 perlite in with coco and your drainage will be better getting more air to the roots. Using coco I only transplant once from beer cup which I still use into a 12in pot for the taller ladys and 10 inch for the short strains.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

. As a beginner I used straight coco but learn as you are now put 1/3 perlite in with coco and your drainage will be better getting more air to the roots. Using coco I only transplant once from beer cup which I still use into a 12in pot for the taller ladys and 10 inch for the short strains.
I have gone the other direction.. Started at 50/50,, went to 75/25 and finally pure coco.. Coco does vary and I create a layered mix.. In 24 hours they are almost dry..
You may be wondering why?? Because the mixes made with pearlite dry out way to fast..
Don't use what I call coco mud!! This shit just water logs and the plants almost stunt.. Slow growth from lack of oxygen..
Using coco takes a while to find the sweet spot.. At least it did for me..
Peace

M

maimunji

Ok I finally start to keep under control this seedling but they don't look good. I transplant 3 of them in their final pot. One plant droop a litle. Pics is 3 days after transplant.

20160308 181020
M

maimunji

Other plants in cups dont look good and i start to feed them with half dose 6/9. They look better. But I noticed some seedlings show dropping again.
Dropping start today I watering before 2 days and I see simtomps today.

20160308 180913
20160308 180907
M

maimunji

Seedling looks much green now but I noticed drooping leaves. I transplant one plant and give 1.2 e.c. full dose 6/9. This is transplanted plant

20160308 181020
M

maimunji

And this is seedling in cups I give em half dose 6/9 aroud 0.8 e.c. including my tap. I noticed drooping leaves again.

20160308 180913
20160308 180905
20160308 180907
hermit186

hermit186

I am just fair at this Joe is better and Seamaiden is best Joe I believe I started with mud and one of your old posts and seamaiden were the threads I read to fix my problem I am down to 80/20. I use (hope I am not wrong) something you said I put layer of chunkey on bottom then fill with good coco mix and a small layer of chunky on top. Keeps moisture evaporation down and it looks good. If miamunji dose not have a small fan blowing over his plants that will help a lot. Not a hurricane but the leaves should move a bit.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I hope that you're ec meter is a .7 conversion because I'd fry most of my seedling at 1.0 ec @ a .5 conversion.

mancdank

mancdank

I would look at the roots if u have been feeding it with adequate feed and there still poorly ime its a root issue maybe at some point been a little over watered or maybe sat in the run off and it's gone stagnant just a few more possibility for u to look at hope this helps

Z

Zakes420

I would look at the roots if u have been feeding it with adequate feed and there still poorly ime its a root issue maybe at some point been a little over watered or maybe sat in the run off and it's gone stagnant just a few more possibility for u to look at hope this helps
Can you help me out with my grow?

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

@cocoJoe can you help me out with my grow?
I love helping my fellow growers.. With my decade plus with coco I am still learning..
I've subbed and if there is something I can help you with I will help you..
I can't always be around because I am ugly sick and a 24/7 care giver to my wife..
Best o' luck

Z

Zakes420

I love helping my fellow growers.. With my decade plus with coco I am still learning..
I've subbed and if there is something I can help you with I will help you..
I can't always be around because I am ugly sick and a 24/7 care giver to my wife..
Best o' luck
@cocoJoe I just need tips. You can reply when you're free its alright! I really want to grow some good buds that's it I've posted my problem on my page of you could take a look at it

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Ok, I know that the peppers can take that ec already but seems high for a marijuana seedling. I've been growing in coir for quite some time and from my experience less more often is the key. I can show you plants that never saw over 1.1 ec throughout their lives. Not saying you can't grow just not sure of you're experience with coir.

M

maimunji

I just can't fight coco more. I may kill everything and start again. I will try to transplant tomorrow then I think to hit all seeds with 6/9 everyday dtw. If one seed survive I will grow. If not fuck coco and start again in soil

Latest posts

Top Bottom