Coco/Soil and Insects

• Thread starter Solidopc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solidopc

Solidopc

Right, have some coco and soil that i had to stash in a garage while a few things were ironed out. I'm not sure if i should use ot now though. It's been there about 3 weeks. Can spidermites and other insects live/lay eggs in unused soil and coco, only for them to rear their ugly heads when you plant something into them?

Can't be dealing with anymore problems, and definatly not spidermites like i had last year.

Any info would be a huge help. Cheers, Solid.

R

Rural_GrowOp

It sits for just as long or longer before it gets to you. I say use it man. If you get mites use azatrol. That shits bad ass.

O

organicdave

Wouldnt microwaving it kill all the beneficial organisms as well? Microwaves are great for sterilizing but I would think sterilization is not a good thing for living organisms such as soil. Not sure though. But if it was rockwool....

I would order some beneficial nematodes and water them into your soil. These lil fuckers will eat everything bad. I get mine from naturescontrol dot com for under twenty bucks and water them into my soil about once a month. They call them double death nematodes on their website. This seems to keep the soil bugs under control for me.

just my two cents

Solidopc

Solidopc

Cheers fellas, really appreciate the input. Rekon i'm gonna just use it. With these nematodes you speak of. I'm in the uk, so cant order from where you do. I can find insects you put into your growroom to eat mites and their eggs, and other different types of bugs to kill others. But no mention of nematodes. Anyone know of these in the uk, and where to get them? Wouldn't hurt to give them a bit of that just incase. Particulary for the outdoor plants.

D

dr.jellybean

Benafital insects are avalable in the uk ,try "gardening-naturally.com" , they seem prety friendly tho i couldnt order from them due to costoms at my end also "supernemo" they are relatively new . hope this helps

Top Bottom