Coco - To Amend Or Not

• Thread starter breadsticks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

breadsticks

Hey guys, this next run will be 100% coco multifed in small pots. Looking to use a simple nute mix like silica + maxi or foliage pro. Honestly, the maxigro looks perfect for a veg through flower nute, until I can snag some veg + bloom.

Question is.. would I be better off tossing something like earth juice rainbow mix into the coco and trying to keep a microbial field with molassas, fish emulsion, and og bio?

Also, what about kelp and humic? Are these needed, or would I be better off running it without the organic nonsense?

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

i ammend with earthworm castings. never looked back. thick ass stalks. still use tea made with caps, kelp, and fish emulsion (alaska fish fert, just a drop tho) and humics and fulvics.
my flower room just finished, and the stocks in my other flower room are just as thick, and they are just starting out.

i feel like if you try to ensure that you have a good rhizosphere going on it can only be beneficial towards you and the plant. that's the heart of the plant afterall.

also i use maxibloom for the base. really like it so far. i have no experience with axi gro so i cant chime in on that. i went from GH 2 part to flora nova to maxibloom, and never looked back.i still use foliage pro for Veg, as that's some awesome shit. and if u want u can also use maxibloom at 3.5g/gal to use for veg.

i havent used veg+bloom. but i see and hear and read so many good things about it. and they're local to me!!! use what fits your budget. im always trying to save money while getting the best bang for my buck.

as for silica i use agsil16h and i came from protekt. i like the idea of not paying for water anymore.

Last edited:
firemanelaflare

firemanelaflare

Hey guys, this next run will be 100% coco multifed in small pots. Looking to use a simple nute mix like silica + maxi or foliage pro. Honestly, the maxigro looks perfect for a veg through flower nute, until I can snag some veg + bloom.

Question is.. would I be better off tossing something like earth juice rainbow mix into the coco and trying to keep a microbial field with molassas, fish emulsion, and og bio?

Also, what about kelp and humic? Are these needed, or would I be better off running it without the organic nonsense?
In my opinion og biowar is very necessary because it protects you from insects too and if you have a high population of beneficials pathogens can't inhabit your medium

Latest posts

Top Bottom