Coco & Water!

• Thread starter THCMonster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THCMonster

THCMonster

For all the people that say dont use pure water on your plants grown in coco, THEY NEED CAL-MAG or for those that PRE-BUFFER their coco please tell me why my aquaponic clones grow so good with no calcium or magnesium added?

I understand the things people have been fed information wise, but if you think all that is right, then how has my clone been growing in coco this whole time without cal-mag?

158283681337031476343718090074.jpg

158283681337031476343718090074.jpg
15828369197227484990062055581007.jpg
1582836969392583734900799214002.jpg

I must be breaking the rules of chemistry or something! Lol

So if i dont pre-buffer my coco or add cal-mag then please someone give me a legitimate reason why my plants are doing great? (Maybe a little more neon green then i would like, but no cal-mag deficiency)

I must be a wizard! Lol

Seraphine

Seraphine

how old are your clones? plants require macro and micronutrients to grow. If they are fine now, they won't be soon. You only mention not giving them cal-mag, are your giving them any other nutrients?

As with most deficiencies, they can takes a while to show. without calcium, your plant limbs will be weak and unable to support buds, magnesium assists in photosynthesis. In the end, all the macro and micro nutrients are absolutely necessary for a plant to produce food.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Clones are 4 weeks old, they're small because i keep taking the cuttings off to the left in the fish tank you see,

No micronutrients or macronutrients added, just good old fashion fish tank water.

Im just being a smartass for the people who say you HAVE to pre-buffer coco!

These clones will continue to grow just fine, ive done this experiment before.

But im just doing this to bust the myth that you cant use regular water in Coco.

I just wanted to see if anyone could give me a legitimate reason why this is working when "the community" tells you not to.

I guess im just a rebel!

@Seraphine you are right though these wouldnt go too far into bloom before needing more! But i have grown aquaponic cannabis before, great quality but shit for weight!

*also these clones are grown in pure coco with no amedments (otherwise it would kill my fishes!)

Seraphine

Seraphine

Gotcha. That fish water is pretty awesome stuff. I just rinse my coco until it runs clear and I’ve never had any issues. I’ve grown without calmag before annd my plants ended up looking like spiders with the branches bent down to the floor because the stems were too weak to support the buds. That was my first lesson growing in coco 😂

THCMonster

THCMonster

Yea... You definitely need cal mag in coco... Or any growing media for that matter, i just wanted to show that you dont have to pre-buffer your coco, and that giving your plant plain tap water to flush isnt going to hurt your plant! Lol

I learned a lot about nutrients when i did aquaponic growing. Never understood for the longest time how 100ppm water could feed my plants. But it does! Lol

And I wanted to show people that a lot of what they know to be true is exaggerated for companies to profit more off the gullible consumer!

Ive been growing in coco for 7+ years and have never pre-buffered my coco or had a problem with giving my plants straight water from time to time!

And this experiment was proof to show that fact!

Latest posts

Top Bottom