Cocoperlite in 5 gal bucket

• Thread starter FarmerJake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FarmerJake

FarmerJake

THIS IS MY VERY FIRST GROW EVER

How often should I water my autoflower seedling in a 5 gal bucket with 60% coco 40%perlite. Should I water twice a day and much should I water or should I water 6 times a day and how much.
this is my main question I will post pics of my setup and I would appreciate any additional advice as well

I have 1000w full spectrum led grow light hanging at 2 ft above plant and I use the the general hydroponics performance pack for nutes when I water, I water 2 in around the plant about 100ml of fertigated water
Every 3 feedings I used pure ro water to use up all nutes in coco

It does seem like it is evaporating to fast

This is day 11 since seed was dry
day 8 since round leave opend
Is it doing well.

Cocoperlite in 5 gal bucket
Cocoperlite in 5 gal bucket 2
Cocoperlite in 5 gal bucket 3
Cocoperlite in 5 gal bucket 4
Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

If I was running this setup..

I would have a drip Line 24/7 Or water Fully to runoff every 2-3hours with regular ph water no fertigation for now

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

When you say water fully every 2-3 hrs do you mean just around the plant or whole bucket

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

If I was running this setup..

I would have a drip Line 24/7 Or water Fully to runoff every 2-3hours with regular ph water no fertigation for now

It takes a full liter of water to barley start to run off and you think I should do that every 3 hrs??
Plz get back to me I would love your feedback

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

It takes a full liter of water to barley start to run off and you think I should do that every 3 hrs??
Plz get back to me I would love your feedback
Well from my understanding coco is a hydroponic medium supposed to be always saturated, so you will need to keep it always partially wet never to dry out

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

I definitely dont want to get root rot
If you have adequate drain holes in the bucket, and it doesn’t sit in its runoff tray should be ok to water frequently.. it’s not like soil, if you do full waterings and it drains good, even for root growth

disclaimer I never grown coco before but seen some posts

Bigdog420

Bigdog420

I use perlite/coco watering in a 3 inch diameter around the stem 1liter 2 times a day in seedling stage then go to 5 liters every 2 days 5gal pots I get 25 percent runoff.

Good luck happy growing

Top Bottom