Coir Storage?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
How do you store your unused coco coir if any? I currently have mine in a plastic storage bin, i keep it closed in a dark spot but it gets moisture inside, bad?

B

Burned Haze

Use XL food grade trash bags, than brute trash cans ( 50 gals) and you can ethier have em outside or in your lung room/storage rooms. I have prolly 5k+ worth of coco and I haven’t rebought any in years . It’s the way to go and you won’t have any disease / bugs if you are on your IPM game with fungus gnats that way ( use liquid BTI , microbe lift BMC, get the gallon versions it: it makes it a gallon per a oz and it’s a .5ml per gallon , I use every Rez it’s so cheap and I never see any fungus gnats)

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So, when it comes to bugs, heres another question. winter time, its always about 20 degrees outside, im in a third floor apartment, im pretty sealed off from the outside world, i grow in a bedroom in the middle of the apartment that has no windows to the outside, well, one small one. do i run a lower risk of bugs since im so put away? or does that not even matter they will find a way?????

Im just wonder the chances gnats actually getting in my coco in the first place since im pretty put away??

newh

newh

So, when it comes to bugs, heres another question. winter time, its always about 20 degrees outside, im in a third floor apartment, im pretty sealed off from the outside world, i grow in a bedroom in the middle of the apartment that has no windows to the outside, well, one small one. do i run a lower risk of bugs since im so put away? or does that not even matter they will find a way?????

Im just wonder the chances gnats actually getting in my coco in the first place since im pretty put away??
the gnats will find theyre way in .Use the bti.I buy the dry bricks and after they get expanded its in a tote.When its still first wet I just leave the lid cracked and tumble it when I remember

Seraphine

Seraphine

I hydrate my coco in a large plastic storage bin, I keep the lid off so it dries all the way while I’m not using it.

Top Bottom