Colder than they might like

• Thread starter Gmix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

I noticed my plants are growing a tad slower than they should.

it’s a tad cold 77f & 67f at night.

I’ve been trying to sort it out with a air heater but it’s not working out well.

any recommendations on the type of heater I need

Colder than they might like
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I noticed my plants are growing a tad slower than they should.

it’s a tad cold 77f & 67f at night.

I’ve been trying to sort it out with a air heater but it’s not working out well.

any recommendations on the type of heater I need
If you are in a tent at 78f that's not bad but if you want just a few more degrees a heater is over kill. a small 50w - 100w reptile lamp timed with lights on should give you that extra couple of degree's your looking for......

Gmix

Gmix

Thanks wasn’t sure I would get any replies

That makes sense.
Yes I am in a 7.5x3.5 foot tent just moved into it a bit back I wasn’t bothered to much in veg as the bottom was as warm as the top.

I have overcrowded it as I’m only lighting up 1/2 of it with a 465w.

As I normally only grow 4 plants that would of been fine however as I knew I was going to be out by the time they was ready i grew 6

I do have a tower oscillating fan.

I think I might need a small one to sit below the plants as it’s 73f on the floor & 77f at the top.

What do you folks use to keep the pots warmer or is that not advisable. I’ve never dealt with cold before it’s always been heat so I’m kinda novice about that side.

251321D4 DD37 4DCA 9ED4 7547709707DB
Gmix

Gmix

just a tad more info as to why I haven’t got a 600w in there instead. The tents backed against a window that gets the sun all day in the summer

Maybe in future I will get a 600w for winter however I’m just looking at what I can do till I suss out how hot it’s going to get come summer

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
just a tad more info as to why I haven’t got a 600w in there instead. The tents backed against a window that gets the sun all day in the summer

Maybe in future I will get a 600w for winter however I’m just looking at what I can do till I suss out how hot it’s going to get come summer
Hi, thats a bigger tent than I've used I'm not sure 50w would do it. I have a 150w heat lamp on a dimmer switch I can use in my veg closet but it gets too hot for me to be comfortable with it in my tents, I have it secured about 8" off the wall facing towards open air above the canopy and lights with a fan moving the air. I wouldn't trust it in a tent. I also have a 1250w fined oil heater in my 5x5. I stacked a sleeping bag and a quilted moving blanket on the top to help contain the heat better.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks wasn’t sure I would get any replies

That makes sense.
Yes I am in a 7.5x3.5 foot tent just moved into it a bit back I wasn’t bothered to much in veg as the bottom was as warm as the top.

I have overcrowded it as I’m only lighting up 1/2 of it with a 465w.

As I normally only grow 4 plants that would of been fine however as I knew I was going to be out by the time they was ready i grew 6

I do have a tower oscillating fan.

I think I might need a small one to sit below the plants as it’s 73f on the floor & 77f at the top.

What do you folks use to keep the pots warmer or is that not advisable. I’ve never dealt with cold before it’s always been heat so I’m kinda novice about that side.
You could put them on pot risers if they arent already, and then put seedling/cloning heat mats down and then put the plants back in, with the risers sitting on the heat mats and let the heat radiate up into the pots, i would only run them during lights off though as they will bring temps up about 10 degrees.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
All good ideas. Can I ask how many days in they are? They look very healthy......you say they're growing a little slower than you'd like, are you confident that they'd be bigger if.the temp was higher? What are you comparing it to? I tend to like things on the cooler side, I like low 70s day, 60s night and I never found any issues with cooler, only hotter, but I'm certainly open to getting faster growth by adding another 5 degrees to my range.......

Gmix

Gmix

Thanks there do look healthy enough it’s nice to get a compliment though.

There only 10 days in flower
There’s a white ice in there witch is a fast flowering one, I would expect that one to be a tad more advanced not that much more but enough to notice a slight difference.

I’m comparing it to my previous grows.

They seem to grow ever so slight faster at 80f not a massive jump.

Maybe I am worrying about nothing due to not being my normal self after smoking some iffy weed

Last edited:
Trixie

Trixie

You have a very healthy-looking garden. Cooler temperatures stimulate flowering with the onset of winter. As temps become cooler the plants will flower faster trying to stay ahead of a frost or freeze. The more one can mimic Mother Nature and the change of the season temperatures the more the plant will follow normal tendencies.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks both posts help 👍
Glad i could be of assistance. I had some cold issues early on this winter when i didnt want to turn my heat on and i used the heat mats i won from SF to keep my tents warm at night so ive been where you are 👍🏻

Top Bottom