Collecting Genetics Is More Fun Than Stamps!

• Thread starter RADracemes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RADracemes

RADracemes

After I finish the daily inspection of my grow environment and refill my DWCs, I find myself still trying to suffice my interest and passion for cannabis. This unfulfilled need to work on something cannabis related was finally appeased by the expansive world of genetics. While the genetics side of marijuana has always captivated me, listening to the Potcast really opened my eyes to the culture and history surrounding our favorite past time. I have started allocating 40 dollars a paycheck to growing my cultivar collection (strains occur naturally in nature, nothing we grow is truly a strain) and document every addition in a detailed excel spreadsheet.

While scouring the internet for seeds and like minded souls, I stumbled upon a small seed vendor in the Rockies. He is an older veteran with a collection of nearly 500 different cultivars. Only certain seeds in his collection are available for purchase, but if you are experimenting with genetics and reach out you may get access to the entire list. Here is the link to his site if you want to check it:
https://sites.google.com/site/greengenesseeds/our-genetics/breeding-program/genebank

I ordered some Blueberry, White Widow, and RAD (Trinity * Vanilla Kush); he threw in 10 free Where's My Fucking Beer Seeds (Jager * Alaska Thunder Fuck) for free. After my interaction with him and scoping his site, I'm pretty optimistic I got what I paid for.

Anyone interested in discussing/trading different genetics please comment or message me!

Happy growing and stay RAD,

RADracames

Collecting genetics is more fun than stamps
Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

welcome to the farm,ya got to be careful with seeds,strain hunting is very costly and addicting as hell,then you get tired of it and start breeding your own seeds,even worse hahahah every damn male you come across you want to breed,lmao welcome friend

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
welcome to the farm,ya got to be careful with seeds,strain hunting is very costly and addicting as hell,then you get tired of it and start breeding your own seeds,even worse hahahah every damn male you come across you want to breed,lmao welcome friend

Truth. Years ago I had over 60 purchased strains and a half dozen crosses I made myself. It’s addicting. Lost that collection and had to start over again. I find myself replacing many of the genetics I never got a chance to grow out and buying many of the same strains I loved and grew for years. You could say I’m stuck in the early 2000s.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Truth. Years ago I had over 60 purchased strains and a half dozen crosses I made myself. It’s addicting. Lost that collection and had to start over again. I find myself replacing many of the genetics I never got a chance to grow out and buying many of the same strains I loved and grew for years. You could say I’m stuck in the early 2000s.
im with ya,got 4 strains i never grew lol,one day hahahahah

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
im with ya,got 4 strains i never grew lol,one day hahahahah

I’m right there with ya. I had a good 40 strains I never got a chance to grow out and kick myself to this day.

I was trying to keep plant numbers low as it wasn’t legal at the time and I didn’t need a lot for my own personal use.

So to start a new strain, grow it out, cull the males and select a pheno to run with was and still is an arduous process.

Not that I didn’t like doing it, it’s just with limited space it took an act of Congress to introduce something new after collecting a stable of a half dozen strains I already grew and selected. Plus to introduce something new often meant risking running out of a favorite if it didn’t turn out as expected.

Some of the strains I regret never growing are: Apollo 11 & 13, AK x A11, AK x A13, Bubblegum, Jack Herer, Chocolate Trip, Legends Ultimate Indica, Sweet Tooth #3 & #4, Green Napalm, Venomberry, VenomStar (my own cross of venonberry x sensi star. A buddy grew it out and loved it), OG Kush, Sour D BX1 and I’m sure a couple dozen more I can’t recall.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I’m right there with ya. I had a good 40 strains I never got a chance to grow out and kick myself to this day.

I was trying to keep plant numbers low as it wasn’t legal at the time and I didn’t need a lot for my own personal use.

So to start a new strain, grow it out, cull the males and select a pheno to run with was and still is an arduous process.

Not that I didn’t like doing it, it’s just with limited space it took an act of Congress to introduce something new after collecting a stable of a half dozen strains I already grew and selected. Plus to introduce something new often meant risking running out of a favorite if it didn’t turn out as expected.

Some of the strains I regret never growing are: Apollo 11 & 13, AK x A11, AK x A13, Bubblegum, Jack Herer, Chocolate Trip, Legends Ultimate Indica, Sweet Tooth #3 & #4, Green Napalm, Venomberry, VenomStar (my own cross of venonberry x sensi star. A buddy grew it out and loved it), OG Kush, Sour D BX1 and I’m sure a couple dozen more I can’t recall.
hahahahah right,lol same this side,gotta lay it down a while and smoke some this stash,i can still remember first plant,picking fan leaves and smoking waiting for it to harvest,crazy shit crazy days hahah

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
hahahahah right,lol same this side,gotta lay it down a while and smoke some this stash,i can still remember first plant,picking fan leaves and smoking waiting for it to harvest,crazy shit crazy days hahah

That’s awesome. I bought a food dehydrator so I could quick dry buds my first go round. It came in handy a couple times. If you vape it’s actually not too bad compared with combusting it in a joint or bong. I had a volcano back then and got a lot of good use from it.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Perfect. IMO early 2000’s was when weed peaked lol. Buddy found me an o g cut from them and it’s so much danker than nowadays bitchass o g. Haha. My first grow, I got my hands on same buddy’s bag seed stash he collected a decade previous. (This was around 08-09 I’d say)
Made many mistakes, one being planting every single bloody seed haha. Found some wicked mystery strains and cloned em a few times before shit went south and I lost em all. It’s funny cause I don’t even know what I’m missing. Called one mango, and another a slang for a Jewish person that I’m going to go ahead and not use (plant was structured like a menorah candle thing) so naturally another was named a racial slur for a German.. haha one strain that was not the fanciest or best didn’t mind being left outside till it was 14 degrees at night. I was like “oh I should go chop that freezing plant” lol it was still alive and looked fine.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Perfect. IMO early 2000’s was when weed peaked lol. Buddy found me an o g cut from them and it’s so much danker than nowadays bitchass o g. Haha. My first grow, I got my hands on same buddy’s bag seed stash he collected a decade previous. (This was around 08-09 I’d say)
Made many mistakes, one being planting every single bloody seed haha. Found some wicked mystery strains and cloned em a few times before shit went south and I lost em all. It’s funny cause I don’t even know what I’m missing. Called one mango, and another a slang for a Jewish person that I’m going to go ahead and not use (plant was structured like a menorah candle thing) so naturally another was named a racial slur for a German.. haha one strain that was not the fanciest or best didn’t mind being left outside till it was 14 degrees at night. I was like “oh I should go chop that freezing plant” lol it was still alive and looked fine.

Yeah I’m stuck in that era. The newer stuff is cool too but I just don’t know what’s decent and what’s hype. I mean in the early 2000s I prolly spent thousands of hours researching strains before buying them. My first order wasn’t all awesome but i did find some gems. In fact if I’m not mistaken my first heavens stairway order was ak47, sensi star, sweet purple, blackjack and one more I can’t recall off hand. I’d like to say matanuska thunderfuck or some cross of it but I can’t remember exactly. Out of the 5 AK and sensi Star were the gems and I grew those for years. Sweet purple and blackjack were big disappointments. I don’t think I ever got around to growing thunderfuck. Ahh well.

RADracemes

RADracemes

Me yesterday, "hey baby, you wanna go to Thailand?". I can see how it gets expensive hahaha. I need a reason to be happy about a male, just need the space, which is hard to come by in LA.

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

After I finish the daily inspection of my grow environment and refill my DWCs, I find myself still trying to suffice my interest and passion for cannabis. This unfulfilled need to work on something cannabis related was finally appeased by the expansive world of genetics. While the genetics side of marijuana has always captivated me, listening to the Potcast really opened my eyes to the culture and history surrounding our favorite past time. I have started allocating 40 dollars a paycheck to growing my cultivar collection (strains occur naturally in nature, nothing we grow is truly a strain) and document every addition in a detailed excel spreadsheet.

While scouring the internet for seeds and like minded souls, I stumbled upon a small seed vendor in the Rockies. He is an older veteran with a collection of nearly 500 different cultivars. Only certain seeds in his collection are available for purchase, but if you are experimenting with genetics and reach out you may get access to the entire list. Here is the link to his site if you want to check it:
https://sites.google.com/site/greengenesseeds/our-genetics/breeding-program/genebank

I ordered some Blueberry, White Widow, and RAD (Trinity * Vanilla Kush); he threw in 10 free Where's My Fucking Beer Seeds (Jager * Alaska Thunder Fuck) for free. After my interaction with him and scoping his site, I'm pretty optimistic I got what I paid for.

Anyone interested in discussing/trading different genetics please comment or message me!

RADracames
Glad I'm not the only one collecting...

the rrock

the rrock

RADracames
Yeah more dust in the wind,how did greengenes turn out,anyone else try this guy?

Top Bottom