Collecting Runoff Hack: Child’s Play

• Thread starter ChillBill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChillBill

ChillBill

New to the game. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out an efficient way of removing the runoff water from my trays without hooking up some kind of automatic system with a pump(didn’t want to go that route).

Someone on here mentioned a turkey baster.....and then it dawned on me! One of those water cannons for kids that you pull back to draw the water.

This just made life so much easier for me and I’ve made a fun game out of squirting the runoff a few feet out of the tent and into a bucket, so I wanted to share this if it was helpful for at least one person.

Zero shame in my noobie game.

Collecting runoff hack childs play
RookieBuds

RookieBuds

HOLY CRAP, thank you! I was thinking about getting a small shop-vac, but this is cheaper, doesn't require electricity either. Getting one!

707finisher

707finisher

I use a large 500ml syringe with a length of clear tubing, I also use the runoff to water houseplants and bonsai trees, I make sure the ppm is 500 or less first.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Sometimes the output tube comes out of the bucket while im pumping and it shoots out a couple feet lol makes a mess but it's hard not to laugh

dire wolf

dire wolf

New to the game. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out an efficient way of removing the runoff water from my trays without hooking up some kind of automatic system with a pump(didn’t want to go that route).

Someone on here mentioned a turkey baster.....and then it dawned on me! One of those water cannons for kids that you pull back to draw the water.

This just made life so much easier for me and I’ve made a fun game out of squirting the runoff a few feet out of the tent and into a bucket, so I wanted to share this if it was helpful for at least one person.

Zero shame in my noobie game.
It's for ages 3 and up , right ? That might work for me ......

Top Bottom