Collective Forum True Flavor Guide

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

indeed I believe the sensi star has a certain "starry" spice that could serve well to some fruity varieties. Definitely keep us posted on that one!

Sensi star with arjans super lemon haze. Or dna lemon skunk or whatever else has evolved super lemony these days. Star lemon. Star tangie. I think there's potential there. It's catching on here and there but still underutilized is the sensi star. And overshadowed among the chem diesels is the Soma diesel. The sacred one. placing very high in several competitions over the years with good reason.

dna Tangie male x soma nyc female = lime something...

Just some dude throwing out ideas.

Last edited:
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

not sure where some guy across town happened to get forbidden fruit.

I actually may be able to get a real cut of forbidden fruit, by a weird coincidence I know the original breeder, but idk if he is trying to share it. If you have grown out the other two and they delivered would you mind adding to the google sheet?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I was doing a lemon project earlier this year, with HSO's Lemon Citron having a much more intense lemon flavor and aroma than DNA's Lemon OG, Vision's Supreme Lemon, and Greenbud's lemon pie.

Kalashnikov's Lavanda Cream has the strongest lavender aroma of the bud that I've had. Great smoke, too.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

"Kalashnikov Seeds is a group of old school growers who are Soviet army veterans. We have been breeding cannabis seeds in Russia since 2002" "
"All of our strains are the result of cross-breeding AK-47 (Serious Seeds) clones with Russian, Dutch, Spanish, Eastern European and Afghani landrace strains."

This is hilarious and awesome. Soviet retirees turned breeders. And everything is based on ak47. Ok I'll shut up for a while.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I did get a stray seed out of that deathstar. grew it. It finished much faster than expected (september iirc) and then (also very rapidly) molded in the rain. I only got a tester off of it a day or 2 before that happened. But it was the same strange starry flavor. Not as good as the expertly grown cut my friend had... But it was there. A friend of mine took pause in amazement at the distinct cool starry flavor.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

"Kalashnikov Seeds is a group of old school growers who are Soviet army veterans. We have been breeding cannabis seeds in Russia since 2002" "
"All of our strains are the result of cross-breeding AK-47 (Serious Seeds) clones with Russian, Dutch, Spanish, Eastern European and Afghani landrace strains."

This is hilarious and awesome. Soviet retirees turned breeders. And everything is based on ak47. Ok I'll shut up for a while.

They even have a strain that Kalashnikov himself was a fan of until his death in 2013, called Kubanskiy Ubiyza. Definitely recommended.

"Blame the Nazi Germans for making me become a gun designer ... I always wanted to construct agriculture machinery." Love that quote,

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

When you say a cross like "this x that" the first thing is the male if you're saying it right yes? I meant sensi male. Think I said that one backwards...

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Microbes and minerals decide the smell, sugars and acids define the flavor. I've only met one grower who grew terroir-less bud and it was always mids. Therefore, why would you buy seeds from a company who won't even drop a hint as to how you should grow their bud to get the expression they've marketed to you? Rabbit? Cow? Pig? Composted raisins? Biggest factor here isn't even genetics.

You're not going to get a good flavor growing the way most people growing,let alone a strain loyal flavor.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Well dammit. I guess I should just stop trying then.
I can't grow OG strains if I dont live near the ocean. I cant grow kush if I dont live in the hindu kush mountains. I should just give up I guess.

Sorry I get what you're saying. Some backyard jagoff throwing this thing together with that isn't likely to amount to much. But with the aforementioned lack of info from seed companies aside from (this one likes humidity, this one likes dry) whats a person to do but try their best. Remember what one has tasted over the years and research cup winners and whatever is getting repeated hype these days. Whilst also endlessly researching how to properly nutrify these things.

Last edited:
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Sorry I sort of bombed this thread before it began... Anyway somebody (of course) already did my NYC female with sensi star male idea. Southern light (white star) from delta 9. That list of strains and original breeders is wonderful btw.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Microbes and minerals decide the smell, sugars and acids define the flavor. I've only met one grower who grew terroir-less bud and it was always mids. Therefore, why would you buy seeds from a company who won't even drop a hint as to how you should grow their bud to get the expression they've marketed to you? Rabbit? Cow? Pig? Composted raisins? Biggest factor here isn't even genetics.

You're not going to get a good flavor growing the way most people growing,let alone a strain loyal flavor.
Hahahaha..

Latest posts

Top Bottom