Colorado cannabis tourism guide

• Thread starter fishwhistle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Came across this interesting link;
http://www.cannavacation.com/#!guide/c1780
Am told there are other publications coming after the first of the year about locations of retail shops and also about advantages of relocation for individuals and businesses to cannabis friendly colorado and washington.The times they are a changin...

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Did you see Matt Brown on Drugs INC, Denver.
A stoner pub crawl. I think he may be on to something. Sure he charged them $$$

Also met a person that was paying bank to attend Oaksterdam.

Tourists bring the gold with them. I think they'll change a lot of people's minds, hopefully for the better. And if that doesn't work, them opening up their wallets and credit will.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Stoner pub crawl?Im in,lol.
How about converting one of those double decker buses,tinting all the windows limo black and installing a couple carbon filters to clean air before its exhausted from the bongsmoke filled interior,can go uptop for fresh air and a view of awesome rocky mtns.Boston has those amphibious duck tours,colorado can do beers and bongtokes tour?

sky high

sky high

Would be a great idea fish...but it is illegal according to both A 20 and A 64 to smoke in a vehicle here...medical or not..recreational or not...passenger or not. No use in boats, planes, chartered busses....nor any other motorized transportation as well. Gotta be in a private space, not on a public road/space to be "legal".

The state would be infinitely smart to do as they do in Amsterdam and print a two-sided information card that spells out what is and isn't allowed surrounding the laws/use, etc.......and attach it to each bud/bag sold.

I still have the card. One side talks about how to not be a clown while in town and how it isn't "legal"...merely tolerated there....possession limits....etc...the other side talks about how pot won't make yer troubles go away (huh? LOL), how you should eat before smoking....how it may affect you if you are a casual smoker...etc.

Bunches of folks are gonna come here and find/buy good pot...and then they will face hefty charges and fines for not adhering to the law that allowed them to buy it....but not to fire it up on the street/in the car/in a restaurant/other PUBLICALLY VISITED place where use isn't allowed.

Mags like the above are cool....but if they leave out the real story that it is legal within LIMITS folks are gonna be careless and have problems here time and time again. (like the ski slope, where it is a Federal AND State violation to smoke/ski high).

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

They have not figured it out very well have they?I see all those hotels advertising and i remember CMs post about how hotels in colorado will fine you 250$ for smoking in the room,lol,where will people be able to smoke than?I mean if you are a tourist and cant smoke in your hotel room(private space)then where?they are setting you up to a)break the law b)be fined.
The bus thing was just me joking around but it would not surprise me to see many things like this pop up,it will be interesting.If you bill yourself as a canna destination best be prepared for all kinds of folks different interpretations of the rules and you better be able to explain them in 15 different languages.

sky high

sky high

You can smoke in the hotel if the property owner allows it fish. If not...Amendment 64 says it's illegal.... and without a doubt you could easily find yourself streetside with your luggage with no recourse and nowhere else to stay. I'm sure SOME hotels will allow it in the rooms.....just as some allow cigarette smoking. Gonna be room-by-room and hotel-by-hotel..and AGAIN...folks need to CHECK and not believe "DOOOD..IT'S LEGAL THERE" across the board if they want to have a good experience.

If they do allow it in yer hotel room...that will likely be one if not the only place you can legally partake. Everywhere else is "in public" or in the view of the public...which nixes the legality of it all. Like I say...gonna e a lot of folks generating revenue for the State on both ends of this...unless folks treat it just as they do at "home" where it isn't "legal".

Thing is fish...this STATE isn't billing itself as a tourist destination. If we did..coffeeshops and pot bars would have been allowed in the parameter of these laws and smoking ONLY in private wouldn't be the game being played. It's gonna be a delicate balance...and far more tame/boring "scene" than most picture it will be. Look at the law for proof. Nothing in there says "Come, tourist, come. Smoke freely wherever you please". Far from it.

In fact, the talk in Ski Country is that Colorado could easily lose a lot of family ski business because folks KNOW how folks act and many vacationers (especially with families) just aren't into any of it.....as hard as it is for us stoners to believe. Again...there will be a few places that cater to the young/stoners/.....but most resorts don't make shit off the day skier/"my bud and sammich are in my pack" types...they make it off the families who make repeated stays year after year. You can bet most resorts won't jeopardize that long-standing and tried and true tested business model for the new and untested weed model they aren't making a dime off and will have to fuck with in terms of "conduct" on a daily basis.

Gonna be interesting. Glad I don't have any association to any of it.... cus it may be fleeting at best if folks go nutzoid. Handcuffs don't speak any one language...they fit all. It's the tourists burden to KNOW the law...not the cops. Folks need to be careful. That's all I'm saying.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

As long as we can keep the dancing elf strippers off the street, and the 20-ft neon pot leaves on billboards! Haha!
There is BOUND to be some real stupidity coming down the pipe (pun intended), and I'm sure LEO are already salivating over that revenue.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Would be a great idea fish...but it is illegal according to both A 20 and A 64 to smoke in a vehicle here...medical or not..recreational or not...passenger or not. ... Gotta be in a private space, not on a public road/space to be "legal".
Just as you can have a closed off space in a vehicle (think limo) to drink in, I'm sure it will get upheld you can do the same with cannabis. But like a lot of these things, they gotta arrest someone who wants to fight the charges, to put anything in the books. Till then it's still a grey area.
Besides, I was pretty sure I could smoke pot in most cabs in Denver before the clown show...I always asked first, tipped well (unless they said no, then just a round up to the dollar). Most just said 'roll down the window', others did it for me.

sky high

sky high

Dt common streams StreamServer

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

As long as we can keep the dancing elf strippers off the street, and the 20-ft neon pot leaves on billboards! Haha!
There is BOUND to be some real stupidity coming down the pipe (pun intended), and I'm sure LEO are already salivating over that revenue.
Heard 20' neon pot leaf, South Broad :)

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I got harassed by a hotel in AMS in '00 for chiefin in the hotel. They had a sign in the room saying although AMS is a city that tolerated soft drugs, their hotel did not. I have a pic of a growing peyote button next to the sign in my hotel room..and I still have the sign.
Would be a great idea fish...but it is illegal according to both A 20 and A 64 to smoke in a vehicle here...medical or not..recreational or not...passenger or not. No use in boats, planes, chartered busses....nor any other motorized transportation as well. Gotta be in a private space, not on a public road/space to be "legal".

The state would be infinitely smart to do as they do in Amsterdam and print a two-sided information card that spells out what is and isn't allowed surrounding the laws/use, etc.......and attach it to each bud/bag sold.

I still have the card. One side talks about how to not be a clown while in town and how it isn't "legal"...merely tolerated there....possession limits....etc...the other side talks about how pot won't make yer troubles go away (huh? LOL), how you should eat before smoking....how it may affect you if you are a casual smoker...etc.

Bunches of folks are gonna come here and find/buy good pot...and then they will face hefty charges and fines for not adhering to the law that allowed them to buy it....but not to fire it up on the street/in the car/in a restaurant/other PUBLICALLY VISITED place where use isn't allowed.

Mags like the above are cool....but if they leave out the real story that it is legal within LIMITS folks are gonna be careless and have problems here time and time again. (like the ski slope, where it is a Federal AND State violation to smoke/ski high).

sky high

sky high

Is there a DONT like button?

Folks have always gotten high on the hill. The difference now is folks are treating it like social media and feel a supreme need to be SEEN smoking weed...for some stupid reason... We have had bastions of cover in the trees for years...and there are renegade log "forts" all over the ski mountains...if you know where to go...that are nothing but shelters for people to go get high in. These have been there for decades...and the powers-that-be know it...and know what folks do there.

thing is..pot use has always been hidden from the families and other folks who DON'T get high and don't wanna SEE others doing so. Folks smoking in lift lines or as they walk down the street or at the restaurant isn't respectful...just as it isn't respectful in Amsterdam to do the same thing. (and they will tell you so anywhere you ask). All they are saying is GO IN THE TREES..... like always.... uuuuhhhummmm.... why is that so hard for some to figure out?

Gonna be interesting to read the Police log in the paper. (yes, it's a small town and you will make the paper for your crime..LOL) A souvenir to take home...for sure.

Be smrt, folks.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Folks have always gotten high on the hill. The difference now is folks are treating it like social media and feel a supreme need to be SEEN smoking weed...for some stupid reason... We have had bastions of cover in the trees for years...and there are renegade log "forts" all over the ski mountains...if you know where to go...that are nothing but shelters for people to go get high in. These have been there for decades...and the powers-that-be know it...and know what folks do there.

thing is..pot use has always been hidden from the families and other folks who DON'T get high and don't wanna SEE others doing so. Folks smoking in lift lines or as they walk down the street or at the restaurant isn't respectful...just as it isn't respectful in Amsterdam to do the same thing. (and they will tell you so anywhere you ask). All they are saying is GO IN THE TREES..... like always.... uuuuhhhummmm.... why is that so hard for some to figure out?

Gonna be interesting to read the Police log in the paper. (yes, it's a small town and you will make the paper for your crime..LOL) A souvenir to take home...for sure.

Be smrt, folks.
No Fat Chicks---Winter Park/Maryjane ;)

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Be smrt, folks.
Oh, I know.. Safety first on the hill..gotta get safe ;) Just never saw that sign. I'm from the south so I'm not that flagrant in public, unless at an MJ event. Hell, I was living here a year and was still paranoid to smoke on my apt balcony at night..that was 3 years ago. I've lived in TX and SC, the 2 most MJ unfriendly states in the US..14g+ in SC=felony.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Be smrt, folks.
Oh, I know.. Safety first on the hill..gotta get safe ;) Just never saw that sign. I'm from the south so I'm not that flagrant in public, unless at an MJ event. Hell, I was living here a year and was still paranoid to smoke on my apt balcony at night..that was 3 years ago. I've lived in TX and SC, the 2 most MJ unfriendly states in the US..14g+ in SC=felony.

I been smoking almost 20 years, and done some time for the plant, so I'm very pro decrim, med, rec, etc...but I'm also a family man, and although won't shelter my child I don't want it in her face either.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I'm gonna sell maps to all the smoke shacks on the back of a bag of chronic in WP.
Ive seen pics, but never actually been to the two story one in Breck w the skate deck stairs and snowboard table/benches. I'll buy a map. A map to the shrines at all the mtns would be baller. Westword had an article last winter or the one prior about all the smoke shacks and shrines at the mountains.

Top Bottom