Colorado Springs

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Going there for VACAY this weekend. Im from out of town and as i understand it I can only go into recreational dispensaries, not medicinal, and can only buy 1oz from each dispensary..

Is this true? and what are some good dispensaries that I could hit up?? Im sure recreationally there arent many. Any other tips you guys have while im there whether it has to do with weed or not, im all ears.

Thanks.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Going there for VACAY this weekend. Im from out of town and as i understand it I can only go into recreational dispensaries, not medicinal, and can only buy 1oz from each dispensary..

Is this true? and what are some good dispensaries that I could hit up?? Im sure recreationally there arent many. Any other tips you guys have while im there whether it has to do with weed or not, im all ears.

Thanks.
There’s only one rec shop on the west side which is actually manitou Springs
“Maggie’s farms”, be prepared to pay slot for mids lol.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

There’s only one rec shop on the west side which is actually manitou Springs
“Maggie’s farms”, be prepared to pay slot for mids lol.

There is emerald fields too. I mean, i dont really have much of a choice on price do i? Not unless i stood outside a medicinal facility and solicit someone to go inside and buy for me lmao.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

ok so change of plans since last post...

Ill be going to denver too..........what are some decently priced places to visit around there??

xavier7995

xavier7995

If price is a guiding factor, check out leafsaver or cannapages or westword, there are lots of 99 dollar ounces and 20 buck a gram of shatter deals. Leafly or weedmaps can give you an idea of pricing. It isn't going to be super good weed at that price, though depending on what your local weed is like it could be great by comparison. My general dispensary going tip is to avoid the flowers and stick to the extracts and novelty items.

For a price vs. Quality tradeoff, I normally hit up altitude.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

If price is a guiding factor, check out leafsaver or cannapages or westword, there are lots of 99 dollar ounces and 20 buck a gram of shatter deals. Leafly or weedmaps can give you an idea of pricing. It isn't going to be super good weed at that price, though depending on what your local weed is like it could be great by comparison. My general dispensary going tip is to avoid the flowers and stick to the extracts and novelty items.

For a price vs. Quality tradeoff, I normally hit up altitude.

its not the ONLY factor. I do want quality flower. But from what I saw from, for example, emerald fields....isnt 460 an oz for their "top shelf" over priced? Their top shelf included some cross of tahoe OG, GSC, and a few select others.

I guess I dont know what is a good price for good flower. Maybe that should have been my question lmao.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Holy crap that's expensive. 200 to 300 is a reasonable range, don't forget the 30+% tax though. I always advise to forget what you know about buying drugs and think of it as going to a liquor store...though a farmers market is a better analogy. You are under no obligation to buy. Inspect all the weed you want, look at a crapload of jars. If none of it looks like something you would want, just say thank you for your time and leave. If you were at a farmers market and all the apples were bruised and had worms you wouldn' hesitate to head down the road to the next stand, have that mentality when going to a dispo. You could even shop the 99 buck ounce deals doing that, though the places offering those deals get busted for pesticides pretty often.

Also, the tiers and top shelf mean nothing at most places. They just put the popular ones at the highest price point, doesn't really mean much regarding quality.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Holy crap that's expensive. 200 to 300 is a reasonable range, don't forget the 30+% tax though. I always advise to forget what you know about buying drugs and think of it as going to a liquor store...though a farmers market is a better analogy. You are under no obligation to buy. Inspect all the weed you want, look at a crapload of jars. If none of it looks like something you would want, just say thank you for your time and leave. If you were at a farmers market and all the apples were bruised and had worms you wouldn' hesitate to head down the road to the next stand, have that mentality when going to a dispo. You could even shop the 99 buck ounce deals doing that, though the places offering those deals get busted for pesticides pretty often.

Also, the tiers and top shelf mean nothing at most places. They just put the popular ones at the highest price point, doesn't really mean much regarding quality.

Ya, im aware the tiers mean jack, was just saying that for context. and i deff dont want to be smoking any pesticides. ill check out altitude though. I was on their website and it looks pretty reasonable + some good strains. thanks man.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Those little nitrogen filled tins are super slick packaging, but yeah, if you can't inspect the buds you will actually buy then finding another dispo is a good plan. The clinic got me when I came out here to visit, the weed I looked at was good but the presealed 8th was not.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Well im back. Na i smelled and looked at everything. Didnt come across any pre-seal at the dispensaries i went to. Was pretty cool. Checked out altitude, medicine man and good chem. Liked the last two the best, lots of choices. Went to emerald fields. It was cool. Maggies Farm was packed, it seemed like all the time. Got a few things there too. They had some key lime pie pre rolled at EF, so i tried some of that. Some of the strains i got are:

Sour D
NYC Diesel
ECSD
Headband
GSC
Gorilla Glue 4
Green Crack - this is one of the best smelling ones i bought. IMO
Skywalker OG
Hindu Kush - Im lookin forward to this one. Smells great, looks frosty
Abusive OG
707 TruthBand
Agent Orange
Blueberry
Blue Dream
MkUltra
SFV OG Kush

There are a few im missing. Ill prolly update it later when i sit down and take a hard gander. Maybe smoke enough to try each one. It was pretty awesome going out there and doing that.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

weight? just curios as to what gos on there. have never stepped for in any of those places..how much in tax??

the EF receipt has 10% tax, id suspect that is statewide?? Weight im not sure. Ive already handed out others' cut. If i had to guess 6oz, give or take a 1/4 or so. Most of it was well priced, except for EF and maggies farm. Not surprised considering they are "it" when it comes to recreation in Springs.

a lot of places had a few specials. Like buy so many 8ths get one free. or 8ths were a little (like $4) lower than normal. Got a few free joints too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom