Comercial & 4.D. Medical U.C. Flip Flop

• Thread starter 4.D.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

4.D.

Hello all, Comercial and I are building a 24 site medical flip flop grow. We just recently got into this space and are in the process of building it out. Any input is appreciated as I have learned from watching many of the MPB and UC grows on this site. We are putting together a DIY version, and have been playing with bucket and bulb layout the past few days. Our power is limited to a 125 amp breaker, so a flip flop seemed to be the most logical idea. Pics soon.

M

mrdizzle

I just set up my buddy with a DIY undercurrent in those bids, The 3 uni-seals are insane to put in and everyone leaked. check out 3in conduit, I would use that next run like ghettogro did if we ever re-do it

4.D.

The walls and ceiling will be insulated and sheeted with osb. The existing walls will be covered with 1" rigid insulation. All seams and joints will be caulked with alex plus and any gaps will be filled with spray foam insulation. Still trying to figure out the exact bucket and light layout. The strain will be purple wreck. More pics tomorrow.

4.D.

I just set up my buddy with a DIY undercurrent in those bids, The 3 uni-seals are insane to put in and everyone leaked. check out 3in conduit, I would use that next run like ghettogro did if we ever re-do it

Hey dizzle, I have been watching your mpb runs, gained alot of knowledge from all you guys in the mpb sector. I will have to check out ghettogro's thread.
Thanks for checking me out.

I built a six bucket diy and had one leak. I found 4" and 6" uniseals online. Imagine a UC XXXXL Darwin with 6" pvc, lol.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Wow, that's lots of leaking ?Uni's.

Guess they must have the midas touch at CC or growers would be lining up to lay the smack down if UC's leaked like that. I thinks its all about the hole quality IMO.

But when/if in doubt I'd opt for bulkheads....though it seems it would cost far less to just figure out how to make your uni's work.

BTW, have fun trying to wrestle that 6" PVC into the seals....please take video as I'm sure we'd all love to see you pull that one off. ;)

C

crossouttheiis

I built a diy for a friend. No leaks at all. Ucmenow is right its all about hole quality. Use a deburing tool to clean each hole you cut to smooth the edges. Are you going to be using uniseals or grommets? The tougher the fit the less likely it will leak use a little smaller than recommended hole saw. Its a pain to get the pvc in, but no leaks at least :)

4.D.

Wow, that's lots of leaking ?Uni's.

Guess they must have the midas touch at CC or growers would be lining up to lay the smack down if UC's leaked like that. I thinks its all about the hole quality IMO.

But when/if in doubt I'd opt for bulkheads....though it seems it would cost far less to just figure out how to make your uni's work.

BTW, have fun trying to wrestle that 6" PVC into the seals....please take video as I'm sure we'd all love to see you pull that one off. ;)

I built a diy for a friend. No leaks at all. Ucmenow is right its all about hole quality. Use a deburing tool to clean each hole you cut to smooth the edges. Are you going to be using uniseals or grommets? The tougher the fit the less likely it will leak use a little smaller than recommended hole saw. Its a pain to get the pvc in, but no leaks at least :)

The leak I had was from a bad hole , I guess you could call it an a hole.
:mooning
I was joking about using the 6" seals, we are using 2" for this grow. The trick to getting the pvc in is a little bit of lube aka soap. Otherwise its a PITA, I snapped my replacement bucket (for the a hole bucket) because I had no lube. Going to work will snap a few pics of the progress.

C

Comercial

We cleaned the drill holes out well, hopefully no leakes. Here is some more pics.

B

Bobby Smith

Subbed; love buildout threads more than grow threads :)

Great start, gentlemen.

C

c4NN4daze

Good work so far! Do it right the first time is what I go by. CD

4.D.

Hey Comercial if you have any time away from the old ladies family while your away, check out this thread

Nearly exactly the same as what we are doing.
Get To Grow uses the rubbermaid trashcans, just like you were thinking.
My favorite parts about the set up;
the online cameras that pan tilt and zoom, this clever guy puts a temp and humidity sensor within view of the camera
the air line ran inside of the 3" water line

Happy Turkey day everyone. Much love and many blessings.

Both rooms have been completely sheeted today. Next up is insulation. 1" rigid on the existing walls, R-11 on the ceiling, sprayfoam seams and gaps.

IMG 0522
Top Bottom