Comments on Mega Crop with ProMix HP ?

• Thread starter chuck88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

I agree, as I am on my 2nd pair of shears after my 1st. year growing in Coco/perlite. I wet trim as well, it's just easier to final trim after drying,Cheers SS

chuck88

chuck88

Good thing I had an extra broom handle, the King Gelato auto on the left was flopping all over šŸ˜‰

Gorilla Glue #4 auto on the right will need some help soon, day 108.

BTW> the tin foil lined walls of my enclosure are 4' high...

24 Apr Day 108

Cheers

chuck88

chuck88

Enough is enough šŸ˜‰

Day 121, pistils on foxtails are still white but the ones on the "normal" part of the buds are orange and crinkly !

And they are drinking less so it is time.

Gorilla Glue #4 was wet trimmed yesterday. King Gelato gets done today..

GG4 left side vertical

GG4 top two

GG4 right vertical two

GG4 top

Cheers, eh ?

chuck88

chuck88

And the final results are in...

Gelato - 6.0 oz
Topped Gelato - 10.75 oz
Purple Silverback - 6.1 oz
Gorilla Glue #4 - 15.6 oz
King Gelato - 14.6 oz

A total of 53.05 oz or 3.3 #'s, call it 3 1/2 #'s including testers šŸ˜µ

Cheers, eh ?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Greetings,

I've used Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect Micro/Grow/Bloom/Big Bud/Sensizym/B-52 in cloth bags and ProMix HP for my last two grows with acceptable results.

But, I'm kinda tired of all the mixing so I'm going to give MC a go...

I have Shiskaberry clones on the way and will do a side by side comparison with AN/Mega Crop.

To be clear, a 44" x 54" x 4' high enclosure in a 10' x 10' room. 600w MH/HPS, 3 gallon cloth pots.

BTW > my well water ppm is ~500. Can anyone suggest what ppm to mix to ? I assume their feeding schedule will be useless for me ?

I have a bad habit of upping the nutrients until I see burn but would like to avoid that if possible šŸ˜‰

The plan is to do the whole grow with MC without additives on one or two plants unless the girls look like they need help.

Any comments or suggestions on what to look out for ?

Cheers.
I would add peat to the mix since your water will be basic,my well water has more dissolved solids than yours and reads about 800ppm,one time when i ran hydroponics and i mixed my own salts bought in 50lb sacks.I emailed homegrown hydroponics for suggestions first, then our local agricultural college and they they suggested to send them a copy of the analysis (which my township office supplied for a few bucks,probably more now) and they would work out a formula.They did it for free.It was for tomatoes because it was so illegal but it worked great,I don't have the formula anymore or I'd post it. It was a concentrated 2 part mix with no trace required because the well water already had plenty. I tapped into town water later so the problem is history.Just an idea. Good luck.

chuck88

chuck88

I would add peat to the mix since your water will be basic,my well water has more dissolved solids than yours and reads about 800ppm,one time when i ran hydroponics and i mixed my own salts bought in 50lb sacks.I emailed homegrown hydroponics for suggestions first, then our local agricultural college and they they suggested to send them a copy of the analysis (which my township office supplied for a few bucks,probably more now) and they would work out a formula.They did it for free.It was for tomatoes because it was so illegal but it worked great,I don't have the formula anymore or I'd post it. It was a concentrated 2 part mix with no trace required because the well water already had plenty. I tapped into town water later so the problem is history.Just an idea. Good luck.
ProMix HP has peat moss in it....

Cheers

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

OP must have the luckiest 500ppm water in the world. Having low enough bicarbonate with 500ppm water is unusual. And the Promix rep saying you don't need to pH peat is odd and contrary to their website info.

https://www.pthorticulture.com/medi...medium-ph-en.jpg?width=500&height=293.9453125

Water alkalinity influence growing medium ph en

Weed does have a wider pH range than the 5.8-6.2 pH that we shoot for. It's more like 5.0-7.5 pH, if the plants are well fed and paired with the right amount of light.

It's NEVER wrong to pH your feed, if you do it right. pH based nutrient lockout is real thing.

I'd be interested to know the OP's runoff pH at the end of bloom.

chuck88

chuck88

OP must have the luckiest 500ppm water in the world. Having low enough bicarbonate with 500ppm water is unusual. And the Promix rep saying you don't need to pH peat is odd and contrary to their website info.

https://www.pthorticulture.com/medi...medium-ph-en.jpg?width=500&height=293.9453125

Weed does have a wider pH range than the 5.8-6.2 pH that we shoot for. It's more like 5.0-7.5 pH, if the plants are well fed and paired with the right amount of light.

It's NEVER wrong to pH your feed, if you do it right. pH based nutrient lockout is real thing.

Can't find the source right now but this is a comment related to Mega Crop >

Traditional synthetic nutrients use EDTA salt chelation that uses pH within a certain range as the means to release the nutrients and make them available to the plants. Veganic nutrients are bound instead with an amino acid that is actually eaten by the plants to release the nutrients hidden inside, and the pH of the fluids has no bearing on this process. As long as your pH is within the bio-safe range of 9-4, uptake is fine in that system.

But yes, it is a good idea to ph your water but I got tired of messing with acids...

This grow was at least as good if not better than my last with ph'ed water.

And no, I don't measure my run off. I measure my food in and keep an eye on the plants condition.

Basically moving towards a KISS system and it is working for me !

Cheers

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

View attachment 1245744

Well said!!

chuck88

chuck88

How much peat do you suggest ? I'm getting such terrible results as is...

Cheers

Shoot, time allowed to edit has passed..

I did not mean to be so sarcastic and would like to hear how adding more peat would benefit ProMix HP ?

One thing I can think of is it would likely hold moisture better/longer ? Maybe not a good thing ? Towards the end the girls were getting 4L each every two days.

Relative humidity is ambient with the rest of the building which has been in the 40 - 50% range. No active humidity control in my enclosure.

And a flush might not be as straight forward ? Ph is low, this is a good thing.

On further thought, adding peat moss might be a worthy experiment for my next grow !

Cheers

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Promix HP is 80% peat and 20% perlite. Most people add a little more perlite not more peat. If you want more water retention, you can add some vermiculite.

chuck88

chuck88

• SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (65-75%)

Canadian Sphagnum peat moss is a natural, organic matter that comes from a peat bog. This primary resource is carefully harvested by vacuum harvesters. Peat moss comes in various fibrosity and levels of decomposition. Once carefully graded, peat moss assures that qualities of each grade are optimized for based on grower and uses for a final product reaching high quality requirements.

• PERLITE

Perlite is an alumino-silicate ore of volcanic origin. The raw ore is crushed, graded and screened in various particle sizes. Perlite has a high total-porosity and improves drainage and air porosity.

• LIMESTONE

Used to adjust pH to optimum range. Also a source of Calcium and Magnesium.

• WETTING AGENT

A wetting agent is a substance that reduces the surface tension of water, allowing water to penetrate and uniformly wet growing media.

• MYCORRHIZAE - PTB297 TECHNOLOGY

Mycorrhizae - PTB297 Technology is a Biological Growth Enhancer that increases the yield of flower, fruit and vegetable plants by extending the root system to acquire the most of available nutrients in the soil. Mycorrhizae also improve resistance to root diseases and stresses.

Thanks. If it's not broken, don't fix it šŸ˜‰
    Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom