Commerce City Kush Stripes HELP!

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Hey guys,

I have made a few posts in the past but I am looking for a bit of help with my current grow. I am rolling with 2 GSC extreme fem in soil and 1 GSC extreme fem and 1 CCK non fem in promix hp. I will update with as many details as possible but my question is about CCK. I am feeding at .8 EC & 6.4 pH and I am unsure about why tiger stripes formed. I know I burned her early but thought I was dialing it in a bit. She was dealing a bit of canoeing as well but I let her dry out an d intend to water less frequently. (3 times a week til drain.. adjusting to 2 times a week)

You guys are all a great community and I am looking to post more and share.

Cheers,
Johny

Commerce city kush stripes help
Commerce city kush stripes help 2
Commerce city kush stripes help 3
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
AQUA? Comfortable? Ponky? I am feeding with Advanced nutes A&B plus cal mag at .8 EC 6.4ph til runoff. I am only using half recommended dose of Cal mag. Could that be the reason for my apparent magnesium deficiency in the top pic? Or am I just overwatering and in turn over feeding which is leading to nute burn and other nute lockout.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
How close are your lights?
SF2000 - 30 inches away from canopy. I'm also running it on a 20/4 cycle based on interesting literature from Bruce Bugbee. Scrap and go 18/6?.. Tough one because all the good literature indicates a change coming in the industry. Anecdotal, but I have a buddy at Colorado State and they are literally doing this right now with excellent results up to 22/2. I know it is strain dependent and the more I push the lighting, the more I need every other variable super tight but I figured Id play with it.

Thanks for reply
Johnny

growsince79

growsince79

200w @ 30" shouldn't be very bright. .8 e.c isn't much either. How big are the containers? How much and how often do you water? They look hungry as hell.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
200w @ 30" shouldn't be very bright. .8 e.c isn't much either. How big are the containers? How much and how often do you water? They look hungry as hel2
2 gal promix hp. I feed 2x a week til runoff. SF2000 came with 2x4 tent setup so I wasn't aware of it possibly being too small . I have a SE5000 4x4 just sitting empty as I try to organize my grow.. Can you explain what you see that suggests they are hungry? Will hydro get easier with experience? LOLZ I have some power SI and hydro guard I was going to add to feed but things seem shaky atm.

Thanks

growsince79

growsince79

Leaf and stem color look like multiple defficiencies. They also look like they had light or heat stress at some time. 30" I would think is far enough for seedings but idk. I use cfl at that stage. Maybe the light just too bright or wrong spectrum for young plants. I see lots of people having problems with seeds. I move the 2-3 week old plants under about 20000 lux led.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Man is this a humbling experience. I am one of those people who thought they were good at most things given a good amount of effort. Such a plebbbb.. lol Please help yall!

IMG 1197
IMG 1196
IMG 1198
IMG 1200
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Leaf and stem color look like multiple defficiencies. They also look like they had light or heat stress at some time. 30" I would think is far enough for seedings but idk. I use cfl at that stage. Maybe the light just too bright or wrong spectrum for young plants. I see lots of people having problems with seeds. I move the 2-3 week old plants under about 20000 lux led.
Yeah I have a T5 that I ran my first run of autos under for 3 weeks and they turned out great. I am not sure why I decided to plug the babies under LED to start but it is only one of many problems. I am just trying to learn, learn, learn. Any further advice or critiques would be amazing.

growsince79

growsince79

I'd back the light off to 16 on and see if that helps. Do you have a lux meter?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah light and looks to be overwatered, possibly to cold and humid?

Fair bit of swelling in the leaves.

Ponky

Ponky

I would guess you just need to increase the total food 20%. Look for improvement. The purple stem seems like food ratios might be off. Reduce lumens for 3 days or so. If none of that works add 35% more food. Temps to 85F. For a week And foliar feed them. See if they darken up. I also like to hit them with my Sulphur spray 3 in 1. They seem to like a good hit of Sulphur. They should double in 10 days.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I'd back the light off to 16 on and see if that helps. Do you have a lux meter?
I do not own a lux meter but I am going to procure one. Thanks for the input.. Last night was first night of 16 and it just felt good to do something seemingly positive. Seriously, thank you for putting up with the angst of another new grower.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I would guess you just need to increase the total food 20%. Look for improvement. The purple stem seems like food ratios might be off. Reduce lumens for 3 days or so. If none of that works add 35% more food. Temps to 85F. For a week And foliar feed them. See if they darken up. I also like to hit them with my Sulphur spray 3 in 1. They seem to like a good hit of Sulphur. They should double in 10 days.
Thank you Ponky! I obviously have a few of my favorites that I watch from afar lol. Next feed is tomorrow and Ill definitely take your advice. Heading to hydro store later tonight to check out some foliar spray!

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Yeah light and looks to be overwatered, possibly to cold and humid?

Fair bit of swelling in the leaves.
Thank you Aqua! You are such a presence on the boards, I just needed to read some of your wisdom haha! Yeah I seemed to heat stress them, over water them, and under feed them all at once. Adjusted to 2x weekly feed at 1.1-1.2 EC with 2 days of 16/8 triage and back to normalized 18/6. Thanks Man!

Top Bottom