Commercial Building (experienced Growers)

• Thread starter TokinBluntz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TokinBluntz

Hello everyone, Its been a while since I've been on here but with the recent passing of Medical in Oklahoma I've been doing a little thinking. Since I don't have years of growing experience under my belt, I thought I'd be realistic and open a Dispensary.
However, my wheels kept turning and I've decided to build a decent size commercial building to accommodate 3-4 separate businesses... Dispensary, Processing Facility and a Grow Facility.

This is where I could use some advice but keep in mind I'd like to build the building for around $100k.
Obviously, I'm not trying to match the Reef Dispensary in Nevada but I'd like to accommodate a small-mid scale operation.

I'm not exactly sure what would be considered a sufficient amount of space for an operation of such scale... but I do know that I'd like to have a perpetual cycle (2 weeks) due to the fact I don't plan to have thousands of plants.

So, to my question... Can anyone suggest the amount of sq ft and/or have any blueprints?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Go with dispensary that’s where the moneys at. Here in Oregon growers are dropping left and rite. Dispensary’s are buying fire for $800 indoor. Selling it to the masses averageing $2200-$2500 a pound after it’s parted out. If you can facilitate your own full process business that would be awesome. But you better start greasing the pig real quick. You ain’t got connections at the state capital level better start spreading your cheeks or your screwed.

T

TokinBluntz

Go with dispensary that’s where the moneys at. Here in Oregon growers are dropping left and rite. Dispensary’s are buying fire for $800 indoor. Selling it to the masses averageing $2200-$2500 a pound after it’s parted out. If you can facilitate your own full process business that would be awesome. But you better start greasing the pig real quick. You ain’t got connections at the state capital level better start spreading your cheeks or your screwed.

My main focus was a Dispensary until I met a few investors. Now, I'd still like to retain control of that aspect but also provide the building for the Extracting and Growing.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I think if I were to build a 50x100 building, it could facilitate a small-mid scale operation from Growing to Extracting to Dispensing all in one go.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
My main focus was a Dispensary until I met a few investors. Now, I'd still like to retain control of that aspect but also provide the building for the Extracting and Growing.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I think if I were to build a 50x100 building, it could facilitate a small-mid scale operation from Growing to Extracting to Dispensing all in one go.
I would go bigger, but if you can find a building to lease that would be the way to go.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

No offense, but 100k should enough for just one of those 3 things. Especially if your doing the build out. At least for a decent grow op or processing lab. I would start with a dispo then work up. Just my opinion, if you can do it all for 100k, I want to see hella pics.

T

TokinBluntz

No offense takin, I'm referring to just building layout, no equipment included.
However, my wheels are still turning.
I've been thinking about a 40x60x12 with the interior having eight 10x12x10 grow rooms and one 20x40 room layed out for the Dispensary area.
I'm thinking out of the eight rooms, one for Mothers/Clones, two for Veg, four rooms for Flower and one room for Drying/Curing.
Lighting:
42 plants in each room (give or take) so I was looking at four 4x4 Vero LED Lights for each room.
Fans:
I plan to run Co2, so I need to do some more research on the size of fan to use for the rooms.
Dehumidifier:
I would like to hear suggestions on this one.
Hydroponics:
I'll most likely run a DWC system similar to that of Current Culture.

I'm know I've got tons more research to do but if you guys could let me know if I'm at least on the right track, it would be appreciated .

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If you need help designing the grow space I can help. I work with a company that specializes in horticulture rack systems for commercial grows. We have a mobility system that can also be retrofitted to your existing grow racks and will triple the size of your canopy in the same amount of space. Visit my website thegrowingrack.com (or click the link in my signature) and scroll down to the bigger? section and click the button to learn more about it. Contact us through the form and we can get you more info.

I will be adding more information here shortly but we offer several solutions that may be of interest to you and we can get you pricing and layout your space for you for no charge. Below are some examples of design blueprints and the racking system we offer that you may be interested in.

1FE48D3D 3984 48BB 9F27 FF185F8E4D9E

5BFC01A7 8EFB 41CB B6D0 1AC447EA1A92

O

Ogbullriderguy

No offense takin, I'm referring to just building layout, no equipment included.
However, my wheels are still turning.
I've been thinking about a 40x60x12 with the interior having eight 10x12x10 grow rooms and one 20x40 room layed out for the Dispensary area.
I'm thinking out of the eight rooms, one for Mothers/Clones, two for Veg, four rooms for Flower and one room for Drying/Curing.
Lighting:
42 plants in each room (give or take) so I was looking at four 4x4 Vero LED Lights for each room.
Fans:
I plan to run Co2, so I need to do some more research on the size of fan to use for the rooms.
Dehumidifier:
I would like to hear suggestions on this one.
Hydroponics:
I'll most likely run a DWC system similar to that of Current Culture.

I'm know I've got tons more research to do but if you guys could let me know if I'm at least on the right track, it would be appreciated .
Where in Oklahoma are you located? Ill be out there this weekend if youre close to where ill be maybe we can talk.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hello everyone, Its been a while since I've been on here but with the recent passing of Medical in Oklahoma I've been doing a little thinking. Since I don't have years of growing experience under my belt, I thought I'd be realistic and open a Dispensary.
However, my wheels kept turning and I've decided to build a decent size commercial building to accommodate 3-4 separate businesses... Dispensary, Processing Facility and a Grow Facility.

This is where I could use some advice but keep in mind I'd like to build the building for around $100k.
Obviously, I'm not trying to match the Reef Dispensary in Nevada but I'd like to accommodate a small-mid scale operation.

I'm not exactly sure what would be considered a sufficient amount of space for an operation of such scale... but I do know that I'd like to have a perpetual cycle (2 weeks) due to the fact I don't plan to have thousands of plants.

So, to my question... Can anyone suggest the amount of sq ft and/or have any blueprints?
My facility cost $25 million so if the budget is $100k, heed diesels advice , get a dispensary going. Make some profit then build out a grow space.
Money is in extracts and POS, point of sale. The ROI, return on investment in flower is 10 plus cycles which would mean you would spend $500k before you see a penny of profit.
License and fees alike are high as fuck as greedy Uncle Sam will want his cut. You won’t be able to get loans on business because of Fed law. So my advice is to get the building. Open the dispensary. As you make money, turn that cash into the grow op and processing plant. Co2 extraction system for oils, and get a vape pen lab. This is where the margins are huge. 1 gram of oil on market is anywhere from $60-120 depending on demand and quality.( diluted ofcourse, as the extract concentration would be near 80-90% pure, most would put out 120-210 thc by volume per gram) so a gram would make like 10 grams diluted)
On trim, 14grams per pound is average oil yield but if you throw popcorn and maybe flower that quadruples.
Gram of flower is about $12-35 locally so the margins are good for dispensary but as growers, we sell for pennies to the gram to compete.
Just my a my advice seeing a fella come up! Congrats if u have the license!

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
If you need help designing the grow space I can help. I work with a company that specializes in horticulture rack systems for commercial grows. We have a mobility system that can also be retrofitted to your existing grow racks and will triple the size of your canopy in the same amount of space. Visit my website thegrowingrack.com (or click the link in my signature) and scroll down to the bigger? section and click the button to learn more about it. Contact us through the form and we can get you more info.

I will be adding more information here shortly but we offer several solutions that may be of interest to you and we can get you pricing and layout your space for you for no charge. Below are some examples of design blueprints and the racking system we offer that you may be interested in.

View attachment 821998

View attachment 821999
Hey what would something like that cost bro? That exact foot print is my lab

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What all do you need? Just the racks and mobile tracks or do you not want mobile racks? Also do you need the lighting attachments and irrigation drains? I can certainly have that blueprint quoted in a hurry or we can layout your space as per your specs. Let me know.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
What all do you need? Just the racks and mobile tracks or do you not want mobile racks? Also do you need the lighting attachments and irrigation drains? I can certainly have that blueprint quoted in a hurry or we can layout your space as per your specs. Let me know.
Complete it will house cloners

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok I’ll get you a quote as it is complete. We don’t have lighting or ventilation but everything else will be included. Most like to use their own hvac and led lights anyhow. I’ll get back to you shortly in a PM.

Top Bottom