Commercial Grow License/ CA

• Thread starter blazeone44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazeone44

blazeone44

Wassup guys, ive been looking into getting my commercial grow license for a while however it seems there are many different ways to go about this and just need some advice. Im in LA area and found a couple of law offices that provide the full service, i have been quoted $1375-$3777 which is kind of pricey. I believe you can also get the forms from online however seems like its a lot of work? Does anyone have experience with this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Wassup guys, ive been looking into getting my commercial grow license for a while however it seems there are many different ways to go about this and just need some advice. Im in LA area and found a couple of law offices that provide the full service, i have been quoted $1375-$3777 which is kind of pricey. I believe you can also get the forms from online however seems like its a lot of work? Does anyone have experience with this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

if you can get a commercial license under 5 k thats cheap as hell

blazeone44

blazeone44

if you can get a commercial license under 5 k thats cheap as hell

is it? i was thinking 2k max b/c i dont have time to file all the paperwork. i got a quote for $1600 including tax id #, paperwork for patients and everything, i was leaning towards this.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no such thing as a commercial grow liscense in CA

yeah I think technically commercial license is a misnomer - most people have a LLC collective type permit

and to the OP - you would be the first person I heard of that got this done for under 5k

god luck - keep us posted

blazeone44

blazeone44

so how would you guys go about this? basically i am trying to start a 4-6k room nothing too crazy in a small warehouse, but i want something in addition to my actual medical license.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Nothing like this exists. Nothing will protect you either. Fallow the rules set up by the AG of California and pray.... the Feds and County LE play by their own set of rules and could care less what you say, your lawyer says or what your piece of paper says. I wish you the best.

L

Lost

The feds won't let any med paperwork see the light of day in a court room. Its really only for state protection and I have never heard of it making a difference.

A

AliasAO

Even If its possible dont do it.

In my head, if you submit the paper work and pay the 2K to the lawyer that info probably will go straight to the local PD since those pot lawyers are more likely than not on retainer with the PD's and LE's.

As countless ppl have stated already MJ is state legal but the Feds and Local agencies play by there own rules. Not too mention the nit witts in DC who supposedly represent the ppl of Cali will not stand up to the Feds or for the law there ppl have passed.

Forget paying the 2K, if your gonna do it just do it , dont bother with paying the 2K because with or without the "paper" or "growers license" your screwed if they decide they want you finished.

A

amstercal

I went to HempCon a few weeks ago and here's what the lawyer there said, keeping in mind I am no lawyer and the info is probably only good for a moment before things change again... in LA if you have more than 2 patients growing together, then you are a collective and must be incorporated etc. Since LA has that lame lottery system and you can no longer get in it, then you cannot be a permitted collective at this time. He said no paperwork will protect you completely, but having your grow designated to a legal collective ahead of time is a safer bet. Of course, that's just LA.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, what you're saying is that in LA they've basically outlawed collectives, yes? Which is exactly how it is here, no co-ops, no collectives and there's no such thing as a license that would grant you some sort of immunity. I grow for myself and by myself and that's it.
so how would you guys go about this? basically i am trying to start a 4-6k room nothing too crazy in a small warehouse, but i want something in addition to my actual medical license.
What do you want in addition to your medical recommendation? You don't have a license, that's a misnomer. Nor do you have a prescription, another misnomer people use quite often. What is your goal? An attorney will take your money, but that doesn't mean they're good at what they do. Worse yet, I can assure everyone from personal experience that the judge will not accept the defense of, "But my attorney told me I could!" That I can guarantee, to the tune of $55K guaranteed.

Even If its possible dont do it.

In my head, if you submit the paper work and pay the 2K to the lawyer that info probably will go straight to the local PD since those pot lawyers are more likely than not on retainer with the PD's and LE's.

As countless ppl have stated already MJ is state legal but the Feds and Local agencies play by there own rules. Not too mention the nit witts in DC who supposedly represent the ppl of Cali will not stand up to the Feds or for the law there ppl have passed.

Forget paying the 2K, if your gonna do it just do it , dont bother with paying the 2K because with or without the "paper" or "growers license" your screwed if they decide they want you finished.
What? I'm sorry, I could not disagree with that more. They would be disbarred for, at the very least, conflict of interests.

There is no such thing as a cannabis grower's license in California. Unless you go to the clusterfuck that is Oakland! :D

M

Max Powers

it seems like no matter what paperwork you have, no matter how much $$ you spend, we're all still at the mercy of whatever LE feels like doing at any given time. The Feds don't recognize the term Medical in any way, and they're who you really need to worry about anyway. Also, once you start filing paperwork, etc. you're ON the radar...Better to stay in the shadows, IMO

purpleberry

purpleberry

4-6k is personal, id say anything under 100 sq in most of cali is safe. Guys are going into grow shops and buying 20-40 lights at a time, They are the ones leo want, Id ask around your county to see what leo are doing about certin size grows. Some countys have restrictions on plant count and sqft. Always stay low profile and treat it as if you will go to jail if caught.

P

Paul Nepal

There is no such thing as a "Commercial Growers Lic."

You may be refering to starting a collective but no form will help you out, just get all your patients together and get your paperwork in order, and be smart about how you go about your business and you should be in good shape.

Dont go and give some attorney a bunch of your money though, they will tell you what you want to hear, not what is reallity

A

amstercal

So, what you're saying is that in LA they've basically outlawed collectives, yes? Which is exactly how it is here, no co-ops, no collectives and there's no such thing as a license that would grant you some sort of immunity. I grow for myself and by myself and that's it.

Yes, that's basically it. Here in OC every city except one that's struggling just has an outright ban, although apparently one accepts "penalty" payments for being in violation from city code and lets you go on your way. If they don't stop you one way, it's another.

And the LA thing has several court cases pending.

blazeone44

blazeone44

i just want to be a little more legit if that makes any sense at all. how would i go about in getting scripts from clinics? do you guys who grow have a lawyer on retainer??

P

Paul Nepal

In terms of getting scripts from clubs, good luck. They would want something in return, and thats if they are even interested.

Get some friends together, that would be my advice

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
4-6k is personal, id say anything under 100 sq in most of cali is safe. Guys are going into grow shops and buying 20-40 lights at a time, They are the ones leo want, Id ask around your county to see what leo are doing about certin size grows. Some countys have restrictions on plant count and sqft. Always stay low profile and treat it as if you will go to jail if caught.
Not in California. As long as you can support the use, and if you're gonna claim co-op/collective then it had better be legal in that county/city, then they can't touch you based on plant counts (except for that magical 99 number).

i just want to be a little more legit if that makes any sense at all. how would i go about in getting scripts from clinics? do you guys who grow have a lawyer on retainer??
I will try again. You cannot get a PRESCRIPTION for cannabis. You can only get a recommendation. Clinics and docs need to be separate and separated, and in my case my doc won't even recommend a clinic to go to, just as well.

I have an attorney on retainer, yes. Locally it's not too expensive, in LA I would expect in the neighborhood of around $2500K-$5K to keep a good MMJ attorney at your disposal. Since you are in LA, I can tell you to try to make sure whoever you work with has a few cases, with good results, under their belt. I don't have that luxury, as far as my county's concerned there IS no such thing as MMJ.

Be aware of your local laws and zoning, an attorney can tell you that. Many, if not most, will give an initial consultation for anywhere from free to $100. I've always gotten consults at no charge.

Top Bottom