Commercial Grow License/ CA

• Thread starter blazeone44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
it isn't the amount of weed you have, although the guidelines in my area I think are a max of 8 oz dried. law enforcement is more concerned with amount of plants, which is why you see people nowadays growing less plants bigger. it isn't efficient to spend so much time growing big except for the reason of reducing total number of plants.

here in california i know nothing about a state id card. all the cards people have are issued by the prescribing doctor, and really, it is simply a recommendation, not a true script.

maybe you aren't in california and therefore the rules might be different in your state. here in california, the state DA has said you are okay with 6 plants or 12 immature. that is the baseline. counties/cities can allow more, since they are the ones enforcing, but they legally can't go below the minimum guideline set by the state.
I'm in California, and you're working off old information. The state attorney general, nor any county district attorney, can impose any such limitation upon patients. Period.

The recommendation (you are correct, it is not a prescription specifically because it cannot be titrated) is all you need, but the ID card first outlined in SB 420 was retained in the ruling that determined that you cannot be arrested based on plant count alone specifically because it is against the spirit and wording of Proposition 215, and also because of the type of amendment Prop 215 constitutes. It can only be amended by another vote by the people, as I understand the current situation.

I suggest anyone who is confused about the current status of their state's law go speak with an attorney, and I highly recommend that they speak with one in their area. This is what I've done--I got a referral from our 'regular' attorney, and got a consultation and decided to put him on retainer. I did this after I had already been visited by law enforcement (an unfortunate set of circumstances involving my son, who no longer lives here).

What they do seem to be able to do is outlaw collectives, cooperatives, dispensaries and any such or like models, as a county-wide ban. I have been advised by my attorney to not even join such a model that is based outside my county, unless I'm happy to undergo more scrutiny by local LE.

so why does the Attorney General post guidelines then?

the reality is that if you go against what they are proposing, you are facing costly litigation or criminal charges. you have to justify use and the majority of people can't justify more than 30 plants

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Because of how the law is worded and because that's part of his job. Both 215 and the now mostly-defunct SB420 weren't worded very well. This leaves all of us--law enforcement, attorneys, growers, the courts--in a bit of a situation in that much of this has to be teased apart in court. And I'm sure you know what the supposition is there, right?

I am very, very well able to justify my use and it's been put to the test, legally speaking, already.

thank you for the clarification. sucks that you were put to the test.... hopefully at little expense to yourself :(

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The expense came after the visit by the task force, but it's money (pre-emptively) well spent, in my opinion.

I had just over 70 plants going at different stages, along with my OD crops that had been harvested just weeks before. They sweated me, but didn't do anything.

They asked me very pointed questions, in many different ways, about how much I use. Without actually weighing what I use daily, I don't really know. But, I get started within a couple of hours of waking up and then smoke all day long, til I fall asleep. When queried to at least roughly quantify by weight, the police 'helped' me figure out that it's around 10g/day. I still couldn't say for certain, but hey, if it suits them it suits me.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

They start issuing state commercial licsences Jan 2018. Does anyone have any info on this. I know this thread is 6 years old but maybe we can rekindle this. Hahah

Icemud

Icemud

They start issuing state commercial licsences Jan 2018. Does anyone have any info on this. I know this thread is 6 years old but maybe we can rekindle this. Hahah

Read all of MAUCRSA regulations and understand them to a T.... this will pretty much tell you what you need to do.... Other than that, find a city allowing permits, find out what zone this business type is allowed in... and have millions to spend...

That should get you started...

Latest posts

Top Bottom