Commercial Grower Forced Back Into Small Tent

• Thread starter erocknroll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
erocknroll

erocknroll

Whats up everybody,
Relatively new here on the farm. Been lurking and commenting a little for the past couple months and I'm finally set to start my grow diary. I use to work at a small commercial grow (8 rooms 12 lights each) for a few years but we shut it down and now I'm forced to continue growing in my tiny LA apartment.
Got myself a 2x2x5 tent and a 4 light T5 fixture to start. Gonna hopefully get a little LED for flowering. I've always done vegan/organic soild with promix + amendments but I'm giving coco a shot this time. Using straight canna coco with House and Garden Cocos A+B along with some rapid start and floralicious+
At first I was gonna save up for clones but I popped a random OG bag seed and a customer from my new job said he could hook me up with some clones if I got him a chipotle burrito lol. So I got him the burrito and got my cuts. They were already transplanted into temporary small bags but they weren't rooted yet so I took em out and stuck em in my coco.
1x Random OG seed
6x SFV OG clone
1x Gelato clone
The cuts aren't the best looking but hey I got em for free basically so we'll see how they do. I've had the seed going for about 1.5 weeks and the clones were transplanted saturday night. All pics here are from saturday except the progression of the seedling.
Seedling progression:
Commercial grower forced back into small tent
Commercial grower forced back into small tent 2
Commercial grower forced back into small tent 3

The sad gelato
Commercial grower forced back into small tent 4

The bags they came in
Commercial grower forced back into small tent 5

The full tent
Commercial grower forced back into small tent 6

Gonna be hand watering these for now. Hopefully can get automated eventually.

madgrower

madgrower

Whats up everybody,
Relatively new here on the farm. Been lurking and commenting a little for the past couple months and I'm finally set to start my grow diary. I use to work at a small commercial grow (8 rooms 12 lights each) for a few years but we shut it down and now I'm forced to continue growing in my tiny LA apartment.
Got myself a 2x2x5 tent and a 4 light T5 fixture to start. Gonna hopefully get a little LED for flowering. I've always done vegan/organic soild with promix + amendments but I'm giving coco a shot this time. Using straight canna coco with House and Garden Cocos A+B along with some rapid start and floralicious+
At first I was gonna save up for clones but I popped a random OG bag seed and a customer from my new job said he could hook me up with some clones if I got him a chipotle burrito lol. So I got him the burrito and got my cuts. They were already transplanted into temporary small bags but they weren't rooted yet so I took em out and stuck em in my coco.
1x Random OG seed
6x SFV OG clone
1x Gelato clone
The cuts aren't the best looking but hey I got em for free basically so we'll see how they do. I've had the seed going for about 1.5 weeks and the clones were transplanted saturday night. All pics here are from saturday except the progression of the seedling.
Seedling progression:
View attachment 786326 View attachment 786327 View attachment 786328
The sad gelato
View attachment 786329
The bags they came inView attachment 786330
The full tentView attachment 786331
Gonna be hand watering these for now. Hopefully can get automated eventually.
Welcome can't wait to see the end product

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yea I was looking for them last night and night before but couldn't find any. Gonna get something to spray with before I flip. Any suggestions on a good mite spray? Was thinking of giving green cleaner a try
I’ve used Green Cleaner. It works well, but the mites have to come into contact with the spray and it does evaporate quickly (which is a good thing). I was in week 5 flower at the time and didn’t want to spray the buds. So it didn’t get rid of them completely. But it got me to harvest. In your situation, soak the hell out of them. It kills mites dead.

MW7945

MW7945

Don't let that coco dry out at all, that's why you could be seeing issues

erocknroll

erocknroll

Don't let that coco dry out at all, that's why you could be seeing issues
I'm not. Just transplanted them and watered down the center. Fully saturated last night. These clones came with issues already...they are free so what could I expect. I'm hoping the new growth will all be healthy. PH and ppm seemed good last night from the runoff.
My seedling on the other hand has been staying green. Probably gonna ease up on food next feeding. ppm came out at 930 on this one last night
0320182057 HDR

And don't worry, the dry coco in the back just hadn't gotten watered before I took the pic.

erocknroll

erocknroll

Took my girl on a 3 day birthday vacation and couldn't find anyone to come check my garden while I was gone so I just watered them all before I left, moved the light up a bit and hoped for the best. Second thing I did when I got home I opened my tent and they were all ok except my random OG seedling was just starting to wilt...damn. It wasn't near death tho so she should be fine. On a better note the free clones were all showing multiple roots out of the bottoms of the pots which made me a lot happier. Especially since I was a little worried about unpotting them from those bags originally but the roots took just fine. Will probably say fuck it and flip these in a few days. pH and ppm levels are staying good.
0326180700 HDR
0326180701 HDR

erocknroll

erocknroll

Was a little worried about my seedlings roots but I pulled out the rootball today and its looking good. She's drinking a lot more now. I gave the top a pinch to slow her down a little. New growth on the SFVs is looking green except 2 of them seem to be drinking a lot slower and aren't growing much, but they have good roots like the others so I'll probably keep em. Gonna get some green cleaner on payday then flip to flower.

Seedling
0327182213 HDR

0328180712 HDR

New growth on SFV
0327182148 HDR

erocknroll

erocknroll

Going smoothly in veg so far. A couple of the SFVs are really taking off. All of them have pretty well established roots now. I topped one really tall SFV and my rando OG. Probably gonna give the other 2 more vigorous ones a topping before I flip. Plan on flipping on sunday or monday. Had to ease off on feeding the gelato also. She doesn't need as much food as the OGs. Cookies never seem to be heavy feeders.

Some SFV roots
0404182235 HDR

Looking healthier
0404182237 HDR

Topped OG seedling (should've done it earlier smh)
0404182304 HDR

Seedling shooting as many roots as it can
0404182303 HDR

Last edited:
erocknroll

erocknroll

Whats up yall? Sorry I ghosted but I'm back. Came back from a small vacation and the gelato had pm that was starting to spread to the SFVs. My homie said he had some cuts for me so I killed all the girls I had going and started fresh. Cleaning the tent in between of course and letting it sit empty for about 2 weeks. Got only 4 plants going now that were gifted to me. 1 GSC, 1 GG#4 (supposedly), 1 Top Secret OG (chem x OG I believe), and 1 Garanimals (Grap Pie x Animal Cookies) Today marks day 30 of flowering.
Here's some pics:

0418180650 HDR
0501182212 HDR

Transplanted
0501182229 HDR

Topped then flipped
0509182241 HDR

Stretched
0522182250a HDR

Flower pics from the last couple days:

GG#4
0608182232 HDR

GSC
0608180640b HDR

Top Secret OG
0608180640a HDR

erocknroll

erocknroll

Now here's the problem, the garanimals is starting to show some issues. Just started like yesterday and I think its a magnesium deficiency but I'm looking for a second opinion.
0608182225 HDR
0608182226 HDR
0608182226b HDR

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

erocknroll

erocknroll

Nah it hasn't been drying out. They drink mad slow since they're only under a t5 fixture but I still water them at least every other day. The garanimals especially drinks slower and the ph has been stable around 5.7-6.0. My ec meter batteries died 3 days ago and I still haven't replaced them. The damn thing went through 3 battery changes in a month, should probably get a new one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom