Common Hemp/Cannabis/Marijuana Diseases

• Thread starter Kanashiihawk63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
As more and more of us are cultivating our own cannabis (whether for high THC or high CBD) the diseases that plaque hemp/cannabis/marijuana are often the same and are showing up more and more in home grows (both indoors and out!) especially as clones are traded and crossbred with other strains. As this is a new industry, we are future breeders need to ask ourselves, are we breeding for HEALTH of the plant as well as just "High THC". Minor cannabinoids can make a HUGE difference in your "high" or what you wish your plant to achieve for YOU. Either way, we are all faced with the same pathogens (and some of the TOBACCO LEAF pathogens <pests/viruses/bacterium> are also now beginning to cross infest cannabis crops).
> https://apsjournals.apsnet.org/doi/10.1094/PHP-03-20-0017-RS
It can be a bit cerebral and scientific but because I am not really studying cannabis phenotypes and genotypes this kind of thing fascinates me. It also teaches me how to catch things before it becomes an "Uh oh! Now what??" Enjoy, I had to read it in snippets to digest it. But it's great reading!
Warmly,
Jackie

Latest posts

Top Bottom