Compact Plant

• Thread starter Mr.Juice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

It’s seems like it’s growing like a champ. It’s under full spectrum LED.

full spectrum, of LED UV 400-410nm Blue 450-460nm Red 620-630nm IR 740nm full spectrum COB white 5500K

Upload 2019 2 28 16 58 11
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It’s seems like it’s growing like a champ. It’s under full spectrum LED.

full spectrum, of LED UV 400-410nm Blue 450-460nm Red 620-630nm IR 740nm full spectrum COB white 5500K

That's interesting. I have to admit I have almost Zero experience with the newer LED lighting tech, I'm a bit old school stuck in my ways and use flouro and MH for Veg and HPS for flower. I'm certainly not used to seeing plants that grow short like that.

But like I said it looks healthy. Would be great for tent growing where height is a concern.

Reactions: Ina
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

@jumpincactus , if I were using some T5s or other fluorescent. At what point would you put under bigger light?

I have two more seeds that I just germinated, same variety. They just have first leaves right now. Will compare. Think it would be safe to assume if they grow stumpy then it’s the light, if they don’t, it’s probably genetic

tom29625

tom29625

I'm MO
You don't need to start training yet, let her grow out for a couple weeks.
The nodes will spread out later. It's normal bro keep doing what your doing.
@Dirtbag sorry for being a bit sassy lol you can see the plant has 1 top in the centre though, that's the auxins doing there job
That's interesting. I have to admit I have almost Zero experience with the newer LED lighting tech, I'm a bit old school stuck in my ways and use flouro and MH for Veg and HPS for flower. I'm certainly not used to seeing plants that grow short like that.

But like I said it looks healthy. Would be great for tent growing where height is a concern.
My first grow is with clamp on Walmart type (11) LED Daylight bulbs for seedlings and veg and soft white bulbs for flowering.
I super cropped with my intent for 12"-15" because of limited space .
Organic soil, with organic rose plant fertilizer. 76 day time temperature, 60 night. I also topped a few and FIM'ED a few. I germinated 21 seeds, I have 11 growing . Several strains I collected from my trips to Colorado. Redheaded stranger for sure. Possibly hash plant, tres star, or a couple others.
Thanks for sharing your information .
I thought I would share mine.
DSC 1454
DSC 1454
DSC 1454
DSC 1405

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jumpincactus , if I were using some T5s or other fluorescent. At what point would you put under bigger light?

I have two more seeds that I just germinated, same variety. They just have first leaves right now. Will compare. Think it would be safe to assume if they grow stumpy then it’s the light, if they don’t, it’s probably genetic
I typicall run em under t5s until 6 or 7 nodes. I run perpetual so when the flower room empties my veggers are off to a good start at 6/7 nodes.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I think you'll see a big difference in the way they grow under a T5.

And I think you had that backwards, If they grow stumpy under T5 it could be genetic but you rarely see mutations across a whole batch of seeds, they're more often one offs..Like 1 seed in a pack of a hundred could grow with mutation. sometimes more, some less.

But I strongly suspect it's the light intesnsity, spectrum, or both that's causing your plant to grow like that.

Last edited:
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

And I think you had that backwards, If they grow stumpy under T5 it could be genetic but y.

I should have been more clear, I have two more seedlings under the same light, cob led. So if those ones come out the same way it’s probably the light, if they come up normal I think it’s genetics of the first one

it’s got quite the serious stem. About 1/2” thick at the base. In the end I think it will be fine and would benefit for the extra headspace it will give.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Thought I’d put a quick update. Working on conditions, have humidity situation better (34-49% Min max RH) Don’t think I can complain with temp range 19-24C. Watering ph at ~6.5. Sensical mag xtra and using Nutriplus A+B. She’s packing a good amount of growth, still stumpy tho.

Upload 2019 3 5 15 9 45

Madbud

Madbud

Getting started on my third grow. Blue Dream photoperiod started from seed. What I’m wondering is that there is essentially no internodal space, is this normal? Pic attached is 13 days after appearance of first set of true leaves. Is it getting too much light. Started with 600w COB full spectrum LED. Now under 1200w same light type. Hung at 2.5 ft height from top of plant, 25C and 35% RH. Any comments appreciated.
Are you using a fan?

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

@Hdinkleman thanks for sharing, how old is that one?

@Madbud yeah i have airflow directed right at it

H

Hdinkleman

@Hdinkleman thanks for sharing, how old is that one?

@Madbud yeah i have airflow directed right at it
it is 60 days from seed, it was mainlined so stunted about 3 weeks and also probably didnt uppot it fast enough but at the time i wanted to suppress its growth due to space issues

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

If anyone could chime in, at what point should I crop the top. If I did it now, would that possibly help and make side branches stretch out more? Or should I wait?
It’s been 4 weeks since first leaves at this point. Open to help and suggestions here. Thanks again to all for your input

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If anyone could chime in, at what point should I crop the top. If I did it now, would that possibly help and make side branches stretch out more? Or should I wait?
It’s been 4 weeks since first leaves at this point. Open to help and suggestions here. Thanks again to all for your input
You could do it now, and yes it will cause side branches to grow more. You dont need to take much, just nip the very tip off. Just keep in mind it will take a while to rearrange its hormones and probably wont grow at all for a few days, but it should start branching out within a week or so.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Getting started on my third grow. Blue Dream photoperiod started from seed. What I’m wondering is that there is essentially no internodal space, is this normal? Pic attached is 13 days after appearance of first set of true leaves. Is it getting too much light. Started with 600w COB full spectrum LED. Now under 1200w same light type. Hung at 2.5 ft height from top of plant, 25C and 35% RH. Any comments appreciated.
This happens under the LEDS I started with. It's fine.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

You could do it now, and yes it will cause side branches to grow more. You dont need to take much, just nip the very tip off. Just keep in mind it will take a while to rearrange its hormones and probably wont grow at all for a few days, but it should start branching out within a week or so.

Well, thought I’d have a peek and clip the top, but I don’t think I’d even be able to get in there without damaging any of the other growing tips. So super tight in there
Upload 2019 3 6 17 32 54

I don’t think I want to do it here:
Upload 2019 3 6 17 37 4

Think it would be too much

It’s crazy how dense it is, was hard to get a shot of the stem

Upload 2019 3 6 17 42 48

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I snipped the top, will see how it goes.
But I think I have my verdict. Stumpy girl is just some sort of genetic variation.

Recap: stumpy girl at 11 days after first true leaves
Upload 2019 3 10 12 48 13

Two other two blue dreams I planted. 12 days after true leaves:
Upload 2019 3 10 12 49 57

Upload 2019 3 10 12 50 26

These are nowhere near as stumpy, pretty much same conditions

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Figured I’d update on lil miss stumpy. This is 6 weeks after first true leaves. Its only like a foot high.
Upload 2019 3 20 18 45 4

I trimmed up the branches and took off small shoots bottom 1/3rd. Left all the main stems

Upload 2019 3 20 18 47 7

For comparison, sowed the other two blue dreams. They are 3 weeks after first leaves

Upload 2019 3 20 18 49 22

Upload 2019 3 20 18 51 27

Latest posts

Top Bottom