Company makes any plant produce THC and the tomatoes are especially yummy

• Thread starter KAL EL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KAL EL

KAL EL

June 1, 2009

Oakdale, CA: Scientists at Montsaint Genie Tech Inc. announced today that they have successfully transferred the gene segment that produces the psychotropic chemical THC in cannabis plants to many other common garden plants, including tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, and more.

“We probably can put the THC segment into almost any plant in existence,” says lead scientist Rebeca Vale. “It’s a very simple process. We are starting work on oak and maple trees now.”

Asked if the resulting plants could be used in ways similar to cannabis, Vale replied, “Well, you can’t make twine out of a tomato plant, but if someone were to dry it and smoke it, all of the medicinal and psychotropic effects of marijuana would be present. And what’s more, we have learned that tomatoes, in particular, actually produce more THC than cannabis itself.”

But is it legal? “Actually, yes,” says Vale. “Our research qualifies as GMO ‘intellectual property’, as does the process itself. Since tomatoes and other plants are not illegal, a person would be well within the law to grow them and use them as they please.”

Vale says that her company is working on a spray that will transfer the segment to many plants simply by spraying the leaves of seedlings.

“It’s a very simple process,” she says. “Anyone can do it. We plan to start selling the spray - ‘Genie Mist’ - in a matter of weeks. One bottle will sell for five dollars and be capable of treating 6,000 seedlings.”

But how do the tomatoes taste? “Scrumptious,” Vale says. “But, of course, they are best when roasted.”

I

in the air

do you have a link for this i would love to see it. i found some info once about thc in fruit made by man and it ended up being a hoax. i sure hope its true this time hahaha but last time it was not a spray the was breeding it into the fruit.

ITA

I

in the air

how pissed would the police be if i could grow oranges with thc in them hahaha I would call it the feild of dreams lol

S

StonedOwl

:confused0054: Maybe this is the future.....Wow what a fantastic concept. Imagine growing tomatoes, corn, carrots, anything! Right in your back yard then getting high off them......That's one of the most amazing things I have ever heard, if it really works.

What the hell is the government gonna do now, ban all the fruits and vegetables we eat?

Suck it Uncle Sam, suck it good.

KAL EL

KAL EL

I think some strawberries would be the first ones I would try.

I

in the air

hahaha yeah strawberry would taste the best. i was thinking of the weight lol maybe watermelon grapefruit or the giant pumpkins hahaa

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I am waiting for them to cross it with my lawn seed...... LMAO

H

Highagain

Hope they dont spray it on tobacco, then it will become addictive lol.

R

Rural_GrowOp

I second that.

Thats incredible. I will never give up my love for smoking bud but it would be great to have a whole veggie garden full of THC producing plants.

Here is a link I found to the story.

http://metaedit.invalid.com/post/116622882/scientists-at-montsaint-genie-tech-inc-announced

R

ReelBusy1

I want a watermelon & Jack Herer cross.....
:smiley_joint:

S

StonedOwl

Imagine a THC filled watermelon, ya cut a small hole in it, and stick a bottle of vodka in there upside down, then let it set in your fridge over night.

That sounds like the most amazing thing ever to me.

Billygoat

Billygoat

This is new news for Oakland but old technology. This isn't the first time that THC has been spliced over to a fruit or veggie.

Can't remember the year, but in Florida. There are a professor that cross the THC over to oranges. He gave out a couple thousands seeds If I'm correct. Before law enforcement shut him down. Their reason, people getting high and them not knowing it. The really where concern about cross pollination with Florida's orange crops.

I'll try and dig the info up. Been a long time since anyone talked about this. I've always wondered how many people really got those seeds. I was from Florida and lived there during that time. Man, just to be able to eat a high powered orange and get baked. lolol
Later,
BG

BombBP

BombBP

So, would this spray be a plant virus in a bottle, maybe?

N

Nuglover

i think they are working on that, actually.......

Actually they are. Was reading about this thing with the UN. I can't remember what it was called though. The outcome would mean it would be illegal to grow your own food crops.(any fruit or veggies)

P

punkadc

ya nug, you know what im talkin about... i cant remember the name of it either, hence the vagueness of my comment..lol... but its some scary stuff, for sure...

Latest posts

Top Bottom