Completely new and in trouble

• Thread starter CTAZ13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

Ok so male plant parts on the left female on the right notice that both have stipules (what you were confusing as pistil) sometimes you don't notice pistils develope until near flowering but another tell tale sign of it being female is the stipules cross or come together near the top not always but quite often. Also notice the Calyx vs the Pollen sac> Pollen sacs are round and Buds are usually pear shaped. Remember this is just a guide.

Cannabis preflowers diagram sm

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok so male plant parts on the left female on the right notice that both have stipules (what you were confusing as pistil) sometimes you don't notice pistils develope until near flowering but another tell tale sign of it being female is the stipules cross or come together near the top not always but quite often. Also notice the Calyx vs the Pollen sac> Pollen sacs are round and Buds are usually pear shaped. Remember this is just a guide.

View attachment 892335
Thank you, Stipules is what they are not bracts.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The best advice I can give is to listen to this site, it has helped me tremendously. All good stuff in this thread. Here is a pic of both things you are looking at yellow is the "hairs" and the blue is the bracts. Go with feminized or I have gone the cuttings route. Make a nursery and Guaranteed every time!
View attachment 892279
View attachment 892281
And to add.....This was a full blown genetic hermie! No stress..just genetics! It was a feminized seed from a decent seedbank too.
It happens.

Edit..You need to kill that male(s) right now, since it doesn't appear that you wanted pollen. You need to do it properly to avoid risk to any surrounding females! Spray him down with water..soak well to de-activate any live pollen..then chop, bag and seal and dispose of!

Hermie Critical Bilbo

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Agree, I'm having a Miracle-Gro meltdown right now! :/ OP here's a few ideas pulled from that Home Depot link you posted earlier, low-cost & I'm familiar with and would use both products if foxfarm wasn't an option, in fact I spoke with a very informative Kellogg's representative at their 800 number yesterday

The Kellogg's is a soil, the Proven Winners is a peat based product, hope this helps

View attachment 892325View attachment 892326
I've used the Kellogg's, 21 cu.ft. for a raised bed mixed with sand and composted horse manure. I like it. With 25% perlite, it has some not much, would be a good base for pots.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

My ground is rock hard red clay. It is not far from Utah soil. They dont call it the red river for nothing. You can touch my ground with your bare foot at night and still it is warmer than you are. That clay stays so hot. Which is why we feel even hotter than places like houston miami etc. Cause at night we dont cool down as much and ground is still holding heat when sun comes up so doesnt take it near as long to get us back to 100. So I really dont think that would be a good idea. The dustbowl happened here cause once they plowed up the native stuff that would grow here nothing they planted could endure. And the winds are so high it blew away the top soil which is already a joke. But then even native stuff wont grow. I have spots that as large as 10 x 10 and i have tried to amend them with a 1.5 cu foot bag of compost and still nothing growing. LOL Its some rough stuff!! Lots of pink granite throughout which is about the only redeeming soil is right around the granite that has started to decay. W are the Rose Rock capital of the world. Rose Rock is the Oklahoma state rock. Legend goes that they were given to the indians by their God for what they suffered on the trail of tears. They are super cool for sure
My soil is also hard clay. You need to dig holes 6-8' diameter and 18-24" deep then add a peat based potting soil and mulch with manure and/or straw. After harvest dig all the compost into the soil and add more manure, mound it up and cover. About 2 months before planting dig it all in and again add another layer of manure and straw. Once planted manure tea is a must as will help breakdown the clay. It takes several seasons to really get it good. Worth it.😉

Wolfe

Wolfe

You wouldn’t be better off next time trying something with more indica in it. Some of these hybrids are extra finicky. Indicas won’t stretch as much and over all are more beefy and finish earlier. Look into some kind of kush strain. As far as teaching ratios and what product or way to go about it. There’s lots of ways to skin that cat. I make my own soul recipe and that does away with all the guess work. You can transplant those into a soil mix that you build up with amendment (NPK) and the plants could be more healthy. But I would inspect for bugs first and take care of those if you have any. Lots of recipes out here for soil mixes. Or you can just do like most everyone else does and just try pouring money on it. I suggest making a soil mix. If not get really good with ratios and ph control and a lot of guess work.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok thank you good info!

SO the person that told me they were fem obviously either didnt know like myself or just being slick. LOL
My soil is also hard clay. You need to dig holes 6-8' diameter and 18-24" deep then add a peat based potting soil and mulch with manure and/or straw. After harvest dig all the compost into the soil and add more manure, mound it up and cover. About 2 months before planting dig it all in and again add another layer of manure and straw. Once planted manure tea is a must as will help breakdown the clay. It takes several seasons to really get it good. Worth it.😉
It looks like you grew fairly healthy plants, your only real issue was not being able to tell M from F and that kinda fkd up this grow. With the help, advice and tips you can get here you'll find future grows easier. This can be rocket science ( for this old brain) with the amount of new info out there and it can become overwhelming at times. It can also be as easy as stick a seed in the ground and let er grow it all depends on what kind of plant you're looking to harvest.

Those don't look like hermied plants to me, they look like males from the beginning, hermies would have buds with pollen sacks (as a pic above shows) those males have no buds at all. If you have fems ( some pics you have) that have been fertilized the differences between the two should be very obvious by now. Greetings and Good Luck

Top Bottom