Complex Indoor Smell / Air Pressure Issue

• Thread starter Legal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Legal

Hey all, I've browsed on here for quite some time but now that I have a couple projects under my belt I need opinions.

Details :

14 x 12 Sealed Room (Wrapped floors / ceilings / Doors w/zippers)
(6) 1,000w Lights
(5) 3x6 Hydro Trays with 20 Plants Each
(1) 6,500 BTU Wall Mount
(1) 12,000 BTU Wall Mount
(1) Can Filter 150 w/ 12" Max fan blowing air into filter
(1) co2 Burner

Basics:

I need to make sure the area surrounding my room does NOT smell, we are running a business and cannot afford a smell issue.

Problem:

Our room has positive air pressure because the 2 A/C units are blowing into the room and the room is sealed with no way for the air to escape. (Yeah portable a/c with filter on the exhaust duct would have been smarter in hind sight). This means any smell is going to be pushed through any nook and cranny that exists. I can already smell the plants and I'm in panic mode. I can easily install a fan to vent out through the roof creating negative air pressure, BUT I am planning to run a co2 burner once we kick them into flower and the size of the fan to make up for the pressure the a/c units are kicking in would exchange the air in the room every 2 minutes thus wasting all the co2, right?

Let me know what you guys think.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Even with a 150 in that small of a room u can still smell them? If you can't kill the smell mechanically then u need to try chemically. Start with ONA in the room and out. U are going to vent with co2 to counter act the heat right? U can either switch to a bottle, or get a burner with a heat exchanger try plug n' grow, solatel, or green air. The fan ur using for the pressure issue can be put on a cycle timer.

I run my carbon filter 24/7 scrubbing for 23 hours, and vent/exhaust for one hour post light to expel humidity mainly but co2 as well since the plants are done with it and my co2 controller has a photo cell that also shuts down at dark. I have 2 power dampers on a timer for the one hour exhaust.

sedate

sedate

deacon said:
Start with ONA in the room and out

^^^^^^ Do NOT do that.

You can't run ONA in a room with plants - the product will taste like it.

legal said:
Our room has positive air pressure because the 2 A/C units are blowing into the room and the room is sealed with no way for the air to escape.

legal said:
BUT I am planning to run a co2 burner once we kick them into flower and the size of the fan to make up for the pressure the a/c units are kicking in would exchange the air in the room every 2 minutes thus wasting all the co2, right?

This depends on the A/C units.

More info - model/brand of the A/C units please.

legal said:
(1) Can Filter 150 w/ 12" Max fan blowing air into filter

Methinks that's your problem.

The theory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle

The solution:

Run your 150 as a re-circ - with the fan pulling from - instead of pushing into - the filter.

You'll quintuple effective air movement.

Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

I don't understand doors with zippers? IDK is this room a wood framed structure? Or a tent? The wall mounted a/c units?? are they a split system meaning they have a separate indoor and outdoor units? Or window shaker type where the sit in a window with the back half hanging out? Positive air pressure inside the room can only be caused by outside air getting forced into the room. Some of the window shaker a/c units have a setting on them called Economizer or free cooling in with there is a damper on them which allows the fan to take cool outside air such as in the evenings and blow it into the space that needs cooling and not running the compressor thus you get free cooling which works great for your bedroom but not grow room. So check that ito see if there that type also I size My rooms for 2,000 btu's per 1,000 watt light so the 12,000btu unit should be enough by it's self especially since it is in a controlled space with low ambient heat around it. But some pic's would be better to look at to get complete answers. Also if they are window shakes then that is were your smell is coming from because the units are open inside to outside easy check is to start the lights in the grow room and then turn off the lights in the storage room and see if the grow lights shine through the a/c louvers if so smell found this is a good test anyway for find leaks in sealed room because if light gets out so does smell. JM2C

Latest posts

Top Bottom