composted willow bark

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

I hear this is what they use for making rapid rooters. I was wondering if this amazing stuff, that contains auxins from what I understand. I was wondering if it can bought in bulk? I bet mixing this with the average promix soiless mix would boost both root and vegetative growth, Thoughts?

S

spinkus

Dunno BG, I do however know that they are made from "composted tree bark" what kind of tree, i'm not sure but definitely sounds plausible. They call it rubber dirt. Those Rapid Rooters are great.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Wouldn't suprise me, as willow produces salicylic acid. This will help with plant health and innoculation. Would protect a young plant from desease and bugs as it helps the plant starts its Systemic Aquired Resistance. Basically making the plant think its under attack from bugs and desease, this in turn makes the plant healthy, stronger, more vigorous and more likely to repel any attack from an actual pathogen.

T

Thick Smoke

i pm'd guano about something similar the other day. since pussy willow is used for rooting horomone i asked him if a tea made from the branches of the willow would possibly help in the root growth of a matured plant. i plan to do a expierment run and post any info i gain from it.

it would be awsome if you did the same as it would prove to be more controlled with 2 expierments done.

this link was courtisy of guano, http://www.bluestem.ca/willow-article1.htm

B

bluegrass

I am still trying to find a source, for the bark. I can compost it myself with my own blend of wood loving fungi. I am very excited about your experiment friend. I will keep my eye on it for sure! I would love to be a control for the experiment. For it to be true we would need the same strain from clone, with the same environmental conditions or whatever. I wish I could find a source for the bark locally...:(

N

ndnguy

i pm'd guano about something similar the other day. since pussy willow is used for rooting horomone i asked him if a tea made from the branches of the willow would possibly help in the root growth of a matured plant. i plan to do a expierment run and post any info i gain from it.

it would be awsome if you did the same as it would prove to be more controlled with 2 expierments done.

this link was courtisy of guano, http://www.bluestem.ca/willow-article1.htm
Indians used the Red willow around the Great Lakes and the bark they are talking about is the inner bark ,you remove the outer and you will see an inner bark connected to the tree or branch we scraped that off and used it for many things including smoking.:smoke I have no idea what the outer bark is or was used for as we only collected the inner bark of the Willow tree. Hope that helps some...ndn;):hi

Latest posts

Top Bottom