computer (stealth) Growbox??

• Thread starter hot*roach*clip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hot*roach*clip

Hey everyone im looking at making my self a cool stealth grow box out of a comuper tower. im gonna be growing lowryder #2 in there and im wondering if anyone else has done this and what the turn out is like. im only growing for personal use and i dont smoke that much im just getting a bit feed up wit street prices. im a newbe and i kno next to nothing about growing. so if anyone has some advice on what kinda lights to use and what kinda fans to use and stuff like that i would really like to hear it. the other thing is how bad will it stink??? and im germanating my seeds right now so the faster i can do this the better and im also on a pretty tight budget too so keep that in mind ... thanks all, have a nice day!!

H

hailstone

Hehe I love micro grows. The most impressive one I've seen so far is this: http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=64551. He's using a 70W HPS and a couple of PC fans, could work for you too.

It won't be the easiest way to grow for sure but definitely should be an interesting/fun project if you're into DIY stuff. You should do your own grow diary, I know I'd be interested. :)

M

moggggys

sorry gella , absolute shite way to struggle to grow , the problems are many , these are just the easy ones

1 plants are in pots unless hydro ( dont ask the temps get too high for the rez ) a pot has a minimum hight , this means the plant size is very very restrictive , it also means lst ( bending the bastards ) must be used but then where do you bend it too ? theres simply not the room so trimming must also be used which can restrict the quanity of bud on some strains and sure as shit lowryders one of them , the main bulk of bud is the cola , trim it off and your left with sod all

2 lighting is a serious issue , it gives off heat which is a royal bastard to remove from an exclosed space , the relative heat will be huge also and thats imposible to shift without proper fans ( which you wont have room for ) or enviromental controls ( i dare you to attach an aircon ) , also your gunna have bugger all light in there due to space restrictions , leds would be about the best thing and second best is floros , clfs concentrate heat spots like a hps in small spaces and can/will fry the plants

3 strain choice , lets face it if your after one of these your a newbee without access to clones so your growing from seed , lowryders ok but l/r 2 gets bigger so can be a problem from the very start , other strain are also appropriate with iccle stuff like biddy early , most strains strech like a bitch but when you have ineffect zero space to start then every centemetres a nightmere , your gunna be struggling for sure ( sorry )

4 smell , need a scrubber , lowryder stinks , small fan plus hang hint of scrubber means bugger all airflow so overheated plants and wellllll everything turning to shit

5 sod it i could go on but im not gunna , these ideas of grows work brilliantly at extracting cash from people whom dont know better , some people manage it but for the risk of growing and getting caught ballenced to the amount of bud plus initial cost and over all ballache its not worth it ,,,,,,,,so .........

a tool box

its lockable
holes at the back to allow air in and a little computer fan at the top to suck the shit out
plants grow like xmas trees , you get to have more chance of bending and shaping to the hole
you can have shelves to keep babies or split it to perpetual grow hell you can even go hydro if you can get the temps down and this can be dumped in the back of the garage or shed without anyone ever need knowing

you can also concider a towel chest , tv cabinet man the world your oyster , fill in a fireplace with a false front and have a play

Top Bottom