Concerned about possible hermie in late flower.

• Thread starter StuckinKansas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StuckinKansas

StuckinKansas

Ive grown maybe 25 harvests in my life but im not an expert. My current grow is Ice Wreck. They are currently in the eighth week of flower and from what i read, the strain leans sativa and goes 10 weeks. Everything was looking nice (just hoping they fattened up a bit) and then they started pushing new white hairs. A second wave if you will. The more i looked the more i started seeing calyxs that started to concern me. I noticed one that had new white hairs popping out and i kinda opened it a bit and it had what looked like a banana in there too. I ran to get a magnafying glass and some tweezers but when i got back, for the life of me i cant find the site i was inspecting. Now im just tripping. this banana was inside not long and popping out, is that a normal? I guess my question is how can i inspect all my plants to determine if i have any chicks with d!cks? Obviously if you have seeds its already too late so what specifically can i look for? In my paranoia i started digging, pinched the tip off a bud etc. I dont wanna damage them so is there a way without digging into them to know?
I can attach any pics of specific areas if needed. Maybe im tripping. I vegged them and grew them under a 615 cmh until week 6 of flower then put them under a 600hps hoping for deeper penetration to fill out the buds better. I did have my light a hair too close for a few days but it didnt burn or bleach my leaves/buds and i raised the light after i noticed it was fausing the end if the buds to helicopter which was also weird. They grew 2 longer leaves right on the tip. I need to quit rambling. Basically i have 3 questions.
How can i inspect them, what do i look for?
If there is a hermie in the mix, with 2 weeks left will it destroy the crop? Should i cut now to be safe?
I dont have a jewelers loop just a cheap magnifying glass and from as best as i can see the trichs are clear and cloudy, no amber yet. Im pretty sure they need more time and i dont wanna do anything stupid but im just worried. Any advice is appreciated thanks.

Concerned about possible hermie in late flower
Concerned about possible hermie in late flower 2
Concerned about possible hermie in late flower 3
Concerned about possible hermie in late flower 4
Concerned about possible hermie in late flower 5
Concerned about possible hermie in late flower 6
growsince79

growsince79

Two weeks is definitely long enough to destroy a crop if it herms bad enough.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Ive grown maybe 25 harvests in my life but im not an expert. My current grow is Ice Wreck. They are currently in the eighth week of flower and from what i read, the strain leans sativa and goes 10 weeks. Everything was looking nice (just hoping they fattened up a bit) and then they started pushing new white hairs. A second wave if you will. The more i looked the more i started seeing calyxs that started to concern me. I noticed one that had new white hairs popping out and i kinda opened it a bit and it had what looked like a banana in there too. I ran to get a magnafying glass and some tweezers but when i got back, for the life of me i cant find the site i was inspecting. Now im just tripping. this banana was inside not long and popping out, is that a normal? I guess my question is how can i inspect all my plants to determine if i have any chicks with d!cks? Obviously if you have seeds its already too late so what specifically can i look for? In my paranoia i started digging, pinched the tip off a bud etc. I dont wanna damage them so is there a way without digging into them to know?
I can attach any pics of specific areas if needed. Maybe im tripping. I vegged them and grew them under a 615 cmh until week 6 of flower then put them under a 600hps hoping for deeper penetration to fill out the buds better. I did have my light a hair too close for a few days but it didnt burn or bleach my leaves/buds and i raised the light after i noticed it was fausing the end if the buds to helicopter which was also weird. They grew 2 longer leaves right on the tip. I need to quit rambling. Basically i have 3 questions.
How can i inspect them, what do i look for?
If there is a hermie in the mix, with 2 weeks left will it destroy the crop? Should i cut now to be safe?
I dont have a jewelers loop just a cheap magnifying glass and from as best as i can see the trichs are clear and cloudy, no amber yet. Im pretty sure they need more time and i dont wanna do anything stupid but im just worried. Any advice is appreciated thanks.

I had a hermie in my grow, its not as bad as its made out to be?
I got like 6seeds formed seeds and had a bunch growing out th top that I just plucked out (not properly formed)
Had some nanas open etc, all other plants were fine though?
Just keep an eye out n go with it, I think you'll be fine šŸ˜‚

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

If it hermed very early in flowering then you may have had a problem. But near the end, what harm can they do?
If your selling to a dispensory they may not like having a few seeds but otherwise, if you can find them you have your next starts.
Besides you probably seen something you thought was off but isn't.

growsince79

growsince79

If it hermed very early in flowering then you may have had a problem. But near the end, what harm can they do?
If your selling to a dispensory they may not like having a few seeds but otherwise, if you can find them you have your next starts.
Besides you probably seen something you thought was off but isn't.
What harm can they do? The only thing worse than seedy buds are buds with immature seeds. YUK.

karolanne

karolanne

Why people dug up grave like that? Feb 1...

I guess you all have smoked weed with seeds. It's freaking funny! Pop Pop šŸ˜

growsince79

growsince79

It's not just the seed that's gross imo. It's the shell/skin shit around the seed - what I call the afterbirth that tastes like shit. Even with every seed gone it still taste like garbage. I guess I'm spoiled. If it's not a 9 or 10 I throw it away.

karolanne

karolanne

It's not just the seed that's gross imo. It's the shell/skin shit around the seed - what I call the afterbirth that tastes like shit. Even with every seed gone it still taste like garbage. I guess I'm spoiled. If it's not a 9 or 10 I throw it away.
I smoked seeds like 30 years ago. lol Yeah, I know, I'm old. lol I don't remember the taste of it, just the tiny fireworks. lol

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I don't blame you if you don't like it toss it. I have to find time to go through my stuff to seperate out the low quality I call fluff, light buds, pop corn buds, unripe stuff. If it's illegal then dirt weed has the same penalty as great stuff. But I do want to keep a store of seeds. 5-10 years from now this will all be corporate grown stuff. Less and less people will bother to grow their own, seeds will get harder to come by. Corporations will guard their seeds and clones, no employees will walk out the door with them. It will be cheaper to buy really great weed then to try and grow it. There are people who make their own beer and wine but most of it no one would pay a dollar for. Right now freinds say they can buy decent weed for $800 a pound from California. I would guess top shelf stuff would be 1500-1600. I wouldn't turn on the lights for that little bit of money. Farms are putting out an excess and when the farms get bigger prices will drop further. When will the huge corporate farms of California central valley get involved? I'm sure there will always be some small grower's who will turn out a superior product. Like some of the fine Scotch Whiskeys. Thats something I wouldn't even try to do. There are degreed Botanist and Chemist and marketers and huge corporate budgets to be the best. People will always grow their own but few will do it as good as they will. I'll just have my little garden and enjoy what I can grow. I'm pretty sure the best genetics aren't being sold in the seed stores or the clone markets. If you had possesion of something really outstanding you wouldn't give your fortune away. Maybe some of the breeders here will come up with something really top notch. That could be their retirement ticket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom