Concerned with my Species? Or strain?

• Thread starter Azzella
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Azzella

Azzella

(BAG SEEDS) So I recently started growing my first grow. I decided to grow 4 for the first time. I'm using fox farm trio and fox farm ocean forest blend. I water with nutrients every Wednesday and Saturday. They currently have been in the ground for 45days. I grew them in solo cups without nutrients and in coca coir the first 21 days without a set watering schedule. After I transplanted them into 5gallon fabric pots I started a set watering schedule. I have them in veggie stage and plan on flowering in the next 1 or 2 months due to lack of space and light. I had 24/7 100% max light from about a foot away for the first 21 days. They are currently on a 18/6 schedule. My major concern is when I went to my local dispensary and showed them pictures of my grow they began to tell me they werent normal which discouraged me and made me wonder. I thought maybe they were autos since my dispensary claimed they might be. I have no sign of flowering or anything with them being this far into the grow so I dont know about the auto suggestion. They havent been topped just recently trimmed the lowers on two of them. Just wondering what your thoughts about them are? I thought maybe they are so big and short because of the close 24/7 light earlier on?

Concerned with my species or strain
Concerned with my species or strain 2
Concerned with my species or strain 3
Concerned with my species or strain 4
Concerned with my species or strain 5
Concerned with my species or strain 6
Concerned with my species or strain 7
Concerned with my species or strain 8
Concerned with my species or strain 9
Concerned with my species or strain 10
Concerned with my species or strain 11
Concerned with my species or strain 12
Concerned with my species or strain 13
Normski420

Normski420

Need more info please temps,ph,watering schedule etc. I’m not sure if you are or not but you shouldn’t interrupt the girls when they sleeping mate.

dire wolf

dire wolf

(BAG SEEDS) So I recently started growing my first grow. I decided to grow 4 for the first time. I'm using fox farm trio and fox farm ocean forest blend. I water with nutrients every Wednesday and Saturday. They currently have been in the ground for 45days. I grew them in solo cups without nutrients and in coca coir the first 21 days without a set watering schedule. After I transplanted them into 5gallon fabric pots I started a set watering schedule. I have them in veggie stage and plan on flowering in the next 1 or 2 months due to lack of space and light. I had 24/7 100% max light from about a foot away for the first 21 days. They are currently on a 18/6 schedule. My major concern is when I went to my local dispensary and showed them pictures of my grow they began to tell me they werent normal which discouraged me and made me wonder. I thought maybe they were autos since my dispensary claimed they might be. I have no sign of flowering or anything with them being this far into the grow so I dont know about the auto suggestion. They havent been topped just recently trimmed the lowers on two of them. Just wondering what your thoughts about them are? I thought maybe they are so big and short because of the close 24/7 light earlier on?
Hey Azzelia , do not go to a dispensary for growing advice , they don't know a fucking thing .....
They probably worked at Burger King a week ago

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Azzelia , do not go to a dispensary for growing advice , they don't know a fucking thing .....
They probably worked at Burger King a week ago
Your plants look fine , a little peculiar because of the very stout structure and dominant sativa leaf structure , sativa plants are a bit more tall and stretchy

dire wolf

dire wolf

Although......I doubt your dispensary advisor ( no disrespect to you of course ) might have seen what I see , but I doubt it , it might appear that because it's a heavily sativa leaning plant , and because it's stacking so hard on top , that it might be flowering , but that actually dosent make sense because it would have stretched like hell during initial flowering .....but the tops of your plant look a bit like a stacking flowering sativa .....
But I don't think the dispensary dude read it like that so I have no idea why he would say it's an auto flower
Maybe it's an auto whopper without cheese 😜

dire wolf

dire wolf

Could be your lights , are the plants really really close to the lights

dire wolf

dire wolf

Need more info please temps,ph,watering schedule etc. I’m not sure if you are or not but you shouldn’t interrupt the girls when they sleeping mate.
And no disrespect to norm , but a little flash or interruption won't hurt a vegging plant ....it will disrupt a flower cycle though , and if that's what norm was referring to then pay attention , that's excellent advice

Azzella

Azzella

The one in the lower right of the group shot needs closer examination.
Here are some pictures of the lower right one. It has yellow spots. These spot as far as I can remember have been on the plant since the first few days of the grow and seem to have progressed but havent worsened.

20210426 125730
20210426 125736
20210426 125744
20210426 125815
20210426 125833
Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks like something is going on with nutrients on this one. I don't see any sign of bugs like I originally thought but looks like lockout stress or just severely lacking several things.. Nothing changed with this one though nutrient wise? No time release in the soil on this one?

Azzella

Azzella

they sleeping mate.
I haven't kept accurate readings of my temps or watering schedule but the temperature is around 70f durning days and low around 60f at night. The ph is between 6-6.5. Water schedule is 2 times weekly each getting 1/4 of a gallon of water with 7.5 Ml of fox farm Grow Big and Big Bloom every feeding. I havent flushed the soil at all. I dont have a tent for them so I have them in a corner of my closet where they spend most of there time. I let them get sunlight all days on sundays when I can. My light I am using is a pider Farmer SF-1000. I have it right now about 6 or so inches from the top of the plant at 100%. I didnt have them out durning their sleep was about 30min before. Had them in the closet before 12pm. I try to keep them under light from 6am to 12pm.

Azzella

Azzella

Could be your lights , are the plants really really close to the lights
This is what I was thinking too. I tend to keep the light just barely above the tallest plant which I just decided to top earlier today. I wasnt too sure on whether to top or not this late or how too.

Azzella

Azzella

Your plants look fine , a little peculiar because of the very stout structure and dominant sativa leaf structure , sativa plants are a bit more tall and stretchy
They seem to be really stout like you say which isnt what I though they were supposed to look like. I'm pretty inexperienced with this being my first grow. I honestly thought they were Indica leaves but my lack in seeing plants in person doesn't help. I guess why they would say it's an auto is because the height which is one of my biggest stumps.

Azzella

Azzella

Looks like something is going on with nutrients on this one. I don't see any sign of bugs like I originally thought but looks like lockout stress or just severely lacking several things.. Nothing changed with this one though nutrient wise? No time release in the soil on this one?
I didn't see any increase in yellowing or getting worse over time. Even after feeding it nutrients. All of the nutrients is liquid added to faucets water or hose water that has been setting in a bucket with adjusted ph after everything is added to my 1 gallon jug

Homesteader

Homesteader

Could be that something is going on with the roots then. Perhaps they are rotting or getting attacked. I would definitely investigate the cause.

dire wolf

dire wolf

The leaves in these pics are very thin and long that's a characteristic of a sativa dominant plant
6 inches from any light is too close in my book

Azzella

Azzella

The leaves in these pics are very thin and long that's a characteristic of a sativa dominant plant
6 inches from any light is too close in my book
I'll have to adjust it. I guess they looked wide to me but that just means I havent seen a real indica.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Chop that sick plant chances are it wont come back its already severely stunted. Those genetics look bad ass its Sativa leafs but with a shorter and stocky Indica like structure. Im willing to bet it comes out dank as fuck some of the best herb I have grown is from bagseed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom