confused about light height from plants

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

i have a ts 3000 dimmable light about 24" from my plants and turned up to around 40% with 3 week old purple kush autos.
what difference ,if any, would it make to lower the light and turn down the intensity?

and while i'm here, how big would the rootball on a 3 wk old auto be? the top 3" of my OC soil is dry but it's moist to wet any deeper.
plants look good i think, but maybe a bit small because i over watered when i transplanted.

thanks guys
dean

Observationist

Observationist

youre electricty/ac/heat bill minus canopy coverage.

can get a PPFD meter app on smartphones and get an estimation of what the PPFD is at @ what height.

J

JDC

Download lux app on your phone and search the forum for lux values for different parts of your grow... for me it's 30k sprout, 50k veg, 80k flower, lower at the end.

Par meter and actually knowing what you're doing is better but some data is better than no data.

D

dean1963

Download lux app on your phone and search the forum for lux values for different parts of your grow... for me it's 30k sprout, 50k veg, 80k flower, lower at the end.

Par meter and actually knowing what you're doing is better but some data is better than no data.
i have a lux meter on my phone.
everything i've read on the good old trusty internet says 7000 lux for seedlings and 25-35000 for veg then up to 50,000 for late flowering.
as usual there is no good solid advice for the newb

freezeland2

freezeland2

i have a lux meter on my phone.
everything i've read on the good old trusty internet says 7000 lux for seedlings and 25-35000 for veg then up to 50,000 for late flowering.
as usual there is no good solid advice for the newb
I was gonna note that a sprout would fry under 30k lux. Your numbers cited from internet searches is more in line. Personally I start seedlings under fluorescent at about 3500 to 5000 lux. 7000 is a little high for a sprout but a 7 - 10 day old seedling sure.

D

dean1963

I was gonna note that a sprout would fry under 30k lux. Your numbers cited from internet searches is more in line. Personally I start seedlings under fluorescent at about 3500 to 5000 lux. 7000 is a little high for a sprout but a 7 - 10 day old seedling sure.
thanks for an honest reply. it seems they're getting less and less here for newbs.
almost looks like some of these guys with a low post count just want to screw the newbs, that's why i only listen to you guys with lots of post.
thanks again

freezeland2

freezeland2

thanks for an honest reply. it seems they're getting less and less here for newbs.
almost looks like some of these guys with a low post count just want to screw the newbs, that's why i only listen to you guys with lots of post.
thanks again
Lots of posts don’t make for a good grower, experience does though. There is a lot of experienced growers on this forum. Stick around you’ll figure out who gives good or bad advice.

Top Bottom