confused by flushing

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

i am coming into my last week(9th) of my trainwreck by greenhouse seeds, i am using canna for coco as my nutrients seen as i have been using the whole canna range i will be going with canna flush to flush,at the moment in the 8th week i am using boost and cannazm(i will be reusing the soil) and i should use the same for the 9th week,but with flushing will i be best to flush for the 9 th week and a extra week to take it to 10 weeks. really confused by this flushing game. so shall i ditch the nutrients for the last week and go with 2 weeks of flushing taking it to 10 weeks total?

P

ProGroWannabe

For most strains, I usually wait until I see the first decent sized percentage of the trichs going cloudy, then begin a two week flush. Don't get too concerned on the stated flower time of any strain. All individual phenos will vary, as well as the variable of environment. Environment plays a smaller role in shortening or lengthening a plants flower time, but nonetheless, it does play a role.

Long-story-short, just watch your trichs. When they begin to turn, start the flush and run plain ph'd water for 2 weeks. Keep it simple bro--you'll be fine.

wambam123

wambam123

dont have anything to see the trichs,so ill flush for 2 week starting in the 9th week and give it a extra week(10th week) has anyone grown trainwreck before just to see how long they flushed before.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
With my Canna coco and nutes I flush for a average of 10 to 14 dayz and I may use a little molasses during the flush but thats it . I think if ya do this you will be more then happy with the results:party

wambam123

wambam123

gonna go with my canna flush how much run off do i need when i am flushing

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I water until I see them start to drip at a steady pace and that should work great

H

hongkong

i use promix or fox farm when i flush i flush the fuck outta them. straight up filling them 4 times with water and then giving them a solution of sucanat that i cook into a gallon of water. the carbs in it will give your herbs structure and it will leave you with a wonderful taste (not to say that you wouldnt have that any way) but its basically like using botanicares sweet, but its cheaper

S

sticky3

i dont use a microscope either... i wait till my hairs are about 65-75 percent red then flush 2 weeks with ph'd water

B

BITYmagicBeanz

yep i second that from T.H.C use no chemical in your flush atall. just clean water. and for me i flush for 3weeksand 2 days. and the ash burns pure white. not a black bit in site

S

Simple Simon

I have a Shiva plant that has about 4 wks to go and I always used pH balanced water on my plants at flushing time. After reading this thread I think I will give plane water a shot , thanks everyone for the tip & thanks for starting the thread wambam123 .

D

Dr Herbal

I was using cana flush for 2 weeks and the weed tasted bland so i had a chat at my local grow shop they said to try a week insted the next crop was bit better not good enough tho so now i use the flush for 3days then water rest of week and its dam sweet and i would say that going that extra week on your nuks gives that little bit more yield that carnt be a bad thing

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
non ph-ed water eh, will the plants not suffer from the ph shock?

cheers!

Crazy Composer

Crazy Composer

A Grower
Supporter
T.H.C.,

I'm interested in your "non-pH'd' flushing idea. Sounds feasible.

Only thing is... non-pH'd water DOES have a pH. If the water you use falls into the normal, healthy range for growing pot plants, it's the same result as when you DO adjust.

For example, if your water source has a pH of 6.2... then the plant will still have access to the nutes in the medium. With your idea, you would have to adjust the 6.2 pH water down or up to get it out of healthy range. The idea is to cause lockout during the flush, right? So we'd want to adjust --let's say-- upward from 6.2 to something like 7.5-8 to get the pH so bad the plants can't take up their nutrients.

So, it's not just a matter of using non pH'd water, it's a matter of using water with a pH that locks out nutrient uptake.

It's an interesting idea, for sure. I'd have to try it to believe it though. My initial feeling is that by raising or lowering the pH out of normal ranges, or by using water that is already naturally out of range, you'll be locking out the normal nutrients, but opening up the ability of the plant to take in other kinds of minerals that aren't available to the plants in their normal pH environment. In other words... cutting off your nose to spite your face. But maybe not.

My flushes have always been about having very little nutrient in the medium by the time flushing starts, then flushing with water at about 6.0 pH, which allows the plant to use up what little is left in the medium, leaving the medium essentially bare of nutrient value. Carbohydrates have a role, too, but that's not what we're talking about here.

I don't know... does anyone else have any anecdotal experience using pH imbalanced water to flush with? This is interesting to me because it sort of makes sense! :)

Top Bottom