Confused...

• Thread starter little Big Nug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

little Big Nug

Ok guys,
Its been a little bit since we have posted and have been hard at work on this first grow.
The girls have come along quite well considering the rough start...
We are now in the start of the fouth week of flower.
Here are the stats..
12 on 12 off
PH 5.5 - 5.9
water temp 67-69
ppms 1300
RH 41-51

This first set of pics are how they look just before the lights come on.

This second set are early morning about 3 hours after lights are off.
Is it normal that they look so tired after 12 hours of light?
In the afternoon a few hours before the lights come on they are back to normal...
Photo 2

Photo 4

Photo 1

Confused 4

Confused 5

Confused 6

Confused 7

Confused 8

Confused 9

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
What's your ppm (or EC) and Ph doing in a 24 hour period without adding anything to the Rez?

-ALLegal420

jagle

jagle

are your temps / humidity the same at lights off as 1 hour after lights on?

Giddeon

Giddeon

lol. ya only joined last month!

i'm not sure what "normal" is, but mine experience this as well.

on an unrelated note, do you have a chiller? i keep my water cooler.

Haha, nice papa i noticed that as well,

but this happens to me as well if I am reading this right your leaves droop at night. All my strains usually "go to sleep" when the lights are off, some more than others, and usually more so when the plants are somewhat stressed. I keep my chiller set at 62* these days which usually keeps my root zone right at 65*. I have also backed way off on my nutrients giving the plants 1/2 to 1/3 of my usual feeding schedule and the results seem to be turning out quite well.

nebulius

nebulius

they are definitely look like they are in some sort of shock. whats your room temp? fluctuating room temps of more than 10deg could be a possibility.

F

flooid

Giddeon , i too experience this "sleeping" ... its actually the plants transpiring at night that causes this. The dew point in nature usually holds moisture higher at night.. therefore natually counter-acting the de-hydrating CLAW effect on your leaves you seem to be seeing.. do yo have fresh air just pounding in hehydrating rapidly or anything?? your plants shouldn't be whippin around in fans.. just a gentle breeze.. just a tip .. but as also pointed out.. this could be a ph swing at night.. or many other factors also.. but it is normal for plants to droop at night.. that just looks a bit excessive

flooid

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Ditto...nothing to be worried about. We did a time lapse video and when you watch it, it looks like the plants are breathing in, then breathing out......pretty cool.

L

little Big Nug

Hey ALL,
The ppms and the PH both seem to climb in a 24 hour period.
the PH will go from 5.5 to 6.0 in 24 hours and the ppms will go from 1250 to 1300.
The room temp tends to stay at aroung 73 to 75 but the RH swings from 50-60 lights off to 45-50 lights on...
LBN

L

little Big Nug

Jagle,
No the temps and RH really vary between lights on vs light off?
LBN

L

little Big Nug

Papa,
Thanks for your reply...Mad props to you and all you have done!!
To have you looking at this is an honor.

Yes I do have a chiller and It is keeping the water between 64-65 at all times.

Here is a pic of our room. I relly am having a hard time keeping control of the RH now that the girls have gotten so big. I need a dehumidifier but I am not sure what size to get?

Oher than that all seems to be fine. I had a problem with the drain on one of the buckets and pulled the top to find about 8' of roots going out the bucket and down the drain.
LBN

L

little Big Nug

Giddeon,
Wow, all I can say is Huge fan!!! You have done some amazing shit on here...
We have dropped of the nutes from 1300 to 1100 hope this is the change needed. The strange thing is that the girls look slumpy at the top, but they have not stopped growing and flowering. These girls have doubled in size in the last two weeks. We have four weeks left,will they get much larger over the next three or will they be calming down?
ONe other question I have is We are running co2, should I be running co2 all the way to the end?

LBN

L

little Big Nug

Neb,
Thanks for your reply,
The room temps are between 73-75
the RH seems to bounce more though?

LBN

L

little Big Nug

After making adjustments, we may have a little breating room...
This system is not for the weak hearted nor for the weak minded...

04 2

07 3

09 3

09 2

08 1

06 3

01 2

L

little Big Nug

Here are more pics of what is going on underneath...
03 3

05 1

05 3

03 1

06 1

05 2

L

little Big Nug

Papa,
So I lowered the lamps and got the RH down to 45-47.
I set the ppms just below 1200 and the room temp at about 74-78.
Do you think they are a little slow for just starting 5th week of flower?
LBN

Giddeon

Giddeon

Now this all depends on your strain but.... Usually for me all the colas have formed into their final size by about mid week 5 and then only bulk and ripen from week 6 till the end. I have however had runs that look like this in week 6, that was the run I pulled branches out of the cage lower than they should be to try to get more surface area around the plant. It ended up stressing the plants beyond belife and I hit ~1lb per on that run.

Just an FYI: I have been keeping my room at 60-70% RH the best I can and doing so seems to help the overall health and vigor of my plants.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Giddeon,
Wow, all I can say is Huge fan!!! You have done some amazing shit on here...
We have dropped of the nutes from 1300 to 1100 hope this is the change needed. The strange thing is that the girls look slumpy at the top, but they have not stopped growing and flowering. These girls have doubled in size in the last two weeks. We have four weeks left,will they get much larger over the next three or will they be calming down?
ONe other question I have is We are running co2, should I be running co2 all the way to the end?

LBN

Your plants should be ending their stretch phase at this point and those nugs should start to swell up.

I run Co2 all throughout veg and up through week 6 of flower, my ppms peak in weeks 1-4 of flower and I turn my burner completely off in week 7.

Hope that helps a bit.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Papa,
So I lowered the lamps and got the RH down to 45-47.
I set the ppms just below 1200 and the room temp at about 74-78.
Do you think they are a little slow for just starting 5th week of flower?
LBN

'seems like you're right on with temp and rh.
'like G said, bud development is going to be strain specific, but it looks like yours are just a bit smaller than my usual at start of 5th week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom