Connecting Drain-Away saucers to half-inch hose?

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

This should be a simple fix. I have previously grown indoor crops using the CocoforCannabis method, specifically including the homemade self-draining saucers. With those, I took a half-inch hose and ran it through one section and glued to another. That just gave me too many leak issues, so now I've bought 4 12" Drain-Away trays instead.

My only issue now is how to connect the 3/4" threaded output from the Drain-Away saucer to my self-draining system using the 1/2" hose. I don't want to hard-plumb everything with PVC pipes, just adapt the 3/4 drain to my existing hose, if possible. I could replace the 1/2" hose with 3/4" if that is easier.

Moshmen

Moshmen

This should be a simple fix. I have previously grown indoor crops using the CocoforCannabis method, specifically including the homemade self-draining saucers. With those, I took a half-inch hose and ran it through one section and glued to another. That just gave me too many leak issues, so now I've bought 4 12" Drain-Away trays instead.

My only issue now is how to connect the 3/4" threaded output from the Drain-Away saucer to my self-draining system using the 1/2" hose. I don't want to hard-plumb everything with PVC pipes, just adapt the 3/4 drain to my existing hose, if possible. I could replace the 1/2" hose with 3/4" if that is easier.
Home Depot or lowes has a pieces to make an adapter that threads on the pvc and a barbed hose fitting should work for ya

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Picked up four brass 3/4" female threaded to 3/8" barb and a roll of 3/8" hose. Plus a new bucket. The hoses will go through grommeted holes in the bucket (which reminds me I need grommets). I will place a sump pump in the bucket to pump the water out to a large bucket outside the tent. Time to get everything set up for another Coco grow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom