Connoisseur vs H&G vs Canna, Which is best for Coco,& Y

• Thread starter ibTheMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ibTheMan

Connoisseur vs H&G vs Canna, Which is best for Coco,& Why?

i swithched to connoisseur from GH and have had nothing but problems (maybe its me, but ah friend is usen it to, and his problems seem to b start'n). I use Sunshine#4 w/ added course Perlite

Anyway ive heard good things about both H&G and Canna, i have not really heard much about about Connoisseur on the forums.(just that AN sucks,lol)

So my Question is, has anyone used Connoisseur ,H&G, and Canna, if so which is better between H&G and Canna, what made you quit connoissucky?
Im not talk'n AN additives, just bases, but if you like other addies with H&G or Canna do tell.

i have plants in all different stages all different mixs with connoisseur and all could be healthier.

i dont want a Bash'n thread just a helpful one that helps everyone.
I want a fert that threats me as good as GH has, but newwer better(hopefully) Thanks Everyone.

I

ibTheMan

I cant find it either homie!! Thats why I stop looking and went back to GH. Plants have been thanking me ever since.

You run connoisseur before too?
yah im go'n back to GH, w/ some AN addies. i was hope'n that H&G or Canna would be similar to GH but maybe ah little better do to be'n alot newwer and should be made with higher quality ingredients.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Right on G.O.D. I'm using GH for the first time this run and like it. I used the green Grow in very small quantities in early flower. I thought it probably wasn't needed but didn't hurt anything. I also find that PH is more stable with this base nute. I used Tradewinds SBA /SBB last couple runs (PH not as stable but great base nute IMO) with great success. Since I went coco this run wanted to go with a coco friendlier base nute.

I see you (G.O.D.) use Drip Clean at double the recommended dose. I use it now every feeding (I think it was you that replied to my post on that, thanks!) at like .5 per feed and all is good. I've been feeding pretty heavy every watering with no burn. Last night (week 6 flower ECSD, Chemdog #4/OG, SFV OG) watered to like 10% runoff with 1100 ppm (.5 conversion) full dose of Overdrive and other goodies. My runoff tested 1850 ppm. Still no issues. Just huge colas...:)

Given the high runoff ppm I think I'll water to more runoff more often. I'm gonna give em straight RO (with Drip Clean) here in the next few days. I figured upping the Drip Clean couldn't hurt much. Its cheap enough I don't mind wasting a bit.

Sorry IB if I was off topic. I've heard mostly bad stuff about Connisouer on this and other forums. I guess its super strong. Gotta be really careful in the first few weeks I hear.

I

ibTheMan

Right on G.O.D. I'm using GH for the first time this run and like it. I used the green Grow in very small quantities in early flower. I thought it probably wasn't needed but didn't hurt anything. I also find that PH is more stable with this base nute. I used Tradewinds SBA /SBB last couple runs (PH not as stable but great base nute IMO) with great success. Since I went coco this run wanted to go with a coco friendlier base nute.

I see you (G.O.D.) use Drip Clean at double the recommended dose. I use it now every feeding (I think it was you that replied to my post on that, thanks!) at like .5 per feed and all is good. I've been feeding pretty heavy every watering with no burn. Last night (week 6 flower ECSD, Chemdog #4/OG, SFV OG) watered to like 10% runoff with 1100 ppm (.5 conversion) full dose of Overdrive and other goodies. My runoff tested 1850 ppm. Still no issues. Just huge colas...:)

Given the high runoff ppm I think I'll water to more runoff more often. I'm gonna give em straight RO (with Drip Clean) here in the next few days. I figured upping the Drip Clean couldn't hurt much. Its cheap enough I don't mind wasting a bit.

Sorry IB if I was off topic. I've heard mostly bad stuff about Connisouer on this and other forums. I guess its super strong. Gotta be really careful in the first few weeks I hear.

Naw, there is no off topic about ferts, i like what you have to say, what did you do about CalMag cause every time i run anything OG it seems to need CalMag like crazy and i use tap water.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I use the botanicare cal mag at 5 ml/gal. with r/o every feeding. Ordered botanicare's Calplex the other day. Hoping it has less nitrogen for late flower. Also hear plants need less mag than cal in late flower. Should be enough mag in the micro I figure, so hoping calplex will do me right.

true grit

true grit

When I switched to coco- pure coco not coco blend- I started with Canna Coco A/B. Was very quickly disapproving of it, only lasted a veg cycle and a bloom cycle and I was off to trying the AN products.

Started with 3pt, was a huge improvement over the Canna (in my grow) and i started experimenting. From there went to the Connoisseur, and stuck with that for many full bloom cycles and found it to be pretty stable and very easy to use. I was told folks couldnt dial it...then i saw the ppm's they were feeding- ya thats why. Stuff is very heavily chelated and though they appear to eat it up, they don't need shit tons. The chelation just gives you a wider range of uptake which allows for less ppm.

From there I did a run with the Sensi AB, and honestly didnt see a discernible difference between the Connie and Sensi so I've been using the Sensi since then.

THe Canna AB was handed down and attempted again in a coco grow i was helping with some improvements i thought might help- well, we ended up using Sensi AB again with great results. Switched some hydro folks from HG over to sensi and they haven't looked back. I find the ph to be very stable....

Havent messed around teh GH 3pt tho...

K

Karma Genetics

Any of you ever used Hy-pro hydro A/B ?

I love that stuff for my hydro grows, make's growing very easy and cheap.

They use red copper, so dont spill on your clothing.

J

JJP53

Can you get the same yield results from GH that you get from AN

sticky icky

sticky icky

Supp IB I've been runnin advanced for a long while haven't had many probs with it deff- water,water,feed so u can flush any build up or etc...my deff choice of a AN base would be there Iguana I've had some great results with it but u know how it goes with diff environments not evrything works out the same from one to the next.As far as canna I its been real good to me I use the a and b base with all there additives and combine that with some advanced overdrive the last 2 weeks of flower before you start flushin I really like the overdrive it feels for me,maybe my enviroment that it just blows em up crazy literally overnight with Canna I've found that there grow chart will have u way under feeding as supposed to there phone application by about 500 ppm deff a substancial diff.

I

innercityphunk

Stick with GH. try the Lucas formula with heads mod.

I just started using it and my girls look happy.

U save money because u only need micro and bloom.
no need for flora blend, nectar, or grow.

"I like saving money".

Icp

G

Genius Genetics

please explain heads mod.

i understand the Lucas formula but if i have got it wrong please correct me

for flower 8ml micro, 16ml bloom per us gallon

and Grow 5ml micro, 10ml bloom

what mods does head make to the formula??

Peace
Genius

I

innercityphunk

please explain heads mod.

i understand the Lucas formula but if i have got it wrong please correct me

for flower 8ml micro, 16ml bloom per us gallon

and Grow 5ml micro, 10ml bloom

what mods does head make to the formula??

Peace
Genius
here's what head changed for coco,
Highyas guys...

After watching and reading and generally being impressed with the results you've all been getting with the coco medium, I've had to make the switch myself...

Being the rebel that I am...Not having coco specific nutes, and having a full supply of GH flora micro and bloom, I've been working at tailoring the 'Modified Lucas formula' I was using in pro-mix to suit the coco better...

The mix I have arrived at has reduced levels of K and P, and a slight reduction in total concentration, because I have been keeping the runoff to a minimum (only a few ounces of water come thru, just enough to let me know I'm completely saturated...

So... when I was using a modified lucas formula... my nutrient profile when growing in promix was:
N 130
P 93
K 163
Mg 64
S 43
Ca 130

By mixing 8ml/gal micro and 14ml/gal bloom and watering with plain water every other watering...

In the coco, I am now using 6ml/gal micro and 9ml/gal bloom which gives the nute profile:
N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 27
S 41
Ca 97

adding 1 g/gal epsom salts to the solution changes the numbers for mg and s to:
Mg 67
S 61

Adjusting for the extra available potassium in the coco, the new formula puts me very close to the 'target ratio'... Phosphorous is a tad low, but I think there should be no worries there...

Nothing is too far along in flower right now, but I'll get some pics up a bit later.

I have also seen advantage in keeping the coco fairly wet, I'm guessing that the coco holds the nutes so well, that as moisture evaporates out, concentrations rise...

Latest posts

Top Bottom