Considering some new LED lights which is better?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I have a 2x2.5×5'7" gorilla grow tent and have currently 2 300w ViparSpectra LEDs. I have never noticed my plants ever standing at attention and soaking up the rays like when I had them outside. I'm assuming these just arent that powerful.

I'm looking at a few options and trying not to spend more then $200 bucks. I know this is the most crushal part of any grow. But I can only afford what I can afford.

Should I stick with what I have or (have seen these 2 companies talked about a bunch in these forums), go with a Mars Hydro ts 1000w, or a Spider Farmers sf 1000w.

They are both relatively the same price and doable for my budget.

Appreciate any and all input.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Only 135w?

For a 2x2 space. You can go with a 2 board setup from many resellers or direct from shenzen with 200-250 watts but its a bit much for a 2x2 so you would have to dim it down likely.

The lights you have already should work fine although look purple. If you are having problems its not likely the lamp. Maybe how far they are? Are they actual 300w? Cause if they are real 300w from the wall one would be plenty.

And that hlg 135 watt kit can grow up to a half pound in your space with some practice and luck.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

For a 2x2 space. You can go with a 2 board setup from many resellers or direct from shenzen with 200-250 watts but its a bit much for a 2x2 so you would have to dim it down likely.

The lights you have already should work fine although look purple. If you are having problems its not likely the lamp. Maybe how far they are? Are they actual 300w? Cause if they are real 300w from the wall one would be plenty.

And that hlg 135 watt kit can grow up to a half pound in your space with some practice and luck.

This is what I have. And I have 2 of them, they fit perfectly in my 2x2 but was only running 1. I unfortunately ended up having 2 male autos so now I'm germinating 6 new ones to try and get some females up. And while I'm doing that if I need better lighting I will try and get it while I'm starting over.

Also how can I tell the W out of the wall? I just heard whatever the number is you usually get half that. So a 100w is usually 50, 300 is 150 and so on.

Here is a screen shot of what I bought

Screenshot 20200923 192320 Chrome
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It will say in the specs. Maybe on the sticker, manual or online. Otherwise you use a watt meter but i have never used one.

Also where did you find regular auto seeds? They are usually feminized.

Anyway. If you upgrade to a new samsung diode light you need about 30 watts per square foot.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Here are some pics for ya. I honestly dont want to buy more lights if one or running 2 of these will work. I mean I'm sure they work just use to seeing them perky outside and not when they are in the tent. Well when they were in the tent until I found out they were males then I threw them outside and they were just stretched towards the sun. Just made me think my lights dont have them like that maybe it's not enough.

20200923 193728
20200923 194039
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I got the viparspectra 2000 for my 3x3 tent and seems like I could benefit from more myself. It has a 395w draw

I have been looking at the 1500 for my 2x2. I dont know if I wanna go much larger for such a small grow space because of heat.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

The 1000x panel from viraspetrca is really good. I have that and a 300w panel on my veg tent. made a world of difference.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

maybe an indication...got a Viparspectra PAR450 and it draws 240w off the wall, at its full settings. i run this LED in 2' (W) x 2 ' (L) x 6' (H) tent. that's what makes me think a 250W HPS or 315W CMH might do in the same tent.

this PAR450 has B/W/R settings - allowing you to change from vege to flowering. other Viparspectra models have just switches, betw vege and flowering phase.

Last edited:
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

maybe an indication...got a Viparspectra PAR450 and it draws 240w off the wall, at its full settings. i run this LED in 2' (W) x 2 ' (L) x 6' (H) tent. that's what makes me think a 250W HPS or 315W CMH might do in the same tent.

this PAR450 has B/W/R settings - allowing you to change from vege to flowering. other Viparspectra models have just switches, betw vege and flowering phase.

I have been actually looking at their pro series. The P1500. Doesnt have a switch for veg to bloom but has an adjustable dimmer.

CF89

CF89

Does the bloom really matter? My viparspectra spends its whole life with bloom and veg both cranked to 100. What would bloom light hurt during veg?

Latest posts

Top Bottom