Considering some new LED lights which is better?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Does the bloom really matter? My viparspectra spends its whole life with bloom and veg both cranked to 100. What would bloom light hurt during veg?
The bloom is more red, veg is more blue. Red makes plants taller with longer internodes.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

The bloom is more red, veg is more blue. Red makes plants taller with longer internodes.

Which again raises the question these dont seem to have a bloom cycle and in a small tent like a 2x2 would this light get me from seed to finished or would I need to do something else during flowering?

R

redshift75

I can recommend an inexpensive light right now that is going in and out of sale. I got em like a month or 2 ago for $45 bloomspect sl600***click here***

tried like 8 different quantums. Reason i liked that one was mostly the price and it had a dimmer. My Local Grow shop had them and compared em against like the mars hydro without the dim and the spider farm. They appear to be the same diodes just with small variations to each model.

Not as good as my samsung quantums. But they are definitely working for flower.
I have em all dialed into where they are drawing roughly 56 watts in the picture.

reason i throw these as a contender. Is of all the random quantums i tested. They appeared to be the best value. IDK if true value quantum or whatever. But when you compare them to popular models from the other guys they are at face value providing the same level of quality at a better price point. $90 vs the $140 for my qb288's hard to say id prolly go with the 288's but i could also get a 3rd light and have more coverage. Which the more i experiment with lights the more i see how coverage and penetration seems to go further. For example 4 of those 300 watt vipar spectras you have in my opinion are better than 1 1200watt model. Because of what you can achieve moving 4 lights around vs 1. Id also choose this model over the 300watt vipar specta.

IMG 20200919 195927
IMG 20200919 195940

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I can recommend an inexpensive light right now that is going in and out of sale. I got em like a month or 2 ago for $45 bloomspect sl600***click here***

tried like 8 different quantums. Reason i liked that one was mostly the price and it had a dimmer. My Local Grow shop had them and compared em against like the mars hydro without the dim and the spider farm. They appear to be the same diodes just with small variations to each model.

Not as good as my samsung quantums. But they are definitely working for flower.
I have em all dialed into where they are drawing roughly 56 watts in the picture.

reason i throw these as a contender. Is of all the random quantums i tested. They appeared to be the best value. IDK if true value quantum or whatever. But when you compare them to popular models from the other guys they are at face value providing the same level of quality at a better price point. $90 vs the $140 for my qb288's hard to say id prolly go with the 288's but i could also get a 3rd light and have more coverage. Which the more i experiment with lights the more i see how coverage and penetration seems to go further. For example 4 of those 300 watt vipar spectras you have in my opinion are better than 1 1200watt model. Because of what you can achieve moving 4 lights around vs 1. Id also choose this model over the 300watt vipar specta.

View attachment 1035352View attachment 1035356

I will look into it. I'm currently looking at the viparspectra p1500 at 99 bucks. But again that's kinda why I put this out there to see what people are using and getting results with. I have 2 of the 300s but only ran 1 in my 2x2. Ugh so many options

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

A p1500 is $330 Canadian here. P2000 is $525.

$99 usd for a p1500 seems like a hell of a deal

Ebay

But my question on this is this light good from seed to flower? It has a dimmer where you can control the intensity of light but been hearing people say this is awesome for veg but they use something else for flower. I ain't trying to do all that.

Screenshot 20200924 112718 eBay
R

redshift75

So that light you posted for $99 - in my opinion from first hand experience is they both have the same LEDs. I have tested those. That is the model light i returned and ended up buying ten of the bloomspects after seeing them at the grow store They also claimed it was "sanan" led's, that sanan themselves claim do not exist. So Sanan does make Plant diodes. But none in the size most these companies say these lights are. So just like the bloomspect, mars, spider farm, ton of other brands. they all have this random LED that they make up mostly and wont show any spec sheet on. But they seem to work as lots of growers use lights with them. So they all test pretty much the same in respect to the wattage and layout on an apogee. its not that it was bad, it was again the coverage i was able to get with 2 lights with same diodes at 250 led per panel vs 1 with 450

The vipar did have a somewhat at face value better driver. But not enough to make it that great. At full power wasnt able to match my dual qb288 (not unexpected) but it would take 2 of them to meet that as my baseline. where it would take 3 of the blooms. Just trying to give an overall comparison. So going with the better value i chose 3 vs 1 or 2 of the other options. Because for me to exceed that baseline, would mean the value goes back to the dual 288's with real samsung lm301 led's.

I will say if you end up with the viparspectra is nothing wrong with it. They are a good company. You pay for the brand reputation and its largely a good reputation as your experience with your lights has shown. You can always just add that quantum with your blurples max out your space and coverage and you probably wouldnt see a difference except at the price tag.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

So that light you posted for $99 - in my opinion from first hand experience is they both have the same LEDs. I have tested those. That is the model light i returned and ended up buying ten of the bloomspects after seeing them at the grow store They also claimed it was "sanan" led's, that sanan themselves claim do not exist. So Sanan does make Plant diodes. But none in the size most these companies say these lights are. So just like the bloomspect, mars, spider farm, ton of other brands. they all have this random LED that they make up mostly and wont show any spec sheet on. But they seem to work as lots of growers use lights with them. So they all test pretty much the same in respect to the wattage and layout on an apogee. its not that it was bad, it was again the coverage i was able to get with 2 lights with same diodes at 250 led per panel vs 1 with 450

The vipar did have a somewhat at face value better driver. But not enough to make it that great. At full power wasnt able to match my dual qb288 (not unexpected) but it would take 2 of them to meet that as my baseline. where it would take 3 of the blooms. Just trying to give an overall comparison. So going with the better value i chose 3 vs 1 or 2 of the other options. Because for me to exceed that baseline, would mean the value goes back to the dual 288's with real samsung lm301 led's.

I will say if you end up with the viparspectra is nothing wrong with it. They are a good company. You pay for the brand reputation and its largely a good reputation as your experience with your lights has shown. You can always just add that quantum with your blurples max out your space and coverage and you probably wouldnt see a difference except at the price tag.

Yeah honestly each application is different. That's why I'm reaching out to see what's working best for my fellow growers. I'd hate to really buy anything else when I have 2 300ws just sitting. But unsure of I should roll with 2 or get 1 larger and run with that. My brain hurts atm to much to take in.

Bass.man

Bass.man

Ebay

But my question on this is this light good from seed to flower? It has a dimmer where you can control the intensity of light but been hearing people say this is awesome for veg but they use something else for flower. I ain't trying to do all that.
I have the 1500 on a 3x3,works good for veg and bloom. I purchased a maxison 2000 and it was too bright for my plants, had to switch back to the 1500 viperspectra.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I have the 1500 on a 3x3,works good for veg and bloom. I purchased a maxison 2000 and it was too bright for my plants, had to switch back to the 1500 viperspectra.

Mind me asking why it was to bright? And I see you're in a 3x3. Think the 1500 would be to much for a 2x2.5?

Bass.man

Bass.man

I have been actually looking at their pro series. The P1500. Doesnt have a switch for veg to bloom but has an adjustable dimmer.
I use the dimmer on my p1500 during early veg,usually at 50%,and gradually move to 100 %.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I use the dimmer on my p1500 during early veg,usually at 50%,and gradually move to 100 %.

Yeah I was reading their specs and said for seedlings start at 40% and increase as grow goes on. Working your way to 100%

Bass.man

Bass.man

Mind me asking why it was to bright? And I see you're in a 3x3. Think the 1500 would be to much for a 2x2.5?
The plants couldn't handle the intensity,the leafs folded up. I ended up using the s2000 in a 10x10 room with an 8 foot ceiling. The p1500 would be good for your small tent.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

The plants couldn't handle the intensity,the leafs folded up. I ended up using the s2000 in a 10x10 room with an 8 foot ceiling. The p1500 would be good for your small tent.

Leaning pretty heavy towards it. I also have a gorilla tent so have the option to expand and go taller with their expansion kit if needed.

Jermamma420

Jermamma420

Here are some pics for ya. I honestly dont want to buy more lights if one or running 2 of these will work. I mean I'm sure they work just use to seeing them perky outside and not when they are in the tent. Well when they were in the tent until I found out they were males then I threw them outside and they were just stretched towards the sun. Just made me think my lights dont have them like that maybe it's not enough.
Dang wicked pissa is out of everything. I'm looking everywhere for regular auto seed to breed with.

Top Bottom