Contactor and digital hps

• Thread starter ukcheesehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesehead

do you need to use 1? hope not as they take up 2 plugs and i need 1 for the water pump ...

S

Stackin Paper

Depends on the wattage of the light m8, if its a 250w you may get away with not needing 1 but anything over that its a must.

Anyways whats up with using an extension lead to get more sockets?

U

ukcheesehead

Depends on the wattage of the light m8, if its a 250w you may get away with not needing 1 but anything over that its a must.

Anyways whats up with using an extension lead to get more sockets?

didnt some 1 say u dont need 1 if u use digital balists ??
i am useing a lead a 6 gang 1. no more plugs in my room free.

S

Stackin Paper

didnt some 1 say u dont need 1 if u use digital balists ??
i am useing a lead a 6 gang 1. no more plugs in my room free.

Not sure m8, i've never heard that before though but it could be right.

Can't you put say another 4 gang ext lead into 1 of the sockets in the 6 gang ext lead, giving you a total of 9 sockets to use?

G

GDaze

i think they are meant to be low start up compared to the coil ballast that can use 30-50% extra for the initial lighting but as stacks says i think a contactor is a must with lights over 250w..i know u can put dishwashers through a normal timer but i don't know what they draw and i guess the worst that could happen is you wake up with dirty plates still in there...i wouldn't take the dr pepper challenge with my grow
all guess work that so take it with a couple of hoola hoops

U

ukcheesehead

Not sure m8, i've never heard that before though but it could be right.

Can't you put say another 4 gang ext lead into 1 of the sockets in the 6 gang ext lead, giving you a total of 9 sockets to use?

is that safe too do ????

S

Stackin Paper

is that safe too do ????

Depends m8, what ya got on there, a 250w then 400w and a fan and lil fan and a pump for ya dripper, what else is there?

I should imagine it will be fine, on my 6 gang i got 1200w light plus fans and what not,

U

ukcheesehead

Depends m8, what ya got on there, a 250w then 400w and a fan and lil fan and a pump for ya dripper, what else is there?

I should imagine it will be fine, on my 6 gang i got 1200w light plus fans and what not,

when im in veg there will be a 250w rvk 125 clip on fan and the water pump .
im flower there will be 400w digi rvk 125 x2 clip on fans water pump and a enviro 125 for mums

S

Stackin Paper

when im in veg there will be a 250w rvk 125 clip on fan and the water pump .
im flower there will be 400w digi rvk 125 x2 clip on fans water pump and a enviro 125 for mums

So you only need that extra socket for flower really then m8, im sure that stuff will be fine cos the pump is only gonna be used for a couple of minutes everday and the clip on fans use hardly fuck all leccy wise.

U

ukcheesehead

So you only need that extra socket for flower really then m8, im sure that stuff will be fine cos the pump is only gonna be used for a couple of minutes everday and the clip on fans use hardly fuck all leccy wise.

yep . sound . best to be safe i guess....

well happy with the digi well cheap to used price of my was working out £2.20 a day for all the house and tent .. when i used to flower with the 250w it was £3 plus aday

T

Thick Smoke

i assume electricity is similar in the uk to america.
look at the power breaker that runs the outlets in question. or is it a fuse?
either way how many amps is it rated for? then add up the total amperage of everything running on it. as long as the used electricity is less then the amount rated for fuse/breaker you can add a multi plug to make more outlets.

in america a 6 gang box would have 6 outlets in it. that would mean 12 receptacles. usually with a amount like that there would be multiple circuits running that box.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
You need a contactor or at least one of the heavy duty envirolite timers, rated at 26 amp I think.

Digi / Analogue make no difference, the load is too large for a basic timer to be able to handle.

You could always plug both contactor plugs into the same point via a extension cube. This is totally safe, as you still have the same load on those two plugs as if you were to plug the light straight in. Does that make sense.

U

ukcheesehead

You need a contactor or at least one of the heavy duty envirolite timers, rated at 26 amp I think.

Digi / Analogue make no difference, the load is too large for a basic timer to be able to handle.

You could always plug both contactor plugs into the same point via a extension cube. This is totally safe, as you still have the same load on those two plugs as if you were to plug the light straight in. Does that make sense.

yep . i did think that but ive a exstetion plugged into the 6 gang so i have 4 more holes free but only going to use 1 what i need .

ta

H

Husbandnwife420

i have a 3outlet adaptor into the timer and a 20ft extenchion cordoff that with a 3 s outlet add. on thate 1hp 2 lil fanswired 2gether. and 2 lil flo.18in+24in:dance works out grate

Top Bottom