Controlling temperature is getting to be a problem.

• Thread starter marcodimeg70
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marcodimeg70

marcodimeg70

I have been having trouble keeping the temperature the same. I’m still getting growth but the temperature is just a bit too high. Can anyone suggest something to control the temperature? Do I need to lower the intensity of the light or something else?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Some details of the setup and equipment will help ppl give you possible solutions if in fact temps are to high.

Remember its plants temps that matter and there are many ways those can be manipulated.

You want to use an IR temp gun to check leaf temps

2Bad

2Bad

Some details of the setup and equipment will help ppl give you possible solutions if in fact temps are to high.

Remember its plants temps that matter and there are many ways those can be manipulated.

You want to use an IR temp gun to check leaf temps
Any recommends on a temp gun I looked on amazon and was really confused

OP if you lower light intensity it will lower the temp your light is pretty much an oven.

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

OP, if you are running a LED light with a dimmer, you can dim the light and run the LED fixture closer to the plant to maintain the same PPFD measurement at the canopy (although the overall area you can cover will be reduced without additional lighting fixtures). The goal here is approx. 800 ppfd.

Also, you would be much better off running more than one fixture at dimmed settings, rather than one light running at 100%. Light fixtures operate the least efficiently (producing more heat) when ran at 100%.

Madbud

Madbud

Even the cheap infrared thermometers are accurate. Way down in price from a couple years ago
F50D34A4 AB4D 477D B9D2 54F4F374E6AC

MercDod

MercDod

Good Day,
As said, replacing the air inside tent (if you have a tent) faster will reduce temps if cooler outside of tent.
As said, lowering your light and reducing the intensity will lower the temps if you can adjust the intensity.
Moving the drivers for the LEDs to the outside of tent (in your using a tent and using an LED light) can reduce the temps.
Reducing the air temp in your lung room (if your using a lung room) can reduce temps. (put AC in room, fan in the doorway, exhausting tent air outside of lung room, etc..)
What needs to be clear here is, the people who are trying to help you need to know all the aspects of your grow. Are you using a tent, closet ...? What kind of light are you using, LED, HPS ... and any other pertinent information that may be relevant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom