Conversation On Building A GrowOp In A Mobile Trailer

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey fellow farmers, I want to build a grow op in a mobile trailer, I have an idea of how to do it but I would like to talk about it with ya'll. I have about 8 years experience in construction, mostly concrete work, but also framing, drywall. Also a lil experience with electrical.

WIth that being said, if anyone has experience with this or idea's please post on here, I am thinking about dividing the trailer into a veg and flower chamber. I think 2 600-650 watt LED bar lights at 240v would work, maybe 3-4 lights if possible but that seems excessive for a trailer. I'm not really sure how electrical works with a trailer, I was looking at some last night and one of them had a 30 amp service. So does that have to get connected to an external service line? I've never had a trailer so not positive how it works, if it is a mobile trailer, does the electricity run off the gasoline?

I have a lot more questions but I will just start there, I don't want to overload on too many subjects right off the bat.

Thanks for the help farmers, looking forward to the conversation.

Ponky

Ponky

They plug into a 30 amp feed or a 50 amp feed. You plug into a special receptacle shape. But it's just mains power. And RV power cable is expensive. Otherwise you can by 12 gauge extension cables. Run those straight from a standard socket. To have an RV plug on the outside of your house you need a 125 amp panel and feed. But that varies. For a 30 amp budget I'd do 3 600 watts and fans and small window AC. Using 2 or 3 circuits.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

We need more info!

By mobile trailer, what do you mean exactly?

Is it somewhere with existing power run to and/or near it? From a pole? To a service unit? Directly to meter on trailer?

How old is the trailer and therefore existing electrical? How’s the old circuit panel look?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks for the replies.

@GreenMtnGuru This is just a concept right now. I need to have a plan so I can take it to a partner.

I guess the easiest would be to buy a used mobile home so everything is already hooked up. I just don't want to be in a trailer park where everybody is 5 feet from each other, that's too close.

@BionicKroniK No pics yet, this is the very beginning stage lol

Thanks @Ponky and @Oldchucky for the good advice, appreciated.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

If money was no object gutting it and then sprayfoaming the interior would both insulate and take care of the air leaks it probably has.

You can do some math to figure out how many watts you can run off of however many amps. I think 15 amps used to be able to hold 3 600 watt HPS.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

If your gonna go through all this just build yourself a “lawn shed” behind your house.

Less than $10k and you have everything you need (building, lights, seeds, ac, fans, etc) with power and water run to it.

No business partner needed. Baller shed for the mower when you need a bigger space for your trees. Easy to check on and maintain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom