converting from Soil -> Hydro?

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

I have access to some soil teenagers about 2 feet high, in soil currently. I am going to run hydroponics, is there any way to convert soil -> hydro? Is it possible to dissolve all soil roots in water so its just roots left, then go from there?

B

Bobby Smith

I've done it - it's pretty easy.

Just put each plant into a bucket of lukewarm water, and let it sit there for 10-15 minutes until the soil is soaking wet.

At that point it's pretty easy to GENTLY remove the soil from the roots............do your best and get out what you can, but it's pretty difficult to get 100% out.

Good luck.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ya Ive done it to no problems. It still worries me.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

with no shock from advance
i think these people should be paying me

S

strictlyOG

no shock & b-52 should make your job easier and a less of a chance for your plants to get into shock. ive done it before only thing is there is no down side. i would recommend coco as medium of choice

W

weedfarm

i have done this in the past. I usually just get what I can off and leave the rest of the soil. eventually it washes off. It doesnt hurt my E&F system

squarepusher

squarepusher

cool thanks for answers, if I was doing recirculating I think this would be a worse idea, but soil -> coco or drain to waste is less likely to run into problems it seems with residual dirt not left in your system to clog/muddy

W

weedfarm

i run E&F tables recirculating, never had an issue. I expected alot of dirt to come out, like a mud puddle but that wasnt the case. I guess since the table floods and the water doesnt blast the roots, the dirt stays in place

J

Jalisco Kid

Feed your girls a few days before with kelp and about 80 ppms of P. I would the wash my roots in about 60* water. I would then put some ida3 and some bennies on the roots then transplant. then floral with a weak 300ppm grow formula with a little kelp. JK

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

coco is prob the most forgiving and easiest to clean
just set your ladies off to the side and let them drain to waste for a bit
some people do leave it drain to waste perminetly but i think this would be a waste for anything that resembles a expensive nutreint schedule
my biggest prob is a constant battle with gnats so keep an eye out them bastards will eat your roots

D

diffrentstrains

washing roots from soil medium to Hydroton.

Looks like I found some good advice. I hope these are washed enough..?
IMAG0258.jpg

2DogWalker

Diff,

Was that from one of the solo cups or a black square pot? Do you have a pic of how the other washed either way? Thanks bro

2Dog

H

hell9

Much better than my recent effort going from soil -> DWC. Poor thing took the move bad. Roots are starting to pour out the side of the net pot but it has taken about 10 days for visible root growth to appear and the plant was munching on its own goodness in the mean time. Older growth has yellowed off but the younger parts of the plant is still looking fresh.Good job it was a stocky lttle bush of a WRhino.

Well done DS. Hope the move goes well for you.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Yeah looks like all these people got you covered square. It no big whup! Just wash and go. Benis will help and B vits help. Lower the light a tad for the first few days, that is huge I find. Little to no stress.

Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom