Cookies!

• Thread starter BirdDog1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdDog1

BirdDog1

5 gallon Rootmaker container, black gold, 9 a light. Bam, 1.5. Ultimately the healthiest plants pull out the numbers typically not accounting for genetics of course. But when they root heartily and go through the transitions flawlessly they tend to yield better. I'm sure you know that, but with a finnicky strain or a lower yielding strain on average this seems multiplied and is of the utmost importance. If you hit more than 2.5 ounces a plant with that above schematic your in the range rather easily...

Right on! I noticed that this strain prefers smaller plastic containers SOG for top quality so I had been running that for a while. Out of 1, 2 and 3 gallon plastic, she liked the 2 gallon SOG best. This round I went for straight weight in this configuration. 5 gal smart, 12 per (Basicly a square around the bulb):

DSC00965

The gap filled in nice:

DSC00966

Hoping for 1.5!!! I def don't like them stacked so close because it's so hard to get in there to spray and work. Next round will be 9 per, thanks for the tip! I wish I talked to you a year ago!

PS: Baba fan here:

DSC00967

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Are you topping them BirdDog? That undercarriage looks like you could benefit from cleaning them up and concentrating all the yield where the light is hitting ;) If your topping them, I'd recommend it earlier as there is a lot of height from the smartpot to your topping spot if you've topped em.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Are you topping them BirdDog? That undercarriage looks like you could benefit from cleaning them up and concentrating all the yield where the light is hitting ;) If your topping them, I'd recommend it earlier as there is a lot of height from the smartpot to your topping spot if you've topped em.

Yep, I do top. With GSC, around twice. She is so viney that the first top can be enough. Once I take the main she explodes. With that room it's a 4x8 tray in a 6x10 room so there's not much room to work. It's like baking cookies and that's the oven! But 72 ;). Def won't go that thick next time.....all that crap on the bottom bugs me too :D, I can't even get in there to pull off the dead leaves and that gives me anxiety haha. Those babies are over 5' which is also pushing it for that room. I see what you are saying though, my strategy for yeild could be it's own demise because i'm not able to prune and care for a 100% healthy plant.

Here is a better example of my usual run (GSC):

DSC00649

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Thx for the tip, will be using a multi level scrog, but usually use a metal trellis. If she is sensitive, will use with a string based scrog. will see how she doeZ!

Hey Z I found this pic for ya, it's from my Scrog with GSC. Basicly, every contact point where the branch was being held back by the wire bruised and stayed that way until the end. By week 8 some of the spots were infected where the plant just couldn't heal. All my other strains didn't have problems, just her. Maybe if you put something in between like some green frendly tape or something. Anyway, good luck!

DSC00204

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Thanks Bird! i see what you mean. I actually took your advice and threw in a nice 1st stage trellis to help keep her a bit spread. was going to flip her to flowering next week, but.... just might have to take a couple more cuts;). Thanks for the tipZ!

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

First off id like to say you are a hell of a grower birddawg, im only on my second grow but have been reading up on different strains, grow journals, and just growing in general for 3-4 years and that is some quality herb your growing(of course you have the right genetics) but bravo man. I cant wait to pick up some some of the alien cookies when i get the extra cash, that looks like some straight up dank!

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

First off id like to say you are a hell of a grower birddawg, im only on my second grow but have been reading up on different strains, grow journals, and just growing in general for 3-4 years and that is some quality herb your growing(of course you have the right genetics) but bravo man. I cant wait to pick up some some of the alien cookies when i get the extra cash, that looks like some straight up dank!

Thanks OG! That's cool. I just plain love growing, getting good at it was pure pleasure. I know it's not east throwing up pics of your grow and letting people comment on your sweat and tears, but I think that should be your next step. You will be pushed by the awsome farmers here to get even better, I made a big leap since I started posting journals. The farmers here are top notch, and good people. It seems that no matter how good I get, I just meet someone else that even better. The sky's the limit here. And ya, Alien Cookie is made of the stuff of legends, so an experienced grower like yourself should knock it out of the park.

Take care, and thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom