Cooking my first soils

• Thread starter guhman2002
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
guhman2002

guhman2002

Hey all,
Cooking my first organic soils... Trying out 4 different blends.
Anyway, I’m about a week in to “cooking” and I have white fuzz on top of my soil.
1) Is this good/bad?
2) Should I mix it in?
3) Should I be mixing/turning this or iust letting it sit in-disturbed for a month?

R

redshift75

Hey all,
Anyway, I’m about a week in to “cooking” and I have white fuzz on top of my soil.
1) Is this good/bad?
2) Should I mix it in?
3) Should I be mixing/turning this or iust letting it sit in-disturbed for a month?

1) yes it should be a good one and you are fine if its an organic soil blend and you are cooking
2) when you water and plan to turn it in you can mix it in. If I were cooking for a month id keep it moist and ph all that good stuff and fold it in half way through or whatever your strategy calls for turning it over.
3) you can break up the larger chunks as they grow out and turn them in and can break em up turn em in and help it grow more. If you see its rate of growth stall feel free to turn it in.

Thats just my take on it. But i would also turn it in when i feel its a good time, not just because i saw that. if i needed to add water and fluff it thats when id take advantage.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Hey all,
1) Is this good/bad?
2) Should I mix it in?

Do you have mycorrhizae in there? If so, then yes. You want to keep it moist/warm but not damp. I like to let the beneficial fungi colonize about 20% before I agitate....but regardless, if the environment is right they'll flourish in SPITE of anything you do

Cheers

Top Bottom