Cooking with glycerine to make hard candy?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Hi cannachefs :) Does anyone know any recipes for making hard candy or lollipops using glycerine instead of corn syrup or sugar?

I want to make my own sweets....you know, the old school hard candy style...sucking sweets....lollipops without sticks. It doesn't have to be glycerine but I know glycerine is used as a sugar substitute, and is also fat based for extracting THC.

I've googled long and hard but not really come up with anything...hoping someone here might know. Thanks :)

hubcap

hubcap

all i know is "string candy" or "rock candy" and thats with sugar and food coloring....

i think 'michaels' has a gylciride/in based kit for sale?

F

FastForward

Found this....turned out I was using the wrong keywords...still no glycerine though, have to make tinc first:

Butterscotch Space Pops

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cannabis tincture

Directions
Line several baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. Use butter to grease the sides of a heavy 1-quart saucepan. In the saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and vinegar. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, to boiling, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar. Avoid splashing the mixture on the sides of the pan. Carefully clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, while adding the butter (cut into 8 pieces), 2 pieces at a time. Continue cooking the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer registers 300º F, hard-crack stage.

The candy mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate over the entire surface. Reaching hard-crack stage should take 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat; remove the thermometer. Stir in the vanilla extract and cannabis tincture. Cool for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, onto the prepared baking sheets. The mixture will make 2 to 3 inch circles. Quickly place a lollipop stick into each piece of candy, twisting gently to cover with the candy mixture. Let the lollipops harden. Wrap the lollipops individually in clear plastic wrap to store at room temperature. Makes 12 lollipops. Four lollipops will have about a tablespoon of cannabis tincture in it.

Cannabis Tincture

1 ounce cannabis
1 pint 95% ethanol (190 proof)

Directions

Place the cannabis and ethanol in a large glass Mason jar. Shake at least once a day. Place the jar in a brown paper bag. Leave in a warm spot, like near the window, for 30 to 60 days. The mixture should turn a very dark green. Strain with a cheesecloth, making sure to squeeze any excess liquid. This tincture has a nasty taste, but it is very powerful. It may upset fragile stomachs. You should take the tincture orally in cranberry juice or coffee with sugar. Store your tincture in a light-blocking glass jar in a cool, dry place, like the refrigerator or freezer. You can keep the cheesecloth in the freezer as well and apply it over an area of the skin for a few minutes with gentle rubbing.

hubcap

hubcap

got any other candy recipes?
anything with caramel, perhaps...???

num yummy

Barefrog

Barefrog

Hey Fastforward

You could be able to
just substitute the Tinc
for the Glycerine.

Bare

hubcap

hubcap

sweet.
literally.

i dont cook much with da herb, but, im dying ta give er a go.
brownies and choc chip cookies is bout as far as ive gone.

been craving caramel apples...

anyone holdin a 'special' recipe for the caramel?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Found this....turned out I was using the wrong keywords...still no glycerine though, have to make tinc first:

Butterscotch Space Pops

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cannabis tincture

Directions
Line several baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. Use butter to grease the sides of a heavy 1-quart saucepan. In the saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and vinegar. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, to boiling, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar. Avoid splashing the mixture on the sides of the pan. Carefully clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, while adding the butter (cut into 8 pieces), 2 pieces at a time. Continue cooking the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer registers 300º F, hard-crack stage.

The candy mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate over the entire surface. Reaching hard-crack stage should take 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat; remove the thermometer. Stir in the vanilla extract and cannabis tincture. Cool for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, onto the prepared baking sheets. The mixture will make 2 to 3 inch circles. Quickly place a lollipop stick into each piece of candy, twisting gently to cover with the candy mixture. Let the lollipops harden. Wrap the lollipops individually in clear plastic wrap to store at room temperature. Makes 12 lollipops. Four lollipops will have about a tablespoon of cannabis tincture in it.

Cannabis Tincture

1 ounce cannabis
1 pint 95% ethanol (190 proof)

Directions

Place the cannabis and ethanol in a large glass Mason jar. Shake at least once a day. Place the jar in a brown paper bag. Leave in a warm spot, like near the window, for 30 to 60 days. The mixture should turn a very dark green. Strain with a cheesecloth, making sure to squeeze any excess liquid. This tincture has a nasty taste, but it is very powerful. It may upset fragile stomachs. You should take the tincture orally in cranberry juice or coffee with sugar. Store your tincture in a light-blocking glass jar in a cool, dry place, like the refrigerator or freezer. You can keep the cheesecloth in the freezer as well and apply it over an area of the skin for a few minutes with gentle rubbing.

i'm sure that is a DANK recipe......although when I make budderscotch I follow almost the same recipe, cept my recipe calls for 5 tbsp of cannabudder................a 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch piece will do ya just find for about 6-8 hours :) When I get back home I'll post the recipe if I remember hehehehehe

bf

C

corilinville

Hi cannachefs :) Does anyone know any recipes for making hard candy or lollipops using glycerine instead of corn syrup or sugar?

I want to make my own sweets....you know, the old school hard candy style...sucking sweets....lollipops without sticks. It doesn't have to be glycerine but I know glycerine is used as a sugar substitute, and is also fat based for extracting THC.

I've googled long and hard but not really come up with anything...hoping someone here might know. Thanks :)

I have a recipe for caramels but its very strong . Here it is:
2 1/4cups packed brown sugar
1 cup of cannabutter
2 cups of corn syrup (replace with vegetable glycerin tincture )
1 can of Eagles head caramel condensed milk
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 pinch of sea salt

Simmer sugar and butter untill the sugar dissolves. Whisk gently to avoid burning. Add glycerin and condensed milk . Whisk for 15 minutes or untill stable (roughly 250°). Remove from heat and add the salt and vanilla extract. Allow to cool in a parchment paper filled pan. Please enjoy and be safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom