cool stacked pot spinning vertical hydro

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
clockworx

clockworx

I was shopping around the other day and came across these cool pots, the light bulb lit up and i got 4 complete sets....so I'm going to setup 3 600w or 2 1000w cool tubes in the middle of a 8×8 tent, the pots will spin on the hanger by means of motor....i can fill the pots with mapito and have drip lines feed from the top and middle, all the pots will drain into each other..a catch will be under every setup and all 4 will lead back to the res....I'm thinking this will be pretty cool and easy...only thing I'm going to trick out a little is the rack/motor and drip lines, they won't spin with the pots, but will be fed down the middle and then slant at a 45° , I'm not sure yet how many open drips I'm going to need but the back of the pots are all tight in a circle, the lines will drip above the pots and as they spin each pot will get water and it will drain to the pots below....I'm new to the vert thing so if you guys see something I'm missing let me know, I just want to double check on my idea//plans....this will be my side setup in my new house...thanks guys.
618yx9infml
71rhmdwem7l

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How will it spin with irrigation attached?

clockworx

clockworx

How will it spin with irrigation attached?
Line goes in the top down the middle of the setup, the drip lines will be attached to rods that direct the line to drip above the row of pots, as they spin the water will drip into the them. The pots are designed open inside the core....the line won't move at all...its the spinning that feeds each row

Last edited:
psilobuds

psilobuds

mate, that has gotta b the craziest idea ive seen yet! points 4 creativity.

whats the volume of each pot? the one u have pictured looks tiny. do u really think this will be better than other current tried an true methods?

clockworx

clockworx

mate, that has gotta b the craziest idea ive seen yet! points 4 creativity.

whats the volume of each pot? the one u have pictured looks tiny. do u really think this will be better than other current tried an true methods?
Only one way to find out mate. Each pot holds roughly 1.5 gallons, but you don't want huge pots for a sea of green type plant, they will get to big. I'm using mapito so the plants will have a good root system to support a foot of growth.. if I can get 1.5oz off each pot and there are 24pots per stack, that's 36oz per 4×4 section, 144oz per 8×8 tent.....and 1.5oz per pot isn't asking much, I have strains that could easy pull 2 in a pot that size.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Only one way to find out mate. Each pot holds roughly 1.5 gallons, but you don't want huge pots for a sea of green type plant, they will get to big. I'm using mapito so the plants will have a good root system to support a foot of growth.. if I can get 1.5oz off each pot and there are 24pots per stack, that's 36oz per 4×4 section, 144oz per 8×8 tent.....and 1.5oz per pot isn't asking much, I have strains that could easy pull 2 in a pot that size.

MAJOR Fan of Vertical grows. Eager to watch this show..Positive Vibes to you bro!! Grow On!!!

clockworx

clockworx

I'm in the process of moving , I'm going to finish the grow journal I'm doing now and shut this spot down. We have been at the new house for a month already building the main rooms. Today i ordered all the equipment to try this idea, but its not going to be in a tent, I figured , why put it in a place that's tight when working, we are going to frame out a 9×9 corner of the basement. This is going to be the last room up and running mainly because I don't know if I can count on it yet.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I'm in the process of moving , I'm going to finish the grow journal I'm doing now and shut this spot down. We have been at the new house for a month already building the main rooms. Today i ordered all the equipment to try this idea, but its not going to be in a tent, I figured , why put it in a place that's tight when working, we are going to frame out a 9×9 corner of the basement. This is going to be the last room up and running mainly because I don't know if I can count on it yet.

NOW YOUR thinking. . Myself i run vert bare bulb. I believe the benefits are the open air flow and better temp control. .Can't wait to see what you accomplish! !!

ttystikk

ttystikk

NOW YOUR thinking. . Myself i run vert bare bulb. I believe the benefits are the open air flow and better temp control. .Can't wait to see what you accomplish! !!

Don't know if you've been keeping up with the goings on over in my little inside out world, but I'm going bare bulb as well- and they're not the only things going vertical! I turned my whole trellis on its ear and bent it around the bulb, making a big grow cylinder that I grow my plants up the OUTSIDE of, only the growing tips get to peek inside. The thread is in the growing trees forum, 'oh my God, he turned it inside out!'

Top Bottom