cool tube

• Thread starter drpressure600
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

drpressure600

can anybody tell me what they think of the cool tubes, and what extra weight they put on a crop, my friend says 25% extra, but i don't understand, thanks . .

M

mellofello

Personally I think they are only suitable if heat is already an issue. The Cool tube I had gave out a very poor spread of light. I find that I can get just as close to my plants with my parabolc reflector and the spread of light is much much better. Perhaps one of those air cooled hood reflectors would be a better option if heat is a problem. Only my opinion though.

peace

mello

D

drpressure600

400w bulb

Personally I think they are only suitable if heat is already an issue. it is the heat thats the problem, i have a 400w in a tent, but i want to put in a 600w because i've 12 ak's on and want to get as much as i can off them, but the 600w gives to much heat off . .

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Then the cooltube is exactly what you need. They don't add to the yield just help control your environment so the plant can max out.

D

drpressure600

Then the cooltube is exactly what you need. They don't add to the yield just help control your environment so the plant can max out.
, could you explain that to me abit more, my heat now with a 400w is 27 degrees, miosture 57, how dose the tube make the plant max out, thanks kid, you always there 4 me ha ha . .

C

Cibin

, could you explain that to me abit more, my heat now with a 400w is 27 degrees, miosture 57, how dose the tube make the plant max out, thanks kid, you always there 4 me ha ha . .

Cooltube (aircooled hood) can decrease your growroom temperature for about 5 degrees C. If your temp is 33 with standard reflector your plants can suffer. Cooltube will lower the temperature, make your plants happy and yeild can increase a little bit..
But as was already mentioned above the light spread will be worst so there will be probably smaller yeild on plants standing in corners of your box / room.

excuse my english :worried

D

drpressure600

would the cool tube be good for growing in spain, or summer etc . .

F

fi_di_bot

would the cool tube be good for growing in spain, or summer etc . .
i grow in sardinia, we are placed like the mid spain, and from may to november the heat is a problem for growing indoor.
just building my new grow space and just put a cool tube yestarday :D
pics soon

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
A proper setup cooltube (100% efficient at ducting heat away) will keep your temps at about 2 degs above the ambient. It will decress your light footprint, but this does not mean it has to effect yield. I pull as much from cooltubes as I do adjustashades. About 18-25 oz per 600w depending on strain.

T

thcnology

But...You need to also buy a water chiller and a 50 gallon water drum for it to effectively work. The Fresca Sol will fit exactly into a 6' ducted air cooled hood, which will help the light spread out a bit, then you can set the hood right damn near on the colas if you want.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Why do we need a water chiller and drum for a cooltube? Are you thinking of water cooled lighting, as that just scares me.

H

Husbandnwife420

just checked them out kool but dam im no richey rich:ninja but if i was nice boxes 3,500 s a lot:no wez po folk

Latest posts

Top Bottom